Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals “terrified” they’ll get in trouble over plan to hire Zac Taylor
Word emerged on Thursday that the Bengals plan to hire Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor when the L.A. season ends. And the Bengals will now be sweating bullets until the L.A. season ends.

Per a league source, the Bengals currently are “terrified” that the league will investigate whether they violated the constantly-violated rules regarding the making of offers to head-coaching candidates before offers can be made.

That’s how the league often enforces the rules. Sure, plenty of teams break the rules. But that never stops the league from investigating whether one specific team in one specific situation broke the rule, imposing discipline on that specific team for breaking the rule, and ignoring the widely-known reality that others have routinely broken the rules.

Last year, everyone knew that the Colts had offered the head-coaching job to Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and that McDaniels had accepted. But it couldn’t be official or formal until the Patriots’ season ended, and then the Patriots talked McDaniels (who already was having misgivings) out of going.

The thinking is that other candidates were informed that Taylor is the choice, and that Taylor has informed colleagues that he is the choice. If that’s true, the line may have been crossed, and the electronic paper trial would easily prove it.

So, yes, the Bengals are now worried that the league will come down on them. Even though the league has always looked the other way regarding every instance where that rule was being violated — and where everyone knew it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/11/bengals-terrified-theyll-get-in-trouble-over-plan-to-hire-zac-taylor/
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Word emerged on Thursday that the Bengals plan to hire Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor when the L.A. season ends. And the Bengals will now be sweating bullets until the L.A. season ends.

Per a league source, the Bengals currently are “terrified” that the league will investigate whether they violated the constantly-violated rules regarding the making of offers to head-coaching candidates before offers can be made.

That’s how the league often enforces the rules. Sure, plenty of teams break the rules. But that never stops the league from investigating whether one specific team in one specific situation broke the rule, imposing discipline on that specific team for breaking the rule, and ignoring the widely-known reality that others have routinely broken the rules.

Last year, everyone knew that the Colts had offered the head-coaching job to Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and that McDaniels had accepted. But it couldn’t be official or formal until the Patriots’ season ended, and then the Patriots talked McDaniels (who already was having misgivings) out of going.

The thinking is that other candidates were informed that Taylor is the choice, and that Taylor has informed colleagues that he is the choice. If that’s true, the line may have been crossed, and the electronic paper trial would easily prove it.

So, yes, the Bengals are now worried that the league will come down on them. Even though the league has always looked the other way regarding every instance where that rule was being violated — and where everyone knew it.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/11/bengals-terrified-theyll-get-in-trouble-over-plan-to-hire-zac-taylor/

This seems like a Florio invention, hoping if he rides it hard enough, the league will step in.  We all know how much he loves our team.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Florio desperately trying to create drama where there is absolutely zero. 
Reply/Quote
Florio is an idiot.
Reply/Quote
PFT's second most idiotic post of the week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:12 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: Florio is an idiot.

And a Pittsburgh idiot to boot, which makes him a special kind of idiotic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
All PFT drama. No really worry is coming out of PBS. Just lies to create something out of nothing.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have NOT announced anything to the public. It is LITERALLY all heresy. And now you're telling me that there is heresy that the Bengals are "TERRIFIED"? Why in the world would anyone at PBS leak that garbage? Stupid. This is all Florio.

The only one related to the Bengals right now that would say something so stupid (who won't be part of the staff in '19) is.... You guessed it. The spiteful snake himself. Huey. Even with that said, this looks like Florio. And honestly nothing but Florio.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
Florio's fake news.
Reply/Quote
Must be a slow news day in football for this crap to be posted.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Lord.....I despise these alleged writers who report garbage just to get eyeballs....forget whether there is any basis or truth to it. This is one of those! Ignore!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Must be a slow news day in football for this crap to be posted.

It's just Stooler Florio stirring shit.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, this is just wishful thinking on Florio's part. He is a Pittsburgh fan so I take anything PFT posts about bengals with a grain of salt. Same way with Jason LaCanfora of cbsssports.com (he a Baltimore groupie).*
Reply/Quote
good grief
Reply/Quote
Based on how they treat Burfict, nothing would shock me.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Based on how they treat Burfict, nothing would shock me.

I've heard Burfict has already been fined for this. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've heard Burfict has already been fined for this. Mellow

They do have to come up with a new way to suspend him four games.  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've heard Burfict has already been fined for this. Mellow

With a 3 game suspension
Reply/Quote
This is stupid

1. Bengals are as tight lipped as any team when it comes to sharing anything.
2. I can say I made a decision for my HC and he is still coaching. That statement then leads to others trying to connect the dots of which person? That is not illegal.
3. Why would the Bengals tell the specific person they have hired.
4. And the biggest reason, to hire a coach you need a signed contract. Where is the signed contract? An offer is not a contractual obligation until fully implemented.

I call BS!!
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:52 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Yeah, this is just wishful thinking on Florio's part.  He is a Pittsburgh fan so I take anything PFT posts about bengals with a grain of salt.  Same way with Jason LaCanfora of cbsssports.com (he a Baltimore groupie).*

yeah the same guy that suggested we have co-head coaches in hue and joseph.
Reply/Quote