Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before Everybody Jumps Ship
(09-24-2018, 03:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: I can handle the loss. It's the injuries that were devastating.

Reminiscent of the massacre in 2006?
And anyone who remembers the Detroit D knows, this D won't get much better. Detroit D couldn't stop our 2017 offense to make the playoffs. That should have told us everything we needed to know about Austin's scheme.

Marvin only succeeds with Coordinators that he brings in from the outside. Never when he brings in his friends.

Interesting to see how Hobspins the play of Nickerson whom we all know is starting because of Marvins relationship with his pops. What are they paying big money to V.Rey for again?

Lol, I get what you're saying on V.Rey, but I'm not sure watching Vinny run flat footed out there would have been any prettier.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 04:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol, I get what you're saying on V.Rey, but I'm not sure watching Vinny run flat footed out there would have been any prettier.

I'd take Vinny before I would Nickerson...
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 09:10 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: When we get Burfict, Brown, Price, and Mixon back...this is a different team.  Then everyone can get back on the ship.

Not jumping ship by any means yet. believe injuries to key players and suspension is the culprit. 

Still like our chances. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 03:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Screw that man...I'm jumpin!! I don't want to be on solid ground when the sky falls and crushes everyone. I wanna be in the water where it's safe!!!

It's only shoes that will be dropping.  At least according to another member in another thread.  You should be safe.   Ninja
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Really I haven’t heard a lot of ship jumpers. I have heard a lot of anger directed mostly at the defense and at Ross.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: It's only shoes that will be dropping.  At least according to another member in another thread.  You should be safe.   Ninja

Not when i don't have an umbrella. 

You ever been hit in the head with a shoe dropped from the sky?  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 05:22 PM)Joelist Wrote: Really I haven’t heard a lot of ship jumpers. I have heard a lot of anger directed mostly at the defense and at Ross.

This.

Fanbase had built up a lot of faith in the preseason and it was reinforced by a 2-0 start including a prime time victory over the Ravens.

So while the fans are upset by this loss, there are not a lot jumping ship yet.
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but I never even boarded the ship. This is still a ship with co-captains Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown so I never got my hopes up. I don’t know if Burfict can fix this or not. They are just soft on D again! I hope I’m shocked by a win in Atlanta this week but I can’t see the Falcons losing two in a row at home. This franchise just seems to disappoint its fans year after year.

Most of you will say you are not jumping ship but I guarantee that every one of you made sure you had your life jacket on before you boarded!
Reply/Quote
Meh im not upset over the loss, we played a good game against a good team in their house. Our linebackers are atrocious however, John Ross is still playing like a rookie, and Kirkpatrick is a liability.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jumping ship is an option? I always thought Bengal fandom was a lifetime sentence commitment.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 07:17 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Meh im not upset over the loss, we played a good game against a good team in their house. Our linebackers are atrocious however, John Ross is still playing like a rookie, and Kirkpatrick is a liability.

That's how I am, not upset over the loss all things considering. No AJ in the second half, D-line not applying pressure or front 7 stopping the run, DBs playing off. We still were in the game and had chances to pull it out. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2018, 04:06 AM)kevin Wrote: 1. The Panthers are a good team
2. The Panthers don't lose in Carolina
3. The Bengals maybe don't match up that well with Panthers college type offense.
4. The Bengals were in this game down one score up to the last minutes and that field goal.
5. The Bengals start 3 out of first 4 games on the road, so a loss somewhere was expected.
6. I think the 2018 Bengals are a team that gets better under new coaches as season goes along.
7. The Bengals will end week 3 in First Place in AFC North with tie breaker over Ravens.
8. I think Bengals match up better with pocket QB Ryan next week than Cam who can kill a pass rush.
9. Other AFC North teams will lose to Panthers
10. If you don't go 16-0, at least this loss is not AFC North or even AFC in wild card setback.

So Bengals didn't win, but there was NO QUIT. That may not mean Jack to some on here, but NO QUIT is very important part of any form of football from pee wee on up. The game was close up to the last minutes. When they stripped the ball from Cam late in game, had Bengals fell on the fumble near goal line, but they didn't. As I said before game on predictions thread, If I was a gambler I would have bet on Panthers, but I'm not a gambler and a Bengals Fan. I DO NOT see this as a team we should have beat easy, far from it.

Bengals are still in First Place. I'm rooting for Tampa to beat Steelers Monday Night. Then rooting for Bengals to get a tough road win in Atlanta. If Bengals win 1 of the 2 NFC South road games, and go 3-1 start in First Place, that's a good start.

11. Bengals will be getting Burfict & injured players back
12. Bengals still have 7 home games in THE JUNGLE due to 3 of first 4 games on the road.

NO QUIT. GO FIRST PLACE BENGALS.

Thank you for recapping.

Defense will be fine when the LB situation is resolved. That was the difference in NC.
Reply/Quote
Anybody who jumps ship after this loss deserves to be left to drown.
Reply/Quote