Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal's team record for sacks
(10-27-2021, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was in the playoffs last year.

Current Seattle defense may not be great but the coaches are not trying to blame all the problems on Dunlap and benching him behind inferior players.

Maybe they should. He sucking it up there this year as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ...is 13.5 held by none other than Carlos Dunlap.

Trey Hendrickson currently has 6.5.  Sacks are extremely hard to come by in today's NFL, but it will be fun to watch Trey chase this record.  Sam Hubbard currently has 4 sacks.

Trey Hendrickson also leads the league in "Bullshit no-calls on blatant holds" with 25, and is currently leading the team in hilarious use of the video board with one.  

Other relevant stats in the AFC North:

Joe Burrow currently leads the AFC North in hits to the head not called with 5.

Baker Mayfield currently leads the AFC North in commercials with 289.

Ben Rothlisburger (Aka Piggy, Pig Ben, Bendarella) leads the AFC North with self-inflicted face-plants with one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1442229751314194433

now that its 17 games new Records will have a * next to it.  or old ones
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: now that its 17 games new Records will have a * next to it.  or old ones

So long as it gets broken by more than a half sack, it shouldn't.  14.5 in 17 games is a just slightly higher rate than 13.5 in 16 games.  14 sacks even would deserve an asterisk, though.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: ...is 13.5 held by none other than Carlos Dunlap.

Trey Hendrickson currently has 6.5.  Sacks are extremely hard to come by in today's NFL, but it will be fun to watch Trey chase this record.  Sam Hubbard currently has 4 sacks.

Trey Hendrickson also leads the league in "Bullshit no-calls on blatant holds" with 25, and is currently leading the team in hilarious use of the video board with one.  

Other relevant stats in the AFC North:

Joe Burrow currently leads the AFC North in hits to the head not called with 5.

Baker Mayfield currently leads the AFC North in commercials with 289.

Ben Rothlisburger (Aka Piggy, Pig Ben, Bendarella) leads the AFC North with self-inflicted face-plants with one.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1442229751314194433

Unfortunately Hendrickson has to play the Steelers twice a year so there's at least 10 of those right there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He was in the playoffs last year.

Current Seattle defense may not be great but the coaches are not trying to blame all the problems on Dunlap and benching him behind inferior players.

The Seahawks have played 7 games this year. Carlos has started 1. 

We benched him in favor of Carl Lawson. 

The dude has 0.5 sacks on a 2-5 team and I'm digging it; because he cried his way into it.

No one is Cincinnati blamed "all their problems" on Dunlap; that's just hyperbole used to try and support a contrarian position. They perhaps blamed him for his lack of production.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
FWIW, I looked back and found 4 nstances of Bengals 5eams averaging 3 or more sacks a game for an entire year.

1. 2012. 51 Sacks. Geno 12.5. Michael Johnson 11.5. Gilberry 6.5. Dunlap 6.0.

2. 1973. 43 sacks (14 games). Mike Reid 13.0. Ron Carpenter 10.0. Sherman White 7.5.

3. 1976. 43 sacks (14 games). Coy Bacon 21.5. Gary Burley 9.5. Carpenter 7.5.

4. 2001. 48 sacks. Reinard Wilson 9.0. Justin Smith 8.5. Brian Simmons 6.5. Takeo Spikes 6.0. Tony Williams 5.0.

I could have missed one.

We have 19 thru 7 games now. I firmly believe if Ossai were healthy, we'd easily be in 3 sacks per game territory. Heck, perhaps if Kareem were healthy.

I still think we could get there anyway, with Kareem getting close & the offense clicking. If we can get some leads and teams are in obvious passing downs more, we can tee off. Need 5 next week to get to 24 thru 8 vs NYJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:22 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Maybe they should. He sucking it up there this year as well.

Fred doesn't know what he's talking about. Carlos is not a regular starter in Seattle. They know what he is at this point in his career, just as we knew what he was last year. The only people who apparently don't know it is Carlos and Fred. 

WTS, I'll see myself out on the Dunlap debate. Go Trey hit 20.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, the D was ravaged by injuries last year (Reader, Waynes, Geno, Wren, Tupou sat out, Hubbard missed a lot). Plus losing Dunlap mid year. Especially the D line. The combination of getting some of those guys back (Reader & Tupou & Hubbard healthy). Getting replacements for Dunlap & Geno (Hendrickson & Ogunjobi). Stealing BJ Hill for Price. Sample has been a stable rotation guy. Heck it should be better is Ossai & Kareem were playing.

But that front has been stout vs the run and consistently getting pressure with 4 (or even 3). Wilson & Pratt & ADG (& Evans pre-injury) all look tons better behind a healthy Reader/Ogunjobi/Tupou/Hill interior. Bell & Bates are rock solid at safety, ditto Hilton in the slot. Apple has been real good after a rocky start and Awuzie an absolute hime run. A healthy Waynes would presumably boost the unit.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: now that its 17 games new Records will have a * next to it.  or old ones

The NFL didn't do that when they went from 14 games to 16 games, so they won't do it when going from 16 to 17.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred doesn't know what he's talking about. Carlos is not a regular starter in Seattle. They know what he is at this point in his career, just as we knew what he was last year. The only people who apparently don't know it is Carlos and Fred. 

WTS, I'll see myself out on the Dunlap debate. Go Trey hit 20.

I am looking forward to Dunlap and WJIII watching from their couches as the Bengals advance through the playoffs without them. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The NFL didn't do that when they went from 14 games to 16 games, so they won't do it when going from 16 to 17.

I just like to compare apples to apples.....  Will have to break down to sacks per game rate... 
Reply/Quote