Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals 3-1 in last 4 Games
For all the negative as usual on this board, there is a lot to be positive about.

Bengals have been to AFC Championship back to back years for first time in franchise history. Both games were in Kansas City, Bengals won one of them. Most of that team is still here in 2023. With Burrow in very bad shape from a bad leg all preseason, Bengals lost their first 2 games of season. However they have went 3-1 since the bad start.

So for those on the boards suggesting Bengals turn everything upside down and change everything, I suggest not. This team has just had the 2 best back to back seasons in franchise history and after a bad start due to Burrow injury, they have went 3-1 before the bye week. The bye week gives Burrow and Higgins and others a chance to rest and get more healthy.

For all the negative on this board, which there is plenty of, remember that The Bengals going to AFC Championship last 2 seasons have won 3 of the last 4 games, and Joe Burrow is getting healthy from that summer leg injury.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I don’t remember who but a poster was suggesting letting Tee go, and using the $ elsewhere. I agree with that. Let’s have a very good to great OL, Joe and Chase, committee/reload elsewhere. I want Burrow upright and dissecting like a surgeon. Since we don’t seem to be great at drafting OL, buy them.

As for this year, SI had some interesting trade ideas for either Henry or Gesicki from NE or bringing Perine back into the fold. As much as I’d love a former Hog on the team, Perine is the best idea to me.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We do it again(3 out of the next 4) and we’d be 6-4 so even if we drop the game VS San Fran this board shouldn’t explode into craziness
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 12:18 PM)SladeX Wrote: I don’t remember who but a poster was suggesting letting Tee go, and using the $ elsewhere. I agree with that. Let’s have a very good to great OL, Joe and Chase, committee/reload elsewhere. I want Burrow upright and dissecting like a surgeon. Since we don’t seem to be great at drafting OL, buy them.

As for this year, SI had some interesting trade ideas for either Henry or Gesicki from NE or bringing Perine back into the fold. As much as I’d love a former Hog on the team, Perine is the best idea to me.

So far i have to agree

I’d much rather that money go to a LG/RT/C

If we can get Karras back at his usual 6M that leaves 21M if you assume Tee is getting at least 27M per.

21M could easily get you a great LG and RT or we could just resign Jonah at like 13M and still have 8M to get a LG in here that will push Volson to what he should be….a backup
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 12:18 PM)SladeX Wrote: I don’t remember who but a poster was suggesting letting Tee go, and using the $ elsewhere. I agree with that.

Maybe, but he's killing his value right now. Of course he's having a down year so far and other coaches would probably relate it to that, but does it effect his value?

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 01:00 PM)Housh Wrote: We do it again(3 out of the next 4) and we’d be 6-4 so even if we drop the game VS San Fran this board shouldn’t explode into craziness

Bengals are 3-0 against the NFC West.  How about The Bengals just SWEEP the NFC West and also a little payback for those 1980's Super Bowl losses to 49ers.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 01:57 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals are 3-0 against the NFC West.  How about The Bengals just SWEEP the NFC West and also a little payback for those 1980's Super Bowl losses to 49ers.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger

Meh, not a lot of payback for me as I will carry those football 'scars' with me forever, but I guess every little bit helps.  Even when there is nothing on the line as a Bengals fan, I still want the Niners to always lose and their fans to suffer.  The only exception is when they play the other teams in our division.  But, even when they played the Ratbirds in the SB, the idea of cheering for them disgusted me so much I skipped the game entirely.

If we can sweep then Mike can formally petition Roger to have us moved to the NFCW, then look out!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 12:18 PM)SladeX Wrote: I don’t remember who but a poster was suggesting letting Tee go, and using the $ elsewhere. I agree with that. Let’s have a very good to great OL, Joe and Chase, committee/reload elsewhere. I want Burrow upright and dissecting like a surgeon. Since we don’t seem to be great at drafting OL, buy them.

Great offensive lineman don't hit free agency often. That's the issue.
Reply/Quote
The problem is even with 3-1 we still are last in division and 0-2 in division, loss next week makes it long odds to make playoffs
Reply/Quote
0-2 start is going to bite us in the a** this year.... obviously we have hope but it's going to take a complete team effort the next two weeks.

2-0 and you look good.
1-1 keeps you in it
0-2 start planning for next year
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 09:01 PM)QueenCity Wrote: 0-2 start is going to bite us in the a** this year.... obviously we have hope but it's going to take a complete team effort the next two weeks.

2-0 and you look good.
1-1 keeps you in it
0-2 start planning for next year

And we are 0-3 in afc, we go 1-1 that win needs to be the Bills or 0-4 in afc will be trouble
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Great offensive lineman don't hit free agency often. That's the issue.

We need a C (move present C to LG) or LG. And Pay jonah. This has to be the offseason priority, and if it costs us the services of Tee, so be it. I haven’t looked to see who might be available.

If there is a better OL coach available this offseason, I would love that change as well.

Jackson Carman being an apparent bust is a huge detriment to the team. We would be in so much better shape if he had worked out….
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 01:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Maybe, but he's killing his value right now. Of course he's having a down year so far and other coaches would probably relate it to that, but does it effect his value?

Yes. But the idea is not tying so much money in the future to 2 receivers. Penny saved penny earned for OL positions.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote

I was one who suggested to let Tee walk and put that saved money toward other positions, but I definitely wasn't the only one to suggest.

Would you think it's easier for the Bengals to hit on a WR2 or a RT in the draft?
Personally, I think they're terrible at drafting OL and they've been pretty good scouting WRs, so I lean toward sign a vet RT (or re-sign Jonah) and draft a WR in Rds 1 or 2.

With that said, I do think the Bengals could find a way to actually keep Higgins and have a vet RT, but that could make the purse pretty tight for defensive FAs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was one who suggested to let Tee walk and put that saved money toward other positions, but I definitely wasn't the only one to suggest.

Would you think it's easier for the Bengals to hit on a WR2 or a RT in the draft?
Personally, I think they're terrible at drafting OL and they've been pretty good scouting WRs, so I lean toward sign a vet RT (or re-sign Jonah) and draft a WR in Rds 1 or 2.

With that said, I do think the Bengals could find a way to actually keep Higgins and have a vet RT, but that could make the purse pretty tight for defensive FAs.

Ditto. I've been on the 'get stuff for Tee' bandwagon. Has nothing to do with how i feel about him. It's just what the sitch dictates.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I was one who suggested to let Tee walk and put that saved money toward other positions, but I definitely wasn't the only one to suggest.

I may even take it a step further.

Add a Vet Left Guard and a Vet Right Tackle.  (Karras ©, Cappa (RG) and Brown (LT) have been brought in already)

Use early Draft capital (Top 3 rounds) at other positions way more often than not.

Flat out Build a Top O-line with as many Proven Veterans as possible.

If an Offensive Lineman gets Drafted early, don't Plan on him starting right away only to find out that he is a weak link.

They could still take the occasional early round Offensive line pick but not put Burrow & Team success at risk with an unproven rookie.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:19 PM)depthchart Wrote: I may even take it a step further.

Add a Vet Left Guard and a Vet Right Tackle.  (Karras ©, Cappa (RG) and Brown (LT) have been brought in already)

Use early Draft capital (Top 3 rounds) at other positions way more often than not.

Flat out Build a Top O-line with as many Proven Veterans as possible.

I have a gut feeling Volson is Pollack's guy and Pollack will give him way more of a leash than any of us would like.
I truly do expect Volson not only stays the starter through all this year but (start of) next year as well.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I have a gut feeling Volson is Pollack's guy and Pollack will give him way more of a leash than any of us would like.
I truly do expect Volson not only stays the starter through all this year but (start of) next year as well.

I agree.

The "my guy" philosophy that I would have would be to turn a weak spot into a strength. Stop hoping & just go get the upgrade.

Sign a Proven Veteran LG that upgrades and gives Burrow extra time & comfort.

Volson could stay as depth.

I think the secret to Brock Purdy's success lies in large part with his Offensive Line. 

He knows he has time, a Big Pocket and uses it with confidence that he won't get hit right away.

Imagine if Burrow had that.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 03:46 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree.

The "my guy" philosophy that I would have would be to turn a weak spot into a strength. Stop hoping & just go get the upgrade.

Sign a Proven Veteran LG that upgrades and gives Burrow extra time & comfort.

Volson could stay as depth.

I think the secret to Brock Purdy's success lies in large part with his Offensive Line. 

He knows he has time, a Big Pocket and uses it with confidence that he won't get hit right away.

Imagine if Burrow had that.

Actually, the 49ers OL has been rather porous other than Trent Williams.

Banks (LG) - 3 sacks, 15 total pressures allowed
Brendel (center) - 0 sacks, 11 total pressures allowed
Burford (RG) - 1 sack, 16 total pressures allowed
McKivitz (RT) - 4 sacks, 11 total pressures allowed

The 49ers are what they are because of their incredible run game.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Actually, the 49ers OL has been rather porous other than Trent Williams.

Banks (LG) - 3 sacks, 15 total pressures allowed
Brendel (center) - 0 sacks, 11 total pressures allowed
Burford (RG) - 1 sack, 16 total pressures allowed
McKivitz (RT) - 4 sacks, 11 total pressures allowed

The 49ers are what they are because of their incredible run game.

I just go by what I see and when I watch the 49ers it appears to me that Purdy has a larger more secure Pocket than Burrow in general.

He seems to have that extra bit of time and space to look then step forward or in other directions more freely when he throws.

Have not watched every 49er snap, so I may have biased my opinion with a small play sample size.

Either way, I would make having Great Offensive Line play something that I would want to provide for Burrow going forward.
Reply/Quote