Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Carson might be an idiot
Or at least completely unaware of the words that come out of his mouth.

Quote:If you're ever the victim of a gunshot wound, surely you'd rather have a highly successful surgeon like Ben Carson working to save your life than a writer like me.

But when it comes to preventing bodies from being riddled with bullets in the first place, trust me when I say you don't want Carson anywhere near the policy-making apparatus of the United States.

SIDEBAR
Obama Obama Blames Us for the Oregon Shooting, and He's Right »
Carson took to Facebook Monday night to answer a question about whether the recent mass shooting in Roseburg, Oregon, changed his thoughts about the Second Amendment.

"There is no doubt that this senseless violence is breathtaking," Carson wrote, "but I never saw a body with bullet holes that was more devastating than taking the right to arm ourselves away."

Try, for just one moment, to put yourself into the mind of the man who wrote that. According to the same Facebook post, he's seen first-hand the devastation bullets can do to the human body. Imagine seeing those bodies, operating on them, sewing them up, watching some of them die – and then saying that taking away a gun is somehow more devastating than gun violence itself.

Every time we see a tragedy like Roseburg, we watch politicians like Carson twist themselves into pretzels of illogic to justify their near-religious worship of guns. Faced with multiple dead bodies and powerful calls for action, they argue – contrary to all available evidence – that restrictions on gun ownership would do nothing to prevent these mass murders. They'd rather throw up their hands and do nothing, except maybe put a few more guns out on the street to compound the deaths.

"The Left would prefer to use these tragedies to advance a political agenda," Carson wrote on Facebook – and he's not wrong. President Obama called on the American people to elect representatives who would finally take action on gun control legislation, after his calls for this Congress to do something fell on deaf ears.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/ben-carson-body-with-bullet-holes-preferable-to-gun-control-20151006#ixzz3o6sVxuhZ
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

And here is the FB post in case someone doesn't believe it or wants "context".

https://www.facebook.com/realbencarson/posts/537817656384705

[Image: 100915.jpg]

Even as someone who is against taking guns away I find that a moronic statement.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Get ready for some right-wingers to drone endlessly about how he can't be stupid because he operated on brains.
(10-09-2015, 08:01 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Get ready for some right-wingers to drone endlessly about how he can't be stupid because he operated on brains.

uuuhhhmmmm....

Never mind.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-09-2015, 08:01 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Get ready for some right-wingers to drone endlessly about how he can't be stupid because he operated on brains.
Are you arguing that stupid people can be neurosurgeons?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-09-2015, 11:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you arguing that stupid people can be neurosurgeons?

Well it's not Brain Surgery..........

Never mind. 

(10-09-2015, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well it's not Brain Surgery..........

Never mind. 

We have had a few right wing trolls. It's about time we have a lefty one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-09-2015, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well it's not Brain Surgery..........

Never mind. 

Ok, I chuckled. Good one, lol
Regarding the logical fallacy surrounding Ben Carson; Just because he submits to and acknowledges medical logic does not exempt him from his political ignorance.
I am an admitted liberal. Which is hard to find these days. Liberal is an evil word. But, I think most of us have a liberal side and a conservative side. I am not for taking guns away. I am with conservatives on this. I also think that a lot of liberals feel the same way. Most of my liberal friends are gun owners and/or are hunters. There is an exaggeration by some people on the right that paints liberals into being anti-gun. And yes, there are those liberals that wanna take guns away and banish them forever. From my experience, it is really a minority.

Having said that, what Ben Carson said is shockingly dumb.
(10-09-2015, 11:48 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I am an admitted liberal. Which is hard to find these days. Liberal is an evil word. But, I think most of us have a liberal side and a conservative side. I am not for taking guns away. I am with conservatives on this. I also think that a lot of liberals feel the same way. Most of my liberal friends are gun owners and/or are hunters. There is an exaggeration by some people on the right that paints liberals into being anti-gun. And yes, there are those liberals that wanna take guns away and banish them forever. From my experience, it is really a minority.

Oddly enough, I break from the main stream conservatives on gun control. I have a gun(s), but they stay in my house and car. I see no reason to walk around packing; yet.

(10-09-2015, 11:39 PM)treee Wrote: Regarding the logical fallacy surrounding Ben Carson; Just because he submits to and acknowledges medical logic does not exempt him from his political ignorance.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Notice that bfine the educated and knowledgeable one was the first to arrive on the scene and embarrassingly miss this obvious point.
(10-10-2015, 12:01 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Notice that bfine the educated and knowledgeable one was the first to arrive on the scene and embarrassingly miss this obvious point.

uuuhhhmmm....you were "on the scene" before me, but I appreciate the shout out. 

(10-09-2015, 11:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you arguing that stupid people can be neurosurgeons?

I'm saying what I said. And by the looks of it, my prediction was roughly accurate.
(10-10-2015, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: uuuhhhmmm....you were "on the scene" before me, but I appreciate the shout out. 

Quote:Notice that bfine the educated and knowledgeable one was the first to arrive on the scene and embarrassingly miss this obvious point.

You forgot about the bold part of the sentence you were responding to. uuuhhhmmmmmm.

Reading comprehension fail. Again.
I don't think he's dumb, at all. But he's lacking in political savvy to take strong positions without offending those who are opposed. He's trying to take a hardline stance on constitutional freedoms, and stumbling and bumbling trying to link personal experiences as a foundation for his views.

Carson doesn't strike me as a person who would really have strong feelings about guns one way or the other. This is purely pandering to align with the values of a significant voting bloc (mainly the NRA).

Some might argue his experience as a surgeon should make him anti-gun, but I think it's just as likely to have a view that some people are simply animals after seeing what knives, bats and even fists can do.
(10-09-2015, 11:48 PM)CharvelPlaya Wrote: I am an admitted liberal. Which is hard to find these days. Liberal is an evil word. But, I think most of us have a liberal side and a conservative side. I am not for taking guns away. I am with conservatives on this. I also think that a lot of liberals feel the same way. Most of my liberal friends are gun owners and/or are hunters. There is an exaggeration by some people on the right that paints liberals into being anti-gun. And yes, there are those liberals that wanna take guns away and banish them forever. From my experience, it is really a minority.

That's like the Muslim/terrorist relationship... not all liberals are anti gun, but all anti gun people are liberals.

Well it doesn't take a brain surgeon to fig... Oh wait.  Never mind.
Am I really going to start a serious conversation about the intelligence of a brain surgeon with an Internet board troll who seems to fall on the wrong side of just about everything?  Moving on...
[Image: d1id.png]
(10-10-2015, 02:12 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think he's dumb, at all. But he's lacking in political savvy to take strong positions without offending those who are opposed. He's trying to take a hardline stance on constitutional freedoms, and stumbling and bumbling trying to link personal experiences as a foundation for his views.

Carson doesn't strike me as a person who would really have strong feelings about guns one way or the other. This is purely pandering to align with the values of a significant voting bloc (mainly the NRA).

Some might argue his experience as a surgeon should make him anti-gun, but I think it's just as likely to have a view that some people are simply animals after seeing what knives, bats and even fists can do.

This is my take. He's definitely stepping in it. I mean, first headline I saw this morning was "Ben Carson: Jewish group talking 'foolishness' on Holocaust."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-10-2015, 06:34 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This is my take. He's definitely stepping in it. I mean, first headline I saw this morning was "Ben Carson: Jewish group talking 'foolishness' on Holocaust."

Yeah, in a way this is maybe to be expected when you have an honest, intelligent guy trying to navigate political waters.  Contrast that with Trump who is clearly a practiced, sincere liar.  If Carson adopted the "I don't give a shit" attitude and just spoke his real beliefs then he might be a much more viable candidate.

As it stands, we have one guy who may be a real idiot and another who's trying to be relatable by imitating an idiot....eventually it will all shake out to a choice between the failed CEO and the right's version of a savior in Marco Rubio.
(10-10-2015, 03:39 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Well it doesn't take a brain surgeon to fig... Oh wait.  Never mind.

Yep.

That makes three of you now who clearly planned to come to this thread and do exactly what I predicted in the post you quoted, rather than deal with the fact that every single one of this nutcase's political "positions" are horrifyingly dumb.