Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been Awhile...This Franchise is Still a Circus...What else is New?
It actually took me way longer than I care to admit to figure out how exactly to login on here. No less than 3 minutes at least on "Toast Jones" + different password combinations alone. So, anyways...

How is everybody doing, here? Anything new, other than this franchise still being a dumpster fire of clown shoes and full blown AID's?

Hand to God, I thought about talking some legitimate football over the last year or so with you all, but the couple times I tried I realized I couldn't do it without it reading like a smug or "rubbing it in" type of re-appearance.

Well...all you vets here, you new guys, maybe even some cool people I don't even know about yet, what's your thought on the upcoming season? Excited? Optimistic? Angry? Throwing trash on poor people who have been sucked into the abyss that is the Brown family?

Where you at? Let me hear it. Maybe express yourself by throwing in some gifs and vids for fun? Post a pair of fun bags. Dazzle me...
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It actually took me way longer than I care to admit to figure out how exactly to login on here. No less than 3 minutes at least on "Toast Jones" + different password combinations alone.  So, anyways...

How is everybody doing, here? Anything new, other than this franchise still being a dumpster fire of clown shoes and full blown AID's?

Hand to God, I thought about talking some legitimate football over the last year or so with you all, but the couple times I tried I realized I couldn't do it without it reading like a smug or "rubbing it in" type of re-appearance.

Well...all you vets here, you new guys, maybe even some cool people I don't even know about yet, what's your thought on the upcoming season? Excited? Optimistic? Angry? Throwing trash on poor people who have been sucked into the abyss that is the Brown family?

Where you at?  Let me hear it.  Maybe express yourself by throwing in some gifs and vids for fun? Post a pair of fun bags.  Dazzle me...

This will likely not dazzle you, but I now include myself in the group of fans that sees little to no hope or optimism in this club.  When they re-signed the incredibly conservative Marvin Lewis, they lost me.  I had hopes of a guy like Pederson that was imaginative, creative, aggressive...all the things I love about certain coaches and gameplans.  

But, we got Marv. 

While some of the faces have changed (Alexander finally gone, Austin as DC, etc), I just see very little reason for optimism with a guy that STILL hasn't figured out how to run a two minute drill.  

When I watched Jax beat up on pitt (that was a good day) early and get out to a 21 point lead, all I could do was picture the bunker of conservatism that Marv would hide in with such a lead.  Then I realized, he probably wouldn't have even been able to get a 21 point lead and would just go conservative with a 7 point lead...in the first quarter.

The same turds (Bodine, Hopkins, Ced O, Lafell) keep getting rolled out there despite being some of the worst in NFL history.  But they are real pros, according to Marv.  We see guys like Westerman and Redmond rot on the bench only to look a thousand times better than the starters when given a chance afforded to them only our of injury necessity.

I gave up my tickets.  It was more a function of my father's knee issues than just the performance...but Marv being back sure made it easy.

They are still my team.  I still love the draft, but I really see little to no hope for this team.  I will just enjoy the process of the draft and watch the games from home from now on.  

This is me no longer:

via GIPHY

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I, for one, hope to see you around more.

As for the Bengals franchise, well, ah, err, ... nothing has changed really.

Mike Brown is still the failure he's always been and he hasn't kicked the bucket yet. So, in general, expect him to f- up things here and there just to let everyone know he's still around.

Marvin Lewis did a worse than usual job in 2017. People were hoping for a new coach. Mike Brown gave them Marvin once again with a new two year deal.

John Ross was a disappointing draft pick. Some fans blame Marvin Lewis because Marvin didn't want to draft him the oft injured one year wonder, but in fact, Ross wasn't able to get it done in practice so he was inactive for most games.

Willie Jackson is going to be a star.

We'll suck in free agency once again and Mikey boy will sign whatever scraps other teams toss out that he can find.

Reply/Quote
Funny, you and Pistons would've cuddled up together to death for the last few months of '17, with the negativity you guys spread...

You're always a good poster, Toast, but there's a way to be critical without being completely negative and turning people off; that's how this place was from November until playoffs.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This will likely not dazzle you, but I now include myself in the group of fans that sees little to no hope or optimism in this club.  When they re-signed the incredibly conservative Marvin Lewis, they lost me.  I had hopes of a guy like Pederson that was imaginative, creative, aggressive...all the things I love about certain coaches and gameplans.  

But, we got Marv. 

While some of the faces have changed (Alexander finally gone, Austin as DC, etc), I just see very little reason for optimism with a guy that STILL hasn't figured out how to run a two minute drill.  

When I watched Jax beat up on pitt (that was a good day) early and get out to a 21 point lead, all I could do was picture the bunker of conservatism that Marv would hide in with such a lead.  Then I realized, he probably wouldn't have even been able to get a 21 point lead and would just go conservative with a 7 point lead...in the first quarter.

The same turds (Bodine, Hopkins, Ced O, Lafell) keep getting rolled out there despite being some of the worst in NFL history.  But they are real pros, according to Marv.  We see guys like Westerman and Redmond rot on the bench only to look a thousand times better than the starters when given a chance afforded to them only our of injury necessity.

I gave up my tickets.  It was more a function of my father's knee issues than just the performance...but Marv being back sure made it easy.

They are still my team.  I still love the draft, but I really see little to no hope for this team.  I will just enjoy the process of the draft and watch the games from home from now on.  

This is me no longer:

via GIPHY

It's a sad day when SHRacerx losses his hope. This dude has been a ray of sunshine for as long as I have been on here. Sadly, this is how I've felt for last few years now...The Pitt debacle sent me into more of a protect my emotions/lower my expectations mode. I have become pessimistic about this team. Still my favorite team, but I am starting to feel some sort of way about them. Hopefully one day it'll be worth it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, you and Pistons would've cuddled up together to death for the last few months of '17, with the negativity you guys spread...

You're always a good poster, Toast, but there's a way to be critical without being completely negative and turning people off; that's how this place was from November until playoffs.

I am not trying to be a Negative Nancy, Truck, but it is so damn frustrating to watch turds get playing time over and over again while the likes of Ross, Core, Malone, Redmond, Westerman, Willis, Lawson, etc rot on the bench.  That is my biggest complaint with Marv.   I will never understand it.  

Lazor was the only glimmer of hope as he changed blocking schemes and went with some different designs towards the end of the season, but it was too late.  Just good enough to win two late games and hurt their draft status.

In his defense, I can't imagine what it is like to have no offseason, and be thrown in as OC in week 3.  He deserves the shot he will get next year.  Marv didn't and that irritates the piss out of me.  The fact that there was no one else available and we stuck with Mediocre Marv is basically guaranteeing that this team will go nowhere for the next two years.  
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It actually took me way longer than I care to admit to figure out how exactly to login on here. No less than 3 minutes at least on "Toast Jones" + different password combinations alone.  So, anyways...

Where you at?  Let me hear it.  Maybe express yourself by throwing in some gifs and vids for fun? Post a pair of fun bags.  Dazzle me...

Welcome back. I like some others in the forum gave up my tickets. I am not optimistic which is a major change from the past. I am not going to become a negative Nancy like some blasting every move or non move made. But, like many very frustrated with the results the past few years when we were coming off hopeful years.

I will always be a fan and not jump to the Steeler's bandwagon or the newest great team. I hope I am wrong about 2018, but my guess is others who are not optimistic hope they are right so they can continue their rants and say "I told you guys" versus eating crow as some just can't take the taste.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Glad you're back Toast.  I've gone from cautiously optimistic, to damn near completely pessimistic.....even to the point of questioning my fandom.  Like, why bother?   Re-signing Merv really got under my crawl.  Some of my fellow Bengal fan friends have jumped ship.  I'm not talking casual fans either.....I'm talking guys that have been fans over 30 years.  Apathy is at an all time high.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Welcome back Toast

I like many others have very little to no hope for the upcoming season. We still have tickets for the M&M show and until that changes nothing else is truly going to change.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:20 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Funny, you and Pistons would've cuddled up together to death for the last few months of '17, with the negativity you guys spread...

Speaking of...where Pistons been? He's been MIA awhile now.
EDIT - Also, where's Royle been? He came back for a solid month or two then disappeared again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:24 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's a sad day when SHRacerx losses his hope. This dude has been a ray of sunshine for as long as I have been on here. Sadly, this is how I've felt for last few years now...The Pitt debacle sent me into more of a protect my emotions/lower my expectations mode. I have become pessimistic about this team. Still my favorite team, but I am starting to feel some sort of way about them. Hopefully one day it'll be worth it.

[Image: missy-elliott-work-it.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
As the season wrapped up, I was actually excited because I thought there was a real chance that Marvin would be gone. 

[Image: MiserablePotableErmine-max-1mb.gif]

Then - as it always does - Bengals reality kicked me in the nutsack as Mike brought Marvin back for 2 more years!

[Image: CreativeEagerIncatern-max-1mb.gif]
Reply/Quote
Great to hear from Toast.

In 2018 the Bengals will lose both games to the Steelers and won't win AFC North. If they luck out and get a wild card at 9-7, they will lose first playoff game.

Marv will then get a three year extension.

If they don't make playoffs, Marv will get a one year extension because it is damaging to have a lame duck coach and he deserves a lot of credit for being here 16 years.

No- nothing has changed and in fact it is worse.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is me no longer:

via GIPHY

Sums it all up.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 12:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: missy-elliott-work-it.gif]

It's your flippa nya nya c'mup.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Welcome back Toast. ThumbsUp

A quick summary of where I stand with the team:

1. I've been done with Marvin Lewis since the San Diego playoff loss.
2. I was beyond pissed that we did nothing to improve the line after 2016 (actually let it get worse).
3. I'm super stoked about Frank Pollack replacing Mike Brown's precious.
4. Retaining Marvin because he won a couple meaningless games (when Mike has 15 full years of evidence) was laughable.

5. I'm gearing up for another snoozer of an off-season, where the chairs (assistants) are shuffled, but the captain of the Titanic (Merv) remains the same.
6. I'm ready to laugh at the inevitable Hobspin article that magically whittles down our cap space. It's pure comedy gold. I'm sure there will be plenty of tire kicking with tier D free agents though. Should be exciting to see all the visits we line up in week 3 of free agency.
7. I'm hoping for line help in the draft, but deep down I expect us to take a corner or safety at 12.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 11:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Glad you're back Toast.  I've gone from cautiously optimistic, to damn near completely pessimistic.....even to the point of questioning my fandom.  Like, why bother?   Re-signing Merv really got under my crawl.  Some of my fellow Bengal fan friends have jumped ship.  I'm not talking casual fans either.....I'm talking guys that have been fans over 30 years.  Apathy is at an all time high.

Summed up my thoughts on this nut-sucking franchise perfectly.

Let's be honest, Mike Brown doesn't deserve a winner. He doesn't deserve a super bowl ring. He doesn't deserve anything but the distinction of being the worst owner in the history of professional sports. He deserves to reap what he sows.

The thought of Mike standing at the super bowl winners podium makes me sick. Of course, I'd love it for the players and us long suffering fans. But seeing Mike and his shit-eating grin hoisting the trophy? Screw that.

Oh well, I'm sure I don't have to worry about that ever happening  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's your flippa nya nya c'mup.

Can you translate into english?  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Welcome back Toast.  ThumbsUp

A quick summary of where I stand with the team:

1. I've been done with Marvin Lewis since the San Diego playoff loss.
2. I was beyond pissed that we did nothing to improve the line after 2016 (actually let it get worse).
3. I'm super stoked about Frank Pollack replacing Mike Brown's precious.
4. Retaining Marvin because he won a couple meaningless games (when Mike has 15 full years of evidence) was laughable.

5. I'm gearing up for another snoozer of an off-season, where the chairs (assistants) are shuffled, but the captain of the Titanic (Merv) remains the same.
6. I'm ready to laugh at the inevitable Hobspin article that magically whittles down our cap space. It's pure comedy gold. I'm sure there will be plenty of tire kicking with tier D free agents though. Should be exciting to see all the visits we line up in week 3 of free agency.
7. I'm hoping for line help in the draft, but deep down I expect us to take a corner or safety at 12.
Spot on, especially #5. Not going anywhere with dumbass in charge.
Reply/Quote
You can go ahead and read any of the threads on the front page forum to get an idea of how people are feeling towards this franchise.

To put it quite simply...

WE SUCK AGAIN!!!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote