Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal fans need to hope for two things
(11-06-2019, 01:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm a lifelong Buckeye, so I've followed Joe and even root for him somewhat. Ts, his main knock during his time at OSU was arm strength, and releasing the ball too late. I think he has definitely improved on both. 

We'll learn a lot about his ability this weekend. Bama's D will be a very good test to evaluate his presence in a hostile environment. He hasn't faced one yet this season.

He has tremendous athlete's to throw the ball to. In his interview with Urban he basically said he just has to get the ball out and let them make plays. Bama's pressure should give him significant problems.

I think Bama wins this game and I also think Joe comes back down to Earth with a couple of ints.

Auburn's defense really beat up his WRs and got Burrow out of the pocket but he still orchestrated a 4th quarter comeback. Knocked their Defense out of the top 20 lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:47 PM)Synric Wrote: Auburn's defense really beat up his WRs and got Burrow out of the pocket but he still orchestrated a 4th quarter comeback. Knocked their Defense out of the top 20 lol. 

No doubt he's having a great year. It's just always hard to tell if guys that have 1 great year are going to continue for several years or not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt he's having a great year. It's just always hard to tell if guys that have 1 great year are going to continue for several years or not.

This is a cop-out. Alot of college players you only get a year or 2 to really scout especially power 5 schools because they have guys in front of them.

Look at Alabama Left Tackle Alex Leatherwood. Alex was a 5 star recruit at tackle that was forced to play Right Guard in 2018 because Jonah Williams and Jedrick Willis were the tackles. He was one of the best guards in all of college football. Entering 2019 Leatherwood was considered a late second early 3rd round but because he has be outstanding at left tackle so far he is being mocked into the top 15 now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:19 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Personally I think Burrow is the guy as far as QB goes.  Not saying I want Cincy to take a QB just yet though.

They need so many things, a QB isn't going to fix the problems
Agree, but if you fix the problems first, you end up winning a 6-8 games.  Then it will cost you a lot to move up and get one of the top guys.
You take the QB this year if you are sitting at 1 or 2.  IMO, there are only 2 guys that I would be excited about - Burrow and Tua - in that order.  I'm not sold on the rest of them.
Reply/Quote
I wish for a new billionaire owner where football is big time hobby.

Who's dedicated to winning, in Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 06:58 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Best case scenario is the owner has a stroke. Cruel, but factual.

Then we would literally have a drooling idiot running the team.
Reply/Quote