Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bench AJ start Ross
Is he old AJ? No. Is Ross better? No. All five are considered better than Ross. Green does not get deactivated for him. He can't beat out Thomas for playing time.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:22 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That man is gone. But 80.% AJ is better than most.

1 reception for 3 yards isn't better than most. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 1 reception for 3 yards isn't better than most. 

Probably better than Ross though.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:09 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AJ still has value as a #3. Treat Higgins as #1, keep depending on Boyd and things will open up for AJ. He hasn’t seen his last days quite yet.

Yeah, that's what I'd do.  Expectations have to be lowered at this point, but I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bath water.  I think he can still be of some use.  
Reply/Quote
Its really tough to see a WR of Greens calibur struggling like he is. No matter how things play out I'll always consider him one of the GOAT.
Reply/Quote
Gotta disagree here. Its not that I dont think AJ isn't looking like the AJ of old, it's that I am done with Ross here. If anything and I personally would like to see it, give Thomas those snaps instead of Ross.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'm on board with this. Aj is done..
Reply/Quote
AJ will show up next week in Baltimore. He is Harbaugh’s kryptonite.
Reply/Quote
If AJ’s wrist is hurting... There might be a valid reason to do this.

Right now Ross could create separation. AJ can’t.

But then we get to watch Ross drop wide open passes.

But I wonder if this would change defenses enough to keep our run game productive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
AJ is washed. Truth hurts sometimes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: AJ is washed. Truth hurts sometimes.

Why the hell wasn't that determined before tagging him? Were they not able to at least work him out and see him run?

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell wasn't that determined before tagging him? Were they not able to at least work him out and see him run?

He would have had to agree to do it, which he wasn't going to.  Not to mention the fan base would have pitched a fit if they let him walk and they probably didn't want that kind of negativity with Burrow coming in.  Hell, most of the fan base and wanted him signed to a multi-year deal after last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: He would have had to agree to do it, which he wasn't going to.  Not to mention the fan base would have pitched a fit if they let him walk and they probably didn't want that kind of negativity with Burrow coming in.  Hell, most of the fan base and wanted him signed to a multi-year deal after last year.

Sure wish I could sign a million or so contract without working out.  Maybe the NFL needs to fix how they do sh**.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:03 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Did I really just say that ?

Seriously as bad as I hate it, I think AJ is done. Yes I know he had a DPI or two on his plays today but it's not just those plays. He's lost a step and a half and just can't get back in the saddle.

I understand the desire to give less reps to AJ. I don't understand why Ross would be considered an improved alternative to AJ.

Thomas and Tate are both having a better year than Ross. Both caught 100% of their targets today, even though it was only 1 each. Mike Thomas has caught 9 of 10 targets this year. Tate has caught 4 of 8 targets. Both are reliable, an adjective that cannot be assigned to Ross is any way, shape or form. Meanwhile, Ross caught 2 of 7 targets on the year.

Ross is the #6 WR, thus he's inactive. AJ may very well be done and if he's "benched" he does't fall to #6, in my eyes.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that both Bernard and Mixon would make for a better WR than Ross. Both these two have good hands and run good routes.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ is one of my all-time favorites, but man, the fact that he's got so little to show for the number of times he's been targeted is concerning. He's still looks kind of sluggish and out of sync to me, and he's missing passes that used to be catches.

Yep, it looks like he's playing at like 50% speed.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sadly I’m about 99% sure it’s not just rust at this point. He looks done.

I get that he’s probably lost a step (or two) but you would think he’d still be able to get open once in a awhile with good route running. But he has a DB draped all over him the entire game anymore.

I agree, he's not coming back.

And again I was kidding about starting Ross. The point is AJ is done.

Start/give Higgins, Thomas and Tate and Erickson more snaps.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:05 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Nah, offense has looked far better without Ross regardless. If anything, give Mike Thomas more snaps.

I'll go with your comment on this one. 

Green is no longer a deep threat but still can catch. Use him wisely and we will dominate. Higgins and Thomas will be shinning along soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell wasn't that determined before tagging him? Were they not able to at least work him out and see him run?

For the record I was one of the ones against tagging AJ from the beginning.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:15 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He does look bad now. But I suspect he’ll improve as the weeks pass.

This.  But he has 4 weeks of football over the past 2 years.  He's not going to get back to the form he had when he was a third or four year guy, but he can still contribute.

With that said, I stand by what I said in the Game Day thread.  He snaps should be limited to 3rd and 4th down multiple receiver sets, and in the red zone.
Reply/Quote
In the dreaded mock that year I took Julio over Aj....just saying.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote