Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More extensions in the works
(05-18-2016, 12:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this.

It is odd because myself and Shady (I believe) were very outspoken about not wanting to draft this kid when many others had him mocked to Bengals. But both hushed after he became a Bengal and supported him.

Yet since then the kid has grown on me and believe he has a place on this defense. Would not break the bank to re-sign him but am fine with market value or a little less on extending his contract now.  

You remember correctly. His propensity to miss tackles made me nervous about taking him. His coverage skills looked a little shaky as well, but I think his size and arm-length made him appealing to scouts and coaches. They thought they could develop him. Keep in mind how long it took for him to develop behind T. Newman, and he's still developing. I tip my hat to him, too. He's worked hard at getting better, and I think he's turning into a very solid pro. 

I may not have been thrilled when we took him in the 1st, but as a rule I generally support guys once they commit to the stripes. He's done nothing but work his butt off as far as I can tell, but if Jackson or Dennard is better, one of them should start.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2016, 06:51 PM)Shady Wrote: You remember correctly. His propensity to miss tackles made me nervous about taking him. His coverage skills looked a little shaky as well, but I think his size and arm-length made him appealing to scouts and coaches. They thought they could develop him. Keep in mind how long it took for him to develop behind T. Newman, and he's still developing. I tip my hat to him, too. He's worked hard at getting better, and I think he's turning into a very solid pro. 

I may not have been thrilled when we took him in the 1st, but as a rule I generally support guys once they commit to the stripes. He's done nothing but work his butt off as far as I can tell, but if Jackson or Dennard is better, one of them should start.

I think he'll do better this year if he's healthy.  But I think Jackson is going to distance himself pretty quickly from both Dre and Dennard.  Not that they're bad players, but I'm hearing a LOT from the coaches about how good he is. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote