Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengal Fans in Tampa were Great
Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

On the TV, you could hear the Bengals Fans loud during the game yelling Who Dey. The TV announcers had to mention it a few times. Now that is something I have heard with Steelers on the road, or Raiders, or Cowboys or the Browns of decades ago. Hearing fans in a far away stadium yelling Who Dey is not normal, but it was great to hear.

So the Bengals Fans that showed up LOUD in Tampa helped in this big win. Bengals got back in this game with Defense making turnovers and Bengals did have a 12th man on Defense in these LOUD Bengals fans. You could hear them on the TV, and again, the TV announcers had to mention them several times as they yelled Who Dey in Tampa.

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Lots of Bengals fans in Tampa this weekend. I was in town and not at the game, but saw Bengals gear everywhere around the city. A nice showing for sure!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I went to visit a buddy in St. Pete a couple of years ago, I was impressed with the number of fellow Bengal fans that I encountered.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of surprised that many people from the Cincinnati area would want to go to that nasty swamp.. Last time I enjoyed being in Florida I was 4.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm kind of surprised that many people from the Cincinnati area would want to go to that nasty swamp.. Last time I enjoyed being in Florida I was 4.. LOL

Hey now. They coastal areas as pretty nice. I quite like living here thank you very much.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 06:57 AM)kevin Wrote: Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey

On the TV, you could hear the Bengals Fans loud during the game yelling Who Dey.  The TV announcers had to mention it a few times.  Now that is something I have heard with Steelers on the road, or Raiders, or Cowboys or the Browns of decades ago.   Hearing fans in a far away stadium yelling Who Dey is not normal, but it was great to hear.  

So the Bengals Fans that showed up LOUD in Tampa helped in this big win.  Bengals got back in this game with Defense making turnovers and Bengals did have a 12th man on Defense in these LOUD Bengals fans.   You could hear them on the TV, and again, the TV announcers had to mention them several times as they yelled Who Dey in Tampa.

Tiger   Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

Let's be honest.  Florida (especially the gulf coast) is like 70% imports from Ohio.  But to take over that stadium just two years after they won a Super Bowl was something to behold.  It was SO LOUD that you could clearly hear it and Romo had to take Brady's ball sack out of his mouth and acknowledge it.  Pure heaven.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:29 AM)Earendil Wrote: Hey now. They coastal areas as pretty nice. I quite like living here thank you very much.  Tongue

It's fricking beautiful in the Sarasota, Bradenton, and Tampa area.

My sis lives in Lakewood Ranch.  I was going to try and retire down there in about 8 years, but the house she and her hubby built for $800K 2.5 years ago is now selling for $1.65 million.  So, I'm out.   Hilarious

HOWEVER, we realized that as much as they love it there, they hate July and August.  Just like we hate December and January in Ohio.  So, when I retire, my GF and I will live with them in those two winter months and they will live with us in those two summer months.  I am very close to them and we love hanging out.  My brother in law just retired and played golf EVERY DAY when they were up here late this summer when my mom was sick.   His cousin in Germantown is also retired so he was in heaven playing golf with him (they do little mini contests with friends and bet on their games).  Golf isn't my thing at all, but I love the idea that we can kind of have the best of both worlds without buying an additional home (which, I couldn't afford anyways).  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm kind of surprised that many people from the Cincinnati area would want to go to that nasty swamp.. Last time I enjoyed being in Florida I was 4.. LOL

I'd say it's not just fans from Cincy. The Bengals have become one of the most popular teams in the country. They have picked up loads of fans from coast to coast.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I read a comment from someone who attended the game that the place was "packed" with Bengals' fans.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote

We apparently have a lot of Bayou fans now with the LSU connections, how far is Louisiana area from Tampa Bay? Also just the general bandwagon base from going to a Super Bowl.

Hell we had quite a few fans in South Carolina just from the Chad Johnson antics era where we were like really good and fun to watch for a few seasons before it all crashed down.

I'm a part of the Georgia connection when we drafted Pollack and Thurman (Unfortunate duds, though for a while we kept drafting UGA guys which was nice).
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:29 AM)Earendil Wrote: Hey now. They coastal areas as pretty nice. I quite like living here thank you very much.  Tongue

Yep.  Great fishing.  Great food.  I got cousins in Clearwater and Grandma used to be in St Pete.  Crocs are kind of meh....but palm trees and bird wildlife is cool also.
Reply/Quote
It was great hearing our faithful chanting loud & proud in Tampa.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's fricking beautiful in the Sarasota, Bradenton, and Tampa area.

I'm two hours south of there in Cape Coral, right where the hurricane hit land this year. My stepmom lives in Sarasota and I would love to move there, but it's so dang expensive.

(12-19-2022, 12:39 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Yep.  Great fishing.  Great food.  I got cousins in Clearwater and Grandma used to be in St Pete.  Crocs are kind of meh....but palm trees and bird wildlife is cool also.

There are a lot of great places in Florida. It gets a lot of crap from people, but I really love it here.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let's be honest.  Florida (especially the gulf coast) is like 70% imports from Ohio.  But to take over that stadium just two years after they won a Super Bowl was something to behold.  It was SO LOUD that you could clearly hear it and Romo had to take Brady's ball sack out of his mouth and acknowledge it.  Pure heaven.  

So Accurate I reacted to your post with an emoji of Romo.

Reply/Quote

I haven't been in forever, but there are lots of great places.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

It's been a while, but I liked the Tampa/St Pete area the times I was there. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's fricking beautiful in the Sarasota, Bradenton, and Tampa area.

My sis lives in Lakewood Ranch.  I was going to try and retire down there in about 8 years, but the house she and her hubby built for $800K 2.5 years ago is now selling for $1.65 million.  So, I'm out.   Hilarious

HOWEVER, we realized that as much as they love it there, they hate July and August.  Just like we hate December and January in Ohio.  So, when I retire, my GF and I will live with them in those two winter months and they will live with us in those two summer months.  I am very close to them and we love hanging out.  My brother in law just retired and played golf EVERY DAY when they were up here late this summer when my mom was sick.   His cousin in Germantown is also retired so he was in heaven playing golf with him (they do little mini contests with friends and bet on their games).  Golf isn't my thing at all, but I love the idea that we can kind of have the best of both worlds without buying an additional home (which, I couldn't afford anyways).  

Yeah man, eff Florida in July and August, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: So Accurate I reacted to your post with an emoji of Romo.

What is Romo's problem?  What a tool.  He sounds Anit-Bengal during games.  I use to like the guy, not any longer.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: What is Romo's problem?  What a tool.  He sounds Anit-Bengal during games.  I use to like the guy, not any longer.

I'm not sure. I know when he first started on the broadcast I really liked his style. It seemed as if he was calling plays before they happened. Very knowledgeable and a little unprofessional which was pleasant from the norm. Once he made that saying, "Chase is on the case" during the KC game last year, I was thinking how stupid that sounded. Now he repeats it often. I've grown to dislike him some. I mean, he's not the worst but he's sliding down the list pretty fast. His growing unfavorable attitude towards the Bengals is noticeable. 

Reply/Quote
We went to the game and on the ride out of town was running in Benga fans at rest stops and restaurants all up and down I-75
Reply/Quote