Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Beating a dead horse, but.....
(11-03-2022, 09:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jonah's inconsistency is really puzzling.  He has seen most of these guys multiple times now.  I thought he was such a "student of the game" and has a spreadsheet on every pass rusher.   Seems like he is spending more time playing video games and eating chips.  Looks like he has put on bad weight.  

Mixon I think has hit the Zeke Elliott wall.  He doesn't have the agility, explosiveness, or overall speed to avoid today's tacklers.  They are clearly "beating the dead horse" because he is the one getting paid.  It's really disappointing.  

I happened to skim through a couple condensed games from '17 and '18 and the difference in Mixon is night and day. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 10:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: Oh if they had just taken Dalvin Cook like I told em to.... LMAO

Ditto. That's who i was pining for. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:45 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: AND Buffalo....AND KC....AND Philly.  What do those three teams have in common?  I swear to God if I see 15 rushes with Mixon right up the gut that never bounce outside (because he doesn't see it or is too slow) and they average 2.5 yards per carry, two things are going to happen:  One, I'm going to vomit.  Two, they are going to lose.  

Good coached teams do it and it works yes sir.

(11-03-2022, 02:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Mixon's problem is actually the opposite - he ALWAYS tries to bounce outside even with a hole right in front of him. Perine does the right thing - accelerate and hit the hole as fast as possible. 

Agree, that is his problem, had a giant hole right in front of him time after time Monday night and bounced outside into 
his Guard and OT. Hit the hole damn it. Geez. Shocked

(11-03-2022, 05:21 PM)pally Wrote:

Hmmm  Hmm

Maybe they are thinking like I am thinking...
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 05:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ditto. That's who i was pining for. 

I was good with either at the time, thought Mixon had good vision, hands, burst just the same as Dalvin but it seems Joe 
has lost it and Dalvin still has his talents. Joe definitely doesn't have the vision he used to, strange how you can just lose 
this aspect of your skillset.
Reply/Quote
All I'm gonna recommend at this is point is to get a FULLBACK for Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:09 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: All I'm gonna recommend at this is point is to get a FULLBACK for Mixon.

We could call Jeremi Johnson.

[Image: th?id=OIP.gOBb9PpUDKEx3ZwkhfqreAHaFo&pid...id=Api&P=0]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: We could call Jeremi Johnson.

Anyone that the opposing team can take down first to give mixon those extra 3 yrds.
Reply/Quote

liked the Ballard HS kid actually

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: liked the Ballard HS kid actually

Oh he was great.  He just couldn't keep his weight down.  I really have no ill feelings for him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:22 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Oh he was great.  He just couldn't keep his weight down.  I really have no ill feelings for him.

Me too. Popcorn Attitude

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 08:20 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Anyone that the opposing team can take down first to give mixon those extra 3 yrds.

The likebacker may hit the FB first but the DE who instantly beats our tackles will still be getting Mixon in the backfield lol
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 05:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ditto. That's who i was pining for. 

(11-03-2022, 06:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I was good with either at the time, thought Mixon had good vision, hands, burst just the same as Dalvin but it seems Joe 
has lost it and Dalvin still has his talents. Joe definitely doesn't have the vision he used to, strange how you can just lose 
this aspect of your skillset.

You may or may not recall, but I wanted Cook because he thrived behind a very poor offensive line at FSU. What do we have in Cincinnati? Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 02:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Mixon's problem is actually the opposite - he ALWAYS tries to bounce outside even with a hole right in front of him. Perine does the right thing - accelerate and hit the hole as fast as possible. 

No, you saw one video or pic where he missed a hole in the middle.  There have been lots of times where the middle is clogged (defensive alignment) and by the time Mixon tries to bounce it outside, the LBs are on him.  There were lots of times (especially pitt and Dallas) where they did the same thing and clogged the middle and there was no one outside, but he just danced there waiting for an opening in the middle.  This used to be a strength of his, but it is now a weakess.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 11:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: The likebacker may hit the FB first but the DE who instantly beats our tackles will will be getting Mixon in the backfield lol

savage! lol
Reply/Quote

Hell, I'll settle for Domate Peko at FB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 10:10 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Hell, I'll settle for Domate Peko at FB.

Right now I'd take Peko at FB and DT even if he has been out of the league for a year+. He can't be worse than the practice squad guy we put out there Monday. Did that guy do anything? When I watched him he literally stood straight up at the snap and just stood there with his arms out. Maybe his job was to clog the middle, but he put no effort forth at all that I saw.
Reply/Quote
Now the coaches have gone public on Mixon.... hopefully they have lost their patience.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/04/bengals-coaches-arent-happy-joe-mixon-pass-blocking/

Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 12:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: You may or may not recall, but I wanted Cook because he thrived behind a very poor offensive line at FSU. What do we have in Cincinnati? Hmm

I recall that. My only argument for Joe over Dalvin was Joe only had 1 bad off field problem while Dalvin had more 
than one. As far as the RB's were, they were both extremely talented I just think Dalvin is smarter and has much better
vision now as Mixon is losing all the things he was supposed to be good at.

Have to think about drafting a RB somewhat early here in the next Draft or two and move on from Mixon it seems.

(11-04-2022, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, you saw one video or pic where he missed a hole in the middle.  There have been lots of times where the middle is clogged (defensive alignment) and by the time Mixon tries to bounce it outside, the LBs are on him.  There were lots of times (especially pitt and Dallas) where they did the same thing and clogged the middle and there was no one outside, but he just danced there waiting for an opening in the middle.  This used to be a strength of his, but it is now a weakess.  

Which shows his lack of instincts as well as his lack of vision. Nuts how he just lost it. Mellow

(11-04-2022, 12:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Now the coaches have gone public on Mixon.... hopefully they have lost their patience.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/11/04/bengals-coaches-arent-happy-joe-mixon-pass-blocking/

Yeah, hopefully...
Reply/Quote
Dead Horse
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Who the hell woke that horse up? Damn!

Reply/Quote