Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 2-0 and all alone in First Place
Colts beating Washington right now is just more evidence that this Bengals team is legit and our two wins were against quality opponents.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And the Stools drop to 0-1-1 Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I think that means we have a 2 game lead on everyone in the division.
Reply/Quote
And I think we're just playing average, only 2 games in of course but rest of the teams playing like junk too apparently.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And the Stools drop to 0-1-1  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

is there no better outcome when an AFC-N division opponents faces off against another AFC-N opponent, nobody comes out with a win, lmao
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 05:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: I think that means we have a 2 game lead on everyone in the division.

I think it’s 1 game over Baltimore (plus tie breaker) and 1.5 over Steelers and Browns.

Any way you shake it I will take it.
Reply/Quote
We have more wins than the other 3 AFCN teams combined
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have more wins than the other 3 AFCN teams combined

Ha....Nice
Reply/Quote
Bengals have more wins in 5 days than the Browns in over 500 days
Reply/Quote
Let’s be honest this is how Marvin’s tenure has flowed

I’m not surprised or getting too excited. Dude made playoffs for 8 straight years so it’s obvious he has something good in him

But can we show it is the question.

The next 5 weeks will tell us everything we need to know. It’s a harsh 5 week run. Chiefs and Falcons.

If we survive the next 5 weeks somehow coming out 7-2 I’ll have confidence then
Reply/Quote
Agreed man

(09-15-2018, 05:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As fabulous as that sounds, there's no way it happens.

As a matter of fact, if that happens, i'll...

Wait. That never ends well. 

Just don't see it realistically happening though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:29 PM)Housh Wrote: Let’s be honest this is how Marvin’s tenure has flowed

I’m not surprised or getting too excited. Dude made playoffs for 8 straight years so it’s obvious he has something good in him

The next 5 weeks will tell us everything we need to know. It’s a harsh 5 week run. Chiefs and Falcons.

If we survive the next 5 weeks somehow coming out 7-2 I’ll have confidence  then

Confidence that we're 1 and done in playoffs again? :)

I think it takes new blood to have new results, and maybe the young guys won't accept losing as well as the old blood seems to have.
Reply/Quote
superbowl baby! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 08:29 PM)Housh Wrote: Let’s be honest this is how Marvin’s tenure has flowed

If we survive the next 5 weeks somehow coming out 7-2 I’ll have confidence  then
7-2??? I say 6-3 would be great heading into the weaker part of our schedule
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2018, 10:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: 7-2??? I say 6-3 would be great heading into the weaker part of our schedule

I agree that 6-3 would be solid. But only if one of the 6 wins is against the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 07:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wore my dicks sporting goods jersey during the Colts. When the Ravens game came on, it was in the bottom of the hamper. Ugh, I thought, well crap, gonna wear it anyway because well, I just had to, stinky or not. We played awesome. Its washed now and hanging ready for week 3. I'm wearing that thing until we lose. Then another superstition will take its place. HOWEVER, here's to us going 16-0 cause I really like the jersey.
Harley dog I want you wearing it all the way to the super bowl!   Don't forget to rest it a week here or there (we probably won't go 19-0)
Reply/Quote

Marv hasn't even made the playoffs 8 times much less 8 straight lol. With Dalton he made 5 in a row though.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 05:44 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: It's still early. I don't buy into the hype just yet. Yes, 2-0 is a great start. There are 14 more games this season. I recall some teams have gone 4-0 only to lose most of the rest. I want the Bengals to focus 1 game at a time and not get ahead of themselves.
Same here, and everyone is acting like Mixon's not hurt.  He played a BIG part in winning both of the first two games and who knows if our offense will still be clicking as well without him.  He'd play a big part in controlling the game on the road the next two weeks, especially in the dome in Atlanta, so I'm nervous and hoping that our other guys can at least step-up to keep the offense somewhat balanced while Joe's out. 

I hope we don't rush him back too quick, but it sounds like the procedure went well and it's not too bad.

(09-16-2018, 10:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the 2nd half of the Steelers schedule is brutal, five road games. They have the Patriots, Chargers, Jags, Saints, Panthers, and of course us at the end.

They better hope there's basically all wins in the 6 games following their 0-1-1 start.

I know not to count them out, and maybe they'll get back on track, but they looked sloppy, not explosive, and just not like a unified team that can  be a good team.

I'm cautiously optimistic, especially since I think Brown was faking being injured today.  They just don't seem like a cohesive unit.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 07:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wore my dicks sporting goods jersey during the Colts. When the Ravens game came on, it was in the bottom of the hamper. Ugh, I thought, well crap, gonna wear it anyway because well, I just had to, stinky or not. We played awesome. Its washed now and hanging ready for week 3. I'm wearing that thing until we lose. Then another superstition will take its place. HOWEVER, here's to us going 16-0 cause I really like the jersey.
Shouldn't have washed it. That was just cray cray, man! Superstitions involve sacrifice...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Browns are a couple of kicks from being 2-0 too. Steelers have too much offensive talent to not be in the mix at the end. Ravens are still a pretty solid team. Bengals are young and talented and also mistake prone. It's going to be one hell of a fight for the division I think. There is no gimmes anymore
Reply/Quote