Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becton fails drug tests along with others at nfl combine.
How far does he drop? Till 33? Possible. If he’s there at 25 I’m trading up and sprinting to podium.
Reply/Quote
The biggest question to ask is why?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 10:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: How far does he drop? Till 33? Possible. If he’s there at 25 I’m trading up and sprinting to podium.

And what are you giving to move up?

Reply/Quote
Or maybe not.. If he falls to the Bengals at #33, then maybe. But, I can't see "trading up" to get a red flag guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He will not fall much, if at all. It’s his first failed test, as it’s being reported. I’ll be shocked if he goes below 15.

33? Wtf you smoking? Got any more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 11:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or maybe not.. If he falls to the Bengals at #33, then maybe. But, I can't see "trading up" to get a red flag guy.

With consistency issues to boot. I agree, take him in the 2nd if he drops, but idk about moving up.

Reply/Quote
Not to smart when you know you are being tested. And dropping down the board means losing money
Reply/Quote
Jerry Jones has already mentioned that the league is going to have to amend the marijuana punishments with so many state decriminalizing it. Will be interesting to see how it plays out? Ts, weed may not be considered a huge red flag in the near future. Especially, if it's no longer considered a banned substance by the league.
Reply/Quote
Probably Mexican super meth and that was the reason he was able to run so fast at that size. Hopefully that makes him slip to 33 and we get him cleaned up
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 12:08 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Jerry Jones has already mentioned that the league is going to have to amend the marijuana punishments with so many state decriminalizing it. Will be interesting to see how it plays out? Ts, weed may not be considered a huge red flag in the near future. Especially, if it's no longer considered a banned substance by the league.

The marijuana rules have already changed with the new CBA. No more suspensions for marijuana, only fines. The testing time has also been reduced. So if they get caught smoking weed they can still play, but with the fines they will essentially play for free.

So if he pissed hot for weed it’s no big deal.

I posted the new rules in the NFL section if you’re interested.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The marijuana rules have already changed with the new CBA. No more suspensions for marijuana, only fines. The testing time has also been reduced. So if they get caught smoking weed they can still play, but with the fines they will essentially play for free.

So if he pissed hot for weed it’s no big deal.

I posted the new rules in the NFL section if you’re interested.

This. Honestly, I'm glad for the CBA change to an extent. I'd rather these behemoth super athletes have the option to take something that mellows versus booze that has worse side effects (see Rich Incognito, Alex Boone, etc).

I don't think it'll affect his draft spot too much. I'm sure he'll still go in top 12ish.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 11:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He will not fall much, if at all. It’s his first failed test, as it’s being reported. I’ll be shocked if he goes below 15.

You bout to fail your test playa....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Do we know if it was a banned substance or a diluted sample....if he drank a ton of water to dilute a weed test, I could care less....but PEDs might be different.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:53 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: This. Honestly, I'm glad for the CBA change to an extent. I'd rather these behemoth super athletes have the option to take something that mellows versus booze that has worse side effects (see Rich Incognito, Alex Boone, etc).

I don't think it'll affect his draft spot too much. I'm sure he'll still go in top 12ish.  

I think marijuana needs to be studied more for its possible therapeutic benefits for such things as pain and anxiety versus current medications such as Vicodin and Xanax which can have dangerous side effects, interactions, and cause addiction.
Reply/Quote
This only becomes a problem if he gets flagged a second time during his 60 day distance abuse program.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 10:41 AM)jason Wrote: You bout to fail your test playa....

Cuz I asked if he has any more or cuz I don't think Becton falls much?  

I think there's zero chance he falls out of the first round due to this.  A few years ago video surfaced just prior to the draft with tunsil bonging weed in a gas mask.  He fell to what, 6?

And in some bizarre scenario he drops to 33 I draft him as fast as I take burrow at 1
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 01:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Cuz I asked if he has any more or cuz I don't think Becton falls much?  

I think there's zero chance he falls out of the first round due to this.  A few years ago video surfaced just prior to the draft with tunsil bonging weed in a gas mask.  He fell to what, 6?

And in some bizarre scenario he drops to 33 I draft him as fast as I take burrow at 1

I'm not worried about that... Just don't want you to lose your job when you fail your drug test.

Also... Wasn't there a murder for hire plot 8n Tunsill's draft too?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 11:09 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: He will not fall much, if at all. It’s his first failed test, as it’s being reported. I’ll be shocked if he goes below 15.

(04-18-2020, 01:21 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Cuz I asked if he has any more or cuz I don't think Becton falls much?  

Couple things. Tunsil fell to 13 when he was supposed to go top 3. Also becton is nowhere near the talent tunsil was coming out. Becton is the clear cut 4th best tackle in this class, dosent have the luxury of in person meetings so ppl can see the character of the guy, and for that reason i think he falls at minimum into the 20s
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 05:53 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: This. Honestly, I'm glad for the CBA change to an extent. I'd rather these behemoth super athletes have the option to take something that mellows versus booze that has worse side effects (see Rich Incognito, Alex Boone, etc).

Problem with weed is it makes you stupid, I know. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2020, 02:37 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Couple things. Tunsil fell to 13 when he was supposed to go top 3. Also becton is nowhere near the talent tunsil was coming out. Becton is the clear cut 4th best tackle in this class, dosent have the luxury of in person meetings so ppl can see the character of the guy, and for that reason i think he falls at minimum into the 20s

Becton is the clear cut 4th tackle in your eyes.  I highly doubt every team in the nfl ranks them that way.  A first failed test, at the combine no less, is not the same red flag it used to be under the new cba.  Will a team now take another tackle they had ranked slightly lower than Becton because of this?  Possibly.  still don't think he falls much because of this
Reply/Quote