Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Be On The Lookout For The Referees
(01-20-2023, 06:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The NFL ***** up every single thing they touch. They literally mess up every single decision...but they're gonna pull off the greatest heist in the history of mankind. 

Yeah. I don't think so. 

If you build it, they will come.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Say whaaaaaatttttttt? Now this is pleasantly arousing. 

For sure, I am not near as concerned when knowing that stat. Blowing things out of proportion around here? Just a little bit?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, I am not near as concerned when knowing that stat. Blowing things out of proportion around here? Just a little bit?  Mellow

No doubt. Felt like I was in Facebook reading this thread. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This here should draw some red flags. 

Who cares about them?  Bengals fans.  That's it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 11:06 AM)TheFan Wrote: Where are you getting this? That's no true and I dont understand why people need to lie to feel better about us possibly losing to a really good team. They won 5 games in a row with him and 4 of them were on the road. 

In 5 of the last 6 Buffalo games he called today, Buffalo had more penalties called on them.

It is 100% true.  Listen to the most recent "Hear That Podcast Growling" podcast.  Jay Morrison lives to research things like this.  I don't need shit to feel better about losing, and in my original post I said the Bengals will overcome.  Buffalo is one of the most penalized teams in the league, but if you understood this issue here, you would know that it is more than THEM getting flagged.  Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is 100% true.  Listen to the most recent "Hear That Podcast Growling" podcast.  Jay Morrison lives to research things like this.  I don't need shit to feel better about losing, and in my original post I said the Bengals will overcome.  Buffalo is one of the most penalized teams in the league, but if you understood this issue here, you would know that it is more than THEM getting flagged.  Facepalm

I would love for Jay Morrison (I like HTPG too), the other guy who posted an article saying they've won 6 straight games, or anyone else to post their source. Anything I've been able to find shows 6 games ago they lost to the Tennessee Titans on the road. I posted my source so I'd like to see what others are using to see which is correct. 

From what I see, they have won 5 in a row, which is different than the 6, 8, or 10 that other people here keep saying. As others have pointed out, the Bills were also far more heavily flagged in those games.

I don't understand what this is more about. Buffalo has been a good team the last 3 years so it makes sense they've won games.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 12:29 AM)Frostbelt Wrote: bills fans just sold out their side of the Atlanta game. In less than… 12 hours. Thousands of chiefs tickets still available.

Tiger

The Bills are going to get beat bad tomorrow!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, I am not near as concerned when knowing that stat. Blowing things out of proportion around here? Just a little bit?  Mellow

Not at all.  While games are not scripted, they are most certainly "influenced."  I saw a thread on a Reds forum a few days ago about this very topic. A majority of posters on that site think that it is likely or certain that the NFL has some influence on the outcomes of certain games. What some on here are overlooking is how very easy it is to cheat. Holding could legitimately be called on about every play in the NFL. A few calls or non-calls at strategic points in the game is enough to swing the odds considerably in one team's favor or disfavor. As one poster on the Reds forum correctly pointed out, it's the non-calls where the game officials can influence the game without much scrutiny. They can't be called out for something they "didn't see."  

Look for some questionable holding calls to stunt or stop Bengal drives and ESPECIALLY be alert to some non-calls that aid in extending some Bills' drives. It only takes a few non-calls to turn, what would have been maybe 3 or 6 points into 14 or 21 points. Don't be silly, if the NFL wants to influence games(which they do) via its proxy black and white striped enforcers, it is not hard to do.

It will be interesting to see the discussion on this topic on here about 7pm Sunday evening. Don't crucify those who don't trust mob boss, Goodell. 

Is there anyone on here that still naively says the NFL mob boss hasn't already influenced the odds on this game's outcome by his screwing of the Bengals post commotio cordis?  Of course he has. It was a blatant attempt to stack the deck against the Bengals in favor of a Chiefs-Bills neutral site pre-Superbowl bonanza in Atlanta. If he would be so blatant before the game is ever played, why should any of you trust that he won't attempt to solidify his preferred option during the game with some strategic non-calls on Bills' holding in order to extend drives and increase the odds of a Bills' win from 65%  to , say, 85% ?

I know it is disconcerting for many of you to consider that this actually does takes place(it is for me, as well) but let's not stick our heads in the proverbial sand. The NFL is motivated by one thing- it's bottomline. And it's bottomline is driven by it's engaging storylines. This season, the prevailing narrative is the Buffalo Bills and how they have circled the wagons and overcome the near death of their fallen comrade to reach the pinnacle of NFL success. The story continues to be written, as we speak.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I haven't read over the 8 pages of this, but I did look at the Jaguars message board and they also have a "this game is going to be rigged" thread on their page.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I haven't read over the 8 pages of this, but I did look at the Jaguars message board and they also have a "this game is going to be rigged" thread on their page.

Maybe they are less naive than some fans seem to be. 

Goodell wants Atlanta to happen !!!! You know he does. He will do what he can to take the odds from 60-65%  to  85-90%.

Right now, according to Five Thirty-Eight,  the probability of a Bengals' win is 36%. The probability of a Jags win is 16%. That means(by the multiplication rule) there is a slightly less than 6% chance of a Bengals- Jags AFCCG.

Goodell likely sees those 36% and 16% numbers as too risky party crashing numbers. I think he wants to see those numbers at no more than 15% and 10%(probably both under 10%).  Easily accomplished via a consistent pattern of no-calls.

Who do you think the officials are communicating with via those headsets?  Hmmm.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 03:15 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Maybe they are less naive than some fans seem to be. 

Goodell wants Atlanta to happen !!!! You know he does. He will do what he can to take the odds from 60-65%  to  85-90%.

Right now, according to Five Thirty-Eight,  the probability of a Bengals' win is 36%. The probability of a Jags win is 16%. That means(by the multiplication rule) there is a slightly less than 6% chance of a Bengals- Jags AFCCG.

Goodell likely sees those 36% and 16% numbers as too risky party crashing numbers. I think he wants to see those numbers at no more than 15% and 10%(probably both under 10%).  Easily accomplished via a consistent pattern of no-calls.

Who do you think the officials are communicating with via those headsets?  Hmmm.

Being a business, I'm sure the NFL has interests in certain brands being featured.  With that said, if the NFL is really rigged, they are doing a crap job since the Cowboys and Steelers haven't met in the SB in almost 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is 100% true.  Listen to the most recent "Hear That Podcast Growling" podcast.  Jay Morrison lives to research things like this.  I don't need shit to feel better about losing, and in my original post I said the Bengals will overcome.  Buffalo is one of the most penalized teams in the league, but if you understood this issue here, you would know that it is more than THEM getting flagged.  Facepalm

It can't be true. They've won 5 in a row because Tenn beat them. 

They've had 2 home games with Cheffers and they've been penalized more once and less once. They've had 5 away games with Cheffers and they've been penalized more in every one. That's the way Cheffers usually leans; the away team gets penalized more. 

I can't say why that is but one thing that stands out to me in the "win streak" is that most of the teams the Bills played were bad and Buffalo is a good team. 

As long as the Bengals play clean and they come out focused and execute, they should be fine. 

It's no different than any game. Don't leave it up to the refs to make a bad call at the end. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 12:05 PM)TheFan Wrote: I would love for Jay Morrison (I like HTPG too), the other guy who posted an article saying they've won 6 straight games, or anyone else to post their source. Anything I've been able to find shows 6 games ago they lost to the Tennessee Titans on the road. I posted my source so I'd like to see what others are using to see which is correct. 

From what I see, they have won 5 in a row, which is different than the 6, 8, or 10 that other people here keep saying. As others have pointed out, the Bills were also far more heavily flagged in those games.

I don't understand what this is more about. Buffalo has been a good team the last 3 years so it makes sense they've won games.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/ChefCa0r.htm

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being a business, I'm sure the NFL has interests in certain brands being featured.  With that said, if the NFL is really rigged, they are doing a crap job since the Cowboys and Steelers haven't met in the SB in almost 30 years.

Yeah. There's too many facts and instances where you'd think the league would want something to go a certain way and it doesn't.

That never matters to conspiracy theorists because it's too easy to come up with a new narrative on the spot, 'well because'. Even when that well because goes 180 in opposition to what they were saying before. Conspiracy theorists can *never be wrong* because they can change the narrative in an instant at any time. 

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 06:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/ChefCa0r.htm

Am I slow or does that not show 6 games ago the lost to the Titans? Meaning they did not win 6 in a row. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 06:18 PM)TheFan Wrote: Am I slow or does that not show 6 games ago the lost to the Titans? Meaning they did not win 6 in a row. 

You are correct. They've won 5 in a row and lost to Tenn. 

My original post with the games was missing the Tenn game because i didn't see it. After 'holic said "they've played 7 times.." i went back and looked and noticed i had missed that game. 

Going back 10 games, to 2011, they're 9-1

Reply/Quote
The officiating ended up favoring KC but not by much

That 1st they got on the reach was a bad call.

The Hilton PI was a bad call
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:19 AM)Housh Wrote: The officiating ended up favoring KC but not by much

That 1st they got on the reach was a bad call.

The Hilton PI was a bad call

That 3rd and 9 play saying KC called a timeout was complete BS then they flag you guys for pass interference. Terrible officiating. Like I said our former kicker posted on social media that he thought the refs handed KC the game.
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati, one of the most disciplined and least penalized teams in the NFL, has their season ended on a last second personal foul. Almost poetic. I hate to see it go down that way,
Reply/Quote
It did seem to me that pretty much every call in the 2nd half went the way of the home team. Would have to review them, but it did seem like the refs influenced the end of that one.

And yet, despite that, we'd probably have gone to OT if not for a braindead play from a Bengal. Unfortunately that's what ended the game, but tbh it seemed to me like we were chasing them all game.

Refs didn't seem great by any stretch, but the Bengals would've had that game had we played like we can. We didn't, and so we didn't.
Reply/Quote