Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell takes shots at Mixon...
(10-30-2017, 03:47 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: HilariousPlease just stop it, Lets not destroy are very promising rook only 7 games into the season, that's counter productive to say the least. If Mixon wants to celebrate let him celebrate, If Mixon wants to talk shit and demand the ball when our genius Sarcasm  coaches surrendered to Pittsburgh half way through the game, Let the man do so and leave him alone. So what! he wants to imitate and be like one of the top backs in the NFL for the last 3 years, who the hell is he supposed to wanna imitate, Rudi Johnson, Bell is immature as crap, turned down deal of a lifetime for a RB. Message to Bell (classless a**) a lot of backs out of college want to be like you idiot, why? your on top of your game, take a compliment and move on. But you Bengal fans leave Mixon alone he is our future.

Well done.

Reply/Quote
I've always admired people who talk shit on the internet.

**** Leveon Bell and Twitter.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I get a little irritated with Mixon's celebration after every 1st down as well, especially when every other player is headed in to the huddle and Mixon is across the line of scrimmage doing whatever the hell it is he's doing. That said, it's his first year, and has no been used much, so I give him leeway to be excited. As far as being better than Bell, He could well be better than Bell, if he had a line in front of him. At least he's not running on two repaired knees....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:12 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: There will never be any kind of rivalry between Mixon and Bell. Why? Because this organization wont invest in the kind of offensive line that will allow Mixon to really be that good.

Well that and Bell will be on a different roster next season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Quick question for the mad folks:

If you have been among the best in your profession for a few years and a first year employee can in and told the public he could do a better job than you; would any of you challenge his assertion?

Bell is an idiot weedhead, but Joe put Bell's name in his mouth first.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:32 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Surprised no one mentioned his annoying  1st down celebration. I remember Hill getting roasted for celebrating TOUCHDOWNS. My oh my , how hypocritical we are.

And BELL is beast. Hands down. Fandom aside, he as proven to be top3 in the league. Like Hill in the past, Mixon needs to stop the celebrations and do what he was drafted to do.

Agree....and the first down bit is very annoying.  You're a rookie with a checkered past that has really done nothing.  Find some humility and just play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
With an OL like Mixon has, I'd be celebrating a first down as well. He's not getting a lot of help.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: With an OL like Mixon has, I'd be celebrating a first down as well. He's not getting a lot of help.

And by much I think you meant any.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: With an OL like Mixon has, I'd be celebrating a first down as well. He's not getting a lot of help.

Tommy Casanova was interviewed on the pregame yesterday, and summed my feelings up perfectly. He said he doesn't understand all the celebrations over touchdowns, interceptions, sacs, etc..... in other words, when you make a play. His feelings are "You're supposed to get a first down. You're supposed to sac the QB. You're suppose to run the ball into the end zone. Back when players were players, not preening divas.
Reply/Quote
Taking shots at a rookie RB with no o-line?

I bet Bell felt like a big man after that one. LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 11:55 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Taking shots at a rookie RB with no o-line?

I bet Bell felt like a big man after that one. LOL

Exactly what 'shots' did Bell take?  You forgot to mention that Mixon started this. It was Mixon that arbitrarily disrespected Bell by saying he would be better than Bell if they just gave him the ball.  So my question is..based on what??  Who's his PR person, Lavar Ball?  

Mixon is a rookie with great potential that may some day be better than Bell. But right now, Bell has a proven history and Mixon hasn't done squat. Mixon tries to copy Bell's running style, copies his on-field uniform appearance, even copies Bells annoying signature 1st down ball drop. (NFL Network morning show did a side by side comparison of it Monday morning. Made Mixon look silly). 

Is it any wonder that Bell would think Mixon's obsession with him is a little creepy? 

Mixon has great potential. Maybe I'm just old school. I'm all for self confidence, but I personally prefer he'd focus his energy on becoming the great NFL back he can be,  and otherwise, stfu. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep and we do not need our RB fawning over our arch enemies RB ever. 

Especially a steeler RB. 

In the game of life you can only fix what you control. Spot on - take control over your mouth and body and get to the line / huddle and execute.  Don't need the showboating after a mediocre play or dropping the mic after a first down.  PB was right - "act like you've been there before".
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 12:45 PM)BMK Wrote: Exactly what 'shots' did Bell take?  You forgot to mention that Mixon started this. It was Mixon that arbitrarily disrespected Bell by saying he would be better than Bell if they just gave him the ball.  So my question is..based on what??  Who's his PR person, Lavar Ball?  

Mixon is a rookie with great potential that may some day be better than Bell. But right now, Bell has a proven history and Mixon hasn't done squat. Mixon tries to copy Bell's running style, copies his on-field uniform appearance, even copies Bells annoying signature 1st down ball drop. (NFL Network morning show did a side by side comparison of it Monday morning. Made Mixon look silly). 

Is it any wonder that Bell would think Mixon's obsession with him is a little creepy? 

Mixon has great potential. Maybe I'm just old school. I'm all for self confidence, but I personally prefer he'd focus his energy on becoming the great NFL back he can be,  and otherwise, stfu. 

I dont know. Don't really care that much.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 06:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: What can they say though. It's not like the team can shut the Steelers up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/29/leveon-bell-it-seems-like-joe-mixon-wants-to-be-me/

No doubt Bell's a great player but man, every word that ever comes out of his mouth just screams utter dbag.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 01:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Mixon just needs to STFU and get back to the huddle.

(10-30-2017, 01:28 AM)Wyche Wrote: I mean....dude is like under 3ypc. STFU, do your job, and get back to the huddle. Not to mention....you have the whole history thing.  Not a good look 

In his defense, they keep huddling up 4 yards behind the LoS. He's always just a little short. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 02:48 PM)Benton Wrote: In his defense, they keep huddling up 4 yards behind the LoS. He's always just a little short. 

LMAO

Reply/Quote
Mixon should shut his trap. Given his history, I'm not encouraged by the lack of maturity. Let's hope he's not the next in a line of Bengals screw up, wannabe thugs.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
- To the people upset about the first down celebration and mentioning getting back to the huddle....

After a first down the rest of the team has to get to the huddle as well. Where Mixon goes down would be the new LOS. He's probably closer to the huddle than most of the team after a 1st down, right? Besides that, guys are on the ground picking themselves up, wrs are coming back from down field, etc. It's not wasting anyone's time in the huddle at all.

Celebrations, warranted, liked, or not are part of the NFL today. I would rather see the Bengals celebrating than sulking or jogging off the field because they DIDN'T get a first down.

- As far as Bell vs. Mixon. Who cares? This isn't a soap opera. Why would anyone with their own life care about what Laveon Bell and Joe Mixon are wearing? And, furthermore.... what they have to comment about what they are wearing. This isn't Project Runway.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:06 AM)PDub80 Wrote: - To the people upset about the first down celebration and mentioning getting back to the huddle....

After a first down the rest of the team has to get to the huddle as well. Where Mixon goes down would be the new LOS. He's probably closer to the huddle than most of the team after a 1st down, right? Besides that, guys are on the ground picking themselves up, wrs are coming back from down field, etc. It's not wasting anyone's time in the huddle at all.

Celebrations, warranted, liked, or not are part of the NFL today. I would rather see the Bengals celebrating than sulking or jogging off the field because they DIDN'T get a first down.

- As far as Bell vs. Mixon. Who cares? This isn't a soap opera. Why would anyone with their own life care about what Laveon Bell and Joe Mixon are wearing? And, furthermore.... what they have to comment about what they are wearing. This isn't Project Runway.

I'm fine with TD celebrations, in fact, I like them. A lot.  That being said, when you're averaging under 3 YPC, have character issues in your past, and you're a rookie.....I don't like the showboating on a 1st down.  That's just me.  A critical 1st down, or a huge run....yeah, not so much of an issue.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 10:06 AM)PDub80 Wrote: - To the people upset about the first down celebration and mentioning getting back to the huddle....

Watch again. He takes his celebration 10 or 15 yds downfield, often past the defense. He's the last one in the huddle on many of these occasions.
Reply/Quote