Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal fans need to hope for two things
Need Finley to be amazing the rest of the season. In the draft we grab Chase Young in the first.
Reply/Quote
The best thing ever that could happen for this team,at this critical juncture,would be for Finley to really impress and show that he is the quarterback of the future without any doubt.That alone would go a long way in leading this team in the right direction.I like the possible future of the O line,with Williams and Jordan on the left side,Hopkins Center,Miller and a good first round pick right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We need the Dolphins to win a few games and we need one of the QBs in this years class to blow up before the draft to be a consensus #1 pick.

Miami needs a QB worse than any team in the league.  Miami also has 3 first round picks.  So they would have the best offer if they needed to trade up to get a QB.

I am thinking we will have the #1 pick, and we need a lot more than a QB.  QB is one of the most difficult positions to evaluate coming out of college, but it is also the most valuable position.  So it seems to me that more teams "reach" for a QB at the top of the draft than at other positions.  That means the QBs taken with the #1 overall pick are often over valued.

Only ONE quarterback taken #1 overall in the draft over the last 20 years has won a Super Bowl (Eli Manning).

Trading down for more picks would be ideal. However, this is Mike Brown we are talking about. He could have traded down before for a boat load of picks, but fell in love with one year wonder Akili Smith, and this doomed the franchise for several more years.

But, I think this year's top QB will come out of the gate saying he will not play for the Bengals. You can bet that Carson Palmer and numerous agents will be telling this QB that Mike Brown is poison and the Bengals' coaching staff is horrible.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The best thing ever that could happen for this team,at this critical juncture,would be for Finley to really impress and show that he is the quarterback of the future without any doubt.That alone would go a long way in leading this team in the right direction.I like the possible future of the O line,with Williams and Jordan on the left side,Hopkins Center,Miller and a good first round pick right tackle.

Finley, against Baltimore's defense? I'll be surprised if he makes it to the end of the game. Maybe AJ can break open the game, but realistically I'm not expecting more than 10 points from this offense and Baltimore is going to eat the clock with rushing, so the number of possessions for the Bengals offense is going to less than we expect.

I'd love nothing more than the Bengals to aggressively address the OL and LBer problems in this coming draft. However, they really don't seem to value these positions as much as us fans do.

Reply/Quote
Personally I think Burrow is the guy as far as QB goes. Not saying I want Cincy to take a QB just yet though.

They need so many things, a QB isn't going to fix the problems
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 08:14 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: Need Finley to be amazing the rest of the season. In the draft we grab Chase Young in the first.

Noodle-armed guys like Finley generally get exposed with extended play. The odds are stacked against Ryan. At absolute best he’s Chad Pennington. At worst we’re all catching the Lefevour...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:19 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Personally I think Burrow is the guy as far as QB goes.  Not saying I want Cincy to take a QB just yet though.

They need so many things, a QB isn't going to fix the problems

When rebuilding a Left Tackle and Franchise QB are probably really good places to start...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:26 PM)Synric Wrote: When rebuilding a Left Tackle and Franchise QB are probably really good places to start...

Hopefully there is two top rated qbs and some one wants the better of the two and will give us the help at the other positions of need.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:26 PM)Synric Wrote: When rebuilding a Left Tackle and Franchise QB are probably really good places to start...

Yes but the oline needs another tackle and a guard and retain Hopkins to have a chance at being good
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:50 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Yes but the oline needs another tackle and a guard and retain Hopkins to have a chance at being good

A middle linebacker who does not look lost in space would be a nice addition as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 12:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A middle linebacker who does not look lost in space would be a nice addition as well.

I hope they bench Brown and let Pratt take over. Like the QB position they need to see what they have in Pratt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We need the Dolphins to win a few games and we need one of the QBs in this years class to blow up before the draft to be a consensus #1 pick.

Miami needs a QB worse than any team in the league.  Miami also has 3 first round picks.  So they would have the best offer if they needed to trade up to get a QB.

I am thinking we will have the #1 pick, and we need a lot more than a QB.  QB is one of the most difficult positions to evaluate coming out of college, but it is also the most valuable position.  So it seems to me that more teams "reach" for a QB at the top of the draft than at other positions.  That means the QBs taken with the #1 overall pick are often over valued.

Only ONE quarterback taken #1 overall in the draft over the last 20 years has won a Super Bowl (Eli Manning).
I've already mentioned that the rumor is the Dolphins covet Fromm. They like his ability to read defense's and make changes at the line. Word is that BB likes Fromm as well. No, I don't have a link or any article to back up what I have said. Ts, that's the scuttlebutt coming from South Beach. Just relaying what I'm hearing down here.
They're hoping to get Young, a top LT, and land their QB, early. There's even talk of them trading back. 
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 10:41 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Sounds great to me but...

Would Mikey pull another Akili Smith and refuse a blockbuster trade

My thoughts exactly, or we will tip our hand. We need more than Miami to win. What is it something like 1/3 of the league has 2 wins or less. Heck we win one game we drop like 4 picks, and I think we will win a couple with Finley just because of the new found energy he will bring. Kinda like when Baker finally got the nod last year, you could just feel the energy and see both sides of the ball playing harder.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 12:29 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I've already mentioned that the rumor is the Dolphins covet Fromm. They like his ability to read defense's and make changes at the line. Word is that BB likes Fromm as well. No, I don't have a link or any article to back up what I have said. Ts, that's the scuttlebutt coming from South Beach. Just relaying what I'm hearing down here.
They're hoping to get Young, a top LT, and land their QB, early. There's even talk of them trading back. 

Wonder where you heard that Fromm :)
Reply/Quote

QB, edge rusher, T and CB are the top 4 positions, in that order. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The two things I’m hoping for are that we draft Joe Burrow and he’s an absolute stud, and that Taylor tuns our to be a really good coach, that just needs a better staff around him.

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:19 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Noodle-armed guys like Finley generally get exposed with extended play...

Where do you get that Finley is "noodle-armed?" 
His scouting report says his arm strength is adequate but not outstanding.
You don't even MAKE it to the NFL if you are "noodle-armed!"
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2019, 11:50 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Yes but the oline needs another tackle and a guard and retain Hopkins to have a chance at being good

I'd like to see them add some speed to WR in the mid to late rounds too. When Ross went out and with no AJ the WR core has been exposed with defensive backs aggressively covering the quick routes because the WRs dont scare them...

Joe Reed out of Virginia is a guy. Hes 6'1 215 and not only is he one of the best return guys in college football but he's stepping up as a WR. I hope he's at the Senior Bowl to see him up against some of the top DBs.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 01:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: QB, edge rusher, T and CB are the top 4 positions, in that order. 

Sorry if this wasn't clear. I meant, in general, these positions are top priority. Not that they're most important for the Bengals upcoming. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2019, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The two things I’m hoping for are that we draft Joe Burrow and he’s an absolute stud, and that Taylor tuns our to be a really good coach, that just needs a better staff around him.

I'm a lifelong Buckeye, so I've followed Joe and even root for him somewhat. Ts, his main knock during his time at OSU was arm strength, and releasing the ball too late. I think he has definitely improved on both. 

We'll learn a lot about his ability this weekend. Bama's D will be a very good test to evaluate his presence in a hostile environment. He hasn't faced one yet this season.

He has tremendous athlete's to throw the ball to. In his interview with Urban he basically said he just has to get the ball out and let them make plays. Bama's pressure should give him significant problems.

I think Bama wins this game and I also think Joe comes back down to Earth with a couple of ints.
Reply/Quote