Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2-0 and all alone in First Place
WHO DEY WhoDey2 Tiger Who Dey Dancing Dancing Dancing Who Dey Tiger WhoDey2
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
By technicality we have the best Rice’s in the nfl and are doubling up the second best record
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Averaging 34 points a game, ripping turnovers, getting great contributions from the young guys and best of all

2-0. Who Dey. Anybody that wouldn't have taken this at the start of the season? Great start
Reply/Quote
Set this to record and got up early this morning to watch back before work...and i'm absolutely chuffed to bits.

The improvements are significant on both sides of the ball. The additions to the O-line looked to have helped massively. Credit to Bill Lazor for his work so far.

For me Baltimore will be up there come the end of the year, that is a huge win that sets us out as a definite play off challenger.

With Yorkshire winning the cricket vs Lancashire, Bengals defeating Baltimore, I now need a Town win vs Crystal Palace for the perfect sporting weekend :)
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
This evening the team announced that they're officially changing the name of the team from the Cincinnati Bengals to the Cincinnati 34 to 23's and the new uniforms will be patterned after Mike Brown's wifes old underwear.. Not coincental all of her underwear was patterned after Bengals uniforms to save money. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Aren't the Bengals the first team in NFL to average 34 points a game to start the season?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
2-0 The League just got put on Notice.....we are for Realsies! Remember when people said we would go 4-12? This team was able to overcome Marvin's horrible clock management and bad decisions to win the game....impressive indeed.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:21 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 2-0 The League just got put on Notice.....we are for Realsies! Remember when people said we would go 4-12? This team was able to overcome Marvin's horrible clock management and bad decisions to win the game....impressive indeed.

ESPN power ranking had us at like 27 or 29th best team to begin the year....OF course ESPN is fake news at it's finest so I took it with a grain of salt.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What are the chances that all the 1-0 teams playiing this weekend lose or tie? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 08:21 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: 2-0 The League just got put on Notice.....we are for Realsies! Remember when people said we would go 4-12? This team was able to overcome Marvin's horrible clock management and bad decisions to win the game....impressive indeed.

Why if it is bad it's Marvin's bad decisions??? Why the hate???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well,

Opening day against the Colts I saw Andy's beautiful TD pass to AJ and I am ecstatic they are 2-0 with 10 days to prepare for the Panthers. Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Wire to Wire !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 09:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: ESPN power ranking had us at like 27 or 29th best team to begin the year....OF course ESPN is fake news at it's finest so I took it with a grain of salt.

Lol, we didnt lose anyone significant and only improved on a team that ended up 7-9.. thats espn ability to do maths right there...
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 11:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What are the chances that all the 1-0 teams playiing this weekend lose or tie? Ninja

Looking at the Stealers schedule, they have the Chiefs this weekend, then the Buccaneers on MNF, then 6 days later the Ravens and then the Falcons. They could very well be 0-4-1, (the 1 being the Browns Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious ) going into the game against us...….
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:26 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Why if it is bad it's Marvin's bad decisions??? Why the hate???

True. If Lazor has complete control of play calling, it may have nothing to do with Marv at all. He may even have had a chat with Lazor about it since the game, pointing out the shortcomings of the situational awareness. 

Possibly...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looking at the Stealers schedule, they have the Chiefs this weekend, then the Buccaneers on MNF, then 6 days later the Ravens and then the Falcons. They could very well be 0-4-1, (the 1 being the Browns Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious ) going into the game against us...….

As fabulous as that sounds, there's no way it happens.

As a matter of fact, if that happens, i'll...

Wait. That never ends well. 

Just don't see it realistically happening though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It's still early. I don't buy into the hype just yet. Yes, 2-0 is a great start. There are 14 more games this season. I recall some teams have gone 4-0 only to lose most of the rest. I want the Bengals to focus 1 game at a time and not get ahead of themselves.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I wore my dicks sporting goods jersey during the Colts. When the Ravens game came on, it was in the bottom of the hamper. Ugh, I thought, well crap, gonna wear it anyway because well, I just had to, stinky or not. We played awesome. Its washed now and hanging ready for week 3. I'm wearing that thing until we lose. Then another superstition will take its place. HOWEVER, here's to us going 16-0 cause I really like the jersey.

Reply/Quote
Superstitions are real! I didn’t renew my season tickets this year after 32 years, but a good friend who had the 4 seats next to mine (I was on the aisle) moved his over to have seats 1-4 instead of 3-6. He had two open seats for the Ravens game, so my wife and I went with him. I sat down in seat 1 like always, but could tell he really wanted that seat. We both got up to get drinks when we were up 28-7 and he took the seat. I told him if we started playing bad, we’d switch back. When it got to be 28-23, I looked over from seat 4 and motioned to switch. The Bengals promptly moved down the filed and kicked a field goal to go up 8. I’m sure had we not switched, the Ravens would have scored to win the game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looking at the Stealers schedule, they have the Chiefs this weekend, then the Buccaneers on MNF, then 6 days later the Ravens and then the Falcons. They could very well be 0-4-1, (the 1 being the Browns Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious ) going into the game against us...….

And the 2nd half of the Steelers schedule is brutal, five road games. They have the Patriots, Chargers, Jags, Saints, Panthers, and of course us at the end.

They better hope there's basically all wins in the 6 games following their 0-1-1 start.
Reply/Quote