Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be thankful
As we carb up for the holidays and argue over just about everything, I thought it would be a nice change of pace to give thanks for something.

I'm thankful the job trend isn't what it was a decade ago. More jobs is always a good thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
“Be thankful”?

Trump is right. Liberals just can’t bring themselves to say, “Happy Thanksgiving.”

Ninja
I love decorating for Halloween and Christmas but Thanksgiving truly my favorite holiday.

1) Family time.  Even though I am very fortunate and get to see my mom and dad and sister and her family often it is nice to know we will all be together for a few hours no matter what.  This is one of the few times I see my in-laws also.  I'll leave that there...lol.

2) No pressure for gifts or planning meals.  We know what we are eating.  We all know what we are bringing or making.  And we don't eat this kind of meal any other day (usually) so it is something to look forward to.

3) It really is an American holiday.  We put it on a damn Thursday and that's where it stays!  I get four day weekends so I'm really good with that!  Smirk 

(Sidenote: Look up and read about the fighting over the day Thanksgiving is on.  Interesting how big business REALLY had their thumbs in it.) 

And I could argue and fight about the history of it and the way Native Americans were/are treated but in the end the day is about when they got along for a brief period of time.  A point when the new immigrants were making their way and stopped to celebrate where they were.  Something we should all strive to do occasionally.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.