Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal's team record for sacks
...is 13.5 held by none other than Carlos Dunlap.

Trey Hendrickson currently has 6.5. Sacks are extremely hard to come by in today's NFL, but it will be fun to watch Trey chase this record. Sam Hubbard currently has 4 sacks.

Trey Hendrickson also leads the league in "Bullshit no-calls on blatant holds" with 25, and is currently leading the team in hilarious use of the video board with one.

Other relevant stats in the AFC North:

Joe Burrow currently leads the AFC North in hits to the head not called with 5.

Baker Mayfield currently leads the AFC North in commercials with 289.

Ben Rothlisburger (Aka Piggy, Pig Ben, Bendarella) leads the AFC North with self-inflicted face-plants with one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1442229751314194433
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Other relevant stats in the AFC North:

Ben Rothlisburger (Aka Piggy, Pig Ben, Bendarella) leads the AFC North with self-inflicted face-plants with one.

Finally some stats I care about.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ...is 13.5 held by none other than Carlos Dunlap.

Trey Hendrickson currently has 6.5.  Sacks are extremely hard to come by in today's NFL, but it will be fun to watch Trey chase this record.  Sam Hubbard currently has 4 sacks.

Trey Hendrickson also leads the league in "Bullshit no-calls on blatant holds" with 25, and is currently leading the team in hilarious use of the video board with one.  

Other relevant stats in the AFC North:

Lamar currently holds the record of pants shitting at 5. 

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ben Rothlisburger (Aka Piggy, Pig Ben, Bendarella) leads the AFC North with self-inflicted face-plants with one.

Hilarious Love this lol

BTW, I just want to see Trey or Hubbard get the sack record before the last game. That way it is legit in 16 games. Think it happens
if they can stay healthy. If teams weren't holding him all the time Trey would have twice as many sacks right now and this is only 7 
games. Still have 10 to go, he will definitely beat Dunlap's record in 17 if he stays healthy, maybe even Sam might have a shot.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Lamar currently holds the record of pants shitting at 5. 

Cracked me up...But I think Piggy might have more....lots of sharts in those yellow pants.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 05:56 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Cracked me up...But I think Piggy might have more....lots of sharts in those yellow pants.  

I should have said in a single game.

Reply/Quote
Actually, the OFFICIAL record is held by Dunlap. However, Pro Football Reference and others have gone all the way back to 1960 and compiled sack totals. Now, one can certainly debate a half-sack here or there, but the record is 21.5 by Coy Bacon in 1976. Here is the actual list:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/7/14/22574891/nfl-unofficial-sacks-bengals-all-time-sack-leaders-coy-bacon-eddie-edwards
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 07:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Actually, the OFFICIAL record is held by Dunlap. However, Pro Football Reference and others have gone all the way back to 1960 and compiled sack totals. Now, one can certainly debate a half-sack here or there, but the record is 21.5 by Coy Bacon in 1976.  Here is the actual list:  

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/7/14/22574891/nfl-unofficial-sacks-bengals-all-time-sack-leaders-coy-bacon-eddie-edwards

That dude was a player and that will be hard to beat.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for whatever we can do to remove Carlos Dunlap from any Bengals record book.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm all for whatever we can do to remove Carlos Dunlap from any Bengals record book.

Guy was a great ambassador for the team, great in the community and a team leader.

His pulling the shit he did last year, in a 3 week span, doesn't negate that, especially since he left on great terms with the FO.

He'll be in the RoH one day, guaranteed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guy was a great ambassador for the team, great in the community and a team leader.

His pulling the shit he did last year, in a 3 week span, doesn't negate that, especially since he left on great terms with the FO.

Carlos left like a child; if the FO is still on good terms with Carlos; it's because they rook the high road not him.

Perhaps Carlos will be in a RoH one day. I just hope it's a couple years after Trey Hendrickson and the font is a little smaller Hilarious
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Guy was a great ambassador for the team, great in the community and a team leader.

For  me it does...
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos left like a child;

When a child is disrespected by incompetent bosses he bends over and says "Thank you Sir, may I please have another."

When a man who cares about winning is disrespected by incompetent bosses he does what he has to do to get out.
Reply/Quote

I don't know, man.  He went after a coach on the sideline after that Cleveland loss (where I think he was on the bench).  That is a pretty shitty thing to do.  

Then again, I thought Chad was dead and buried after the wife head-butting incident, but he has risen again so who knows.  
Reply/Quote
I just searched, for kicks and giggles, the most sacks a team had in a season and the Bears had 72 in 1984!

That's 4.5 a game average!

INSANE!!
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When a man who cares about winning is disrespected by incompetent bosses he does what he has to do to get out.

How’s that winning going for him? They have one of the worst defenses in NFL over there in Seattle. I haven’t paid much attention, but haven’t seen him blow his lid over there? Is he still starting because if he isn’t blowing his lid of there and is still starting, it just affirms that him acting that way over here had to do with not starting over winning.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 07:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Actually, the OFFICIAL record is held by Dunlap. However, Pro Football Reference and others have gone all the way back to 1960 and compiled sack totals. Now, one can certainly debate a half-sack here or there, but the record is 21.5 by Coy Bacon in 1976.  Here is the actual list:  

I hear ya, Old School.
Reply/Quote

He probably will one day, which is sad because he’s a douche canoe.

This team is much better off without asshats like him.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 10:58 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: How’s that winning going for him? 

He was in the playoffs last year.

Current Seattle defense may not be great but the coaches are not trying to blame all the problems on Dunlap and benching him behind inferior players.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: When a child is disrespected by incompetent bosses he bends over and says "Thank you Sir, may I please have another."

When a man who cares about winning is disrespected by incompetent bosses he does what he has to do to get out.

Dude, I normally agree with almost everything you say... you make good points... I even "get" your sarcasm.

But this defending of bad behavior isn't a good take.

None of us are inside the locker room, and you, yourself have argued that none of us here "know better" than NFL coaches.
So, your claim of Dunlap being "benched behind inferior players" is invalid, because how do you know (better than an NFL coach) that they're infierior?

Dunlap obviously wasn't doing what was asked of him by the coaches, so that makes him the "inferior" player by default.
Reply/Quote