Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Roethlisberger on COVID list
(11-12-2020, 08:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As good as Burrow has played it shows we need more than Burrow to win right now or we would not have just 2 wins.  We still are only 20th in scoring so room for improvement for sure. 

Good point but their are exceptions. Your point would be valid if this was Burrows 3rd year, not first. He's done amazing things as a rookie, as well as others on the team. No preseason and 1st year in the NFL tells me that Burrow and the others are learning at a quick rate. So, if they do beat the Steelers, (which I think they can) then you might have a truly great team on your hands, as much as many would hate to admit it. After beating Tennessee, the a win over Steelers? Meh, this may be our corner we've been waiting to turn for several years that's yet to be seen.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 08:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good point but their are exceptions. Your point would be valid if this was Burrows 3rd year, not first. He's done amazing things as a rookie, as well as others on the team. No preseason and 1st year in the NFL tells me that Burrow and the others are learning at a quick rate. So, if they do beat the Steelers, (which I think they can) then you might have a truly great team on your hands, as much as many would hate to admit it. After beating Tennessee, the a win over Steelers? Meh, this may be our corner we've been waiting to turn for several years that's yet to be seen.
Exceptions yes but translating into wins No. the NFL is seeing a uptick in offense now.. we are putting up more points 24 but still only 20th in the NFL.. Burrow and Herbert have record years as rookies., throwing the ball a ton each game. Tua goes crazy past week.. Murray is lighting it up as a 2nd year QB.. The question starts to become is it the QBs that are that good or have the rules given them a uneven playing field ?  I think a bit of both.. this year looks like a great year for rookies QBs but the rules have also put them in a much better position than a decade or more ago. 
 totally love a win this weekend but will take a team effort not just a strong performance by Burrow though if we can go perfect with TDs in the red zone we have a shot... you won;t be beating Ben with FGS...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 05:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: More like glory hole  LMAO
Now that is just straight up f'n funny...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
It's getting pretty crazy Covid-wise.

Seeing more and more cases come out in the NFL. The numbers in WI keep climbing, as well as around the states.

I'm starting to wonder if things will get bad enough that they delay the season or something.

Maybe not this week... but if numbers keep rising, and there are teams struggling to field a team..

I guess we'll see.

I'm grateful to get to watch this Sunday though. All we have is the present.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:47 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: It's getting pretty crazy Covid-wise.

Seeing more and more cases come out in the NFL. The numbers in WI keep climbing, as well as around the states.

I'm starting to wonder if things will get bad enough that they delay the season or something.

Maybe not this week... but if numbers keep rising, and there are teams struggling to field a team..

I guess we'll see.

I'm grateful to get to watch this Sunday though. All we have is the present.
I have not seen any team struggle to field a team.. sure a big player could go down but they have a large roster to overcome it.. but with cases rising you could see it or shorten season and start playoffs early
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2020, 08:37 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: As good as Burrow has played it shows we need more than Burrow to win right now or we would not have just 2 wins.  We still are only 20th in scoring so room for improvement for sure. 

Of course, just seeing him getting better as the season goes on is encouraging.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have not seen any team struggle to field a team.. sure a big player could go down but they have a large roster to overcome it.. but with cases rising you could see it or shorten season and start playoffs early

Not yet. That's my point. With the current trajectory I wouldn't be surprised to see it start to become a reality that an entire team gets wiped out. The safe-guards seem to be helping though. But if suddenly we have teams that struggle to field teams, it could be a big problem.

Glad to have football. Hope it lasts.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious thread. He will play, we all know he will. Same old song and dance.

Exactly. and they will play it as, it was a last minute thing. when he throws a TD pass i can already hear the announcers. " he shouldn't even be playing because of covid! what a leader!"
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 05:39 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Not yet. That's my point. With the current trajectory I wouldn't be surprised to see it start to become a reality that an entire team gets wiped out. The safe-guards seem to be helping though. But if suddenly we have teams that struggle to field teams, it could be a big problem.

Glad to have football. Hope it lasts.

It's good to be concerned, but at some point it crosses a line into hysteria.   Mellow

It's not like it's a brand new phenomenon, there are proven, effective treatments in use, and a vaccine on the verge of roll out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's good to be concerned, but at some point it crosses a line into hysteria.   Mellow

It's not like it's a brand new phenomenon, there are proven, effective treatments in use, and a vaccine on the verge of roll out.

I haven't been too concerned throughout the course of this pandemic. I've continued to work and tried to minimize my risks. 

However, numbers have been shooting up in a matter of weeks. I'm just being realistic. Football isn't a neccessity, but it could be at risk if things don't level off a bit.

I definitely wouldn't say I'm worried at this point. I've got the winter off now that our work season is up. I had a really good year. Hoping for a vaccine this winter.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 07:15 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I haven't been too concerned throughout the course of this pandemic. I've continued to work and tried to minimize my risks. 

However, numbers have been shooting up in a matter of weeks. I'm just being realistic. Football isn't a neccessity, but it could be at risk if things don't level off a bit.

I definitely wouldn't say I'm worried at this point. I've got the winter off now that our work season is up. I had a really good year. Hoping for a vaccine this winter.

Seasonal work is nice, but I work an essential job.  I'm a surveyor for an Engineering firm, sites need developed no matter what's going on.  We also take our precautions, weather in the office or in the field.  My point is that nobody in our firm has missed a single day due to Covid.  I'm not saying that we're better or smarter, or anything of the sort.  However, athletes that make big money for playing a game could definitely take care of themselves well enough to avoid contracting Covid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if regular folks can adapt and learn to deal with Covid, one would certainly think it possible for well paid athlets, who perform in a coddled environment can learn to do the same.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course, just seeing him getting better as the season goes on is encouraging.

Steelers def will be a good test where he is midway point and since last really good defense Balt. Did s number on Burrow.. looking like a tough start for him vs. AFC though facing 0-4
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 06:37 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Exactly. and they will play it as, it was a last minute thing. when he throws a TD pass i can already hear the announcers. " he shouldn't even be playing because of covid! what a leader!"

You know it Zygrot.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seasonal work is nice, but I work an essential job.  I'm a surveyor for an Engineering firm, sites need developed no matter what's going on.  We also take our precautions, weather in the office or in the field.  My point is that nobody in our firm has missed a single day due to Covid.  I'm not saying that we're better or smarter, or anything of the sort.  However, athletes that make big money for playing a game could definitely take care of themselves well enough to avoid contracting Covid.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if regular folks can adapt and learn to deal with Covid, one would certainly think it possible for well paid athlets, who perform in a coddled environment can learn to do the same.

They are doing well IMO.

One thing I must point out about all this Chinese virus stuff is that Utah wears masks religiously and they are spiking like crazy.

You keep on touching your face and putting on and taking off a mask it spreads snot all over the place.

The mask thing in my opinion is a control tactic and not a prevent from what I have seen.

Not being political either, just what I have come to believe while watching all of this unfold.

Masked people get it even more from what I have seen.

I already had it pretty sure and have the anti-bodies and am immune with O+ blood. Don't believe in the masks man.

(11-13-2020, 09:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Steelers def will be a good test where he is midway point and since last really good defense Balt. Did s number on Burrow.. looking like a tough start for him vs. AFC though facing 0-4

True, biggest test of the season no question.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seasonal work is nice, but I work an essential job.  I'm a surveyor for an Engineering firm, sites need developed no matter what's going on.  We also take our precautions, weather in the office or in the field.  My point is that nobody in our firm has missed a single day due to Covid.  I'm not saying that we're better or smarter, or anything of the sort.  However, athletes that make big money for playing a game could definitely take care of themselves well enough to avoid contracting Covid.

Im a Landscape Designer. I make all my money in 9 months and then basically get 3 off. As far as covid, it hasnt been an issue for us. We had to hold a few guys away from work to get tested at various points throughout the season, but no big deal.

Our season ending is timed great from a covid standpoint because the numbers of cases have skyrocketed in our area in recent weeks. For most of the year the numbers have been low. Hoping things calm down before next year.
Reply/Quote
Drama Queen Ben was activated and will play against Bengals, just made an announcement.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 01:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Drama Queen Ben was activated and will play against Bengals, just made an announcement.

He'll probably walk out in a body cast and break out of it to the rocky theme. He's such an.............
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 01:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: Drama Queen Ben was activated and will play against Bengals, just made an announcement.

Sweet Lou and dem boyz are gonna make him wish he WAS out with the Rona tomorrow!!!!

Who am I kidding? It felt good to say it though.

All jokes aside; it is nice that nobody who has come down with the disease has had any serious complications... I kinda worried that a lineman or two might have a hard time with it like Tony Boselli did last spring.

Also... **** you Ben.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 01:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He'll probably walk out in a body cast and break out of it to the rocky theme. He's such an.............

4 quarters of listening to the broadcast team salivate over Ben... All we will hear is how he overcame his knee injuries and no practice to be on the field and blah blah blah... 

Sickening 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2020, 01:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: 4 quarters of listening to the broadcast team salivate over Ben... All we will hear is how he overcame his knee injuries and no practice to be on the field and blah blah blah... 

Sickening 

Yes, it is sickening. Cris Collinsworth was singing his praises so heavily during one game I wondered if he was gonna invite him up to the booth afterward for a hummer.
Reply/Quote