* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you want as the next head coach?
Sam Wyche
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:35 AM)Whatever Wrote: I would say Mike McCarthy out of everyone known to be looking for a job.  I think we need someone with experience and hiring a HC with a ring sends the message that we're serious about winning and just sliding into the playoffs isn't good enough anymore.  He would also have the credibility to lean on Mike for changes since he knows what is needed to win it all.

I think this is where my thoughts are landing as well.

McCarthy would come here if given enough control(which could be feasible because of his past status for Mike).

He might even roll with Dalton for at least a season.

I'm sure it would be refreshing for him to have a mature/compliant QB and allow for him to pick another QB going forward.

If he were to go to Cleveland he'd have to deal with another egotistical QB that would probably cry at the first stumble the team might take.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lol, cracks me up that Andy Reid is on this list. Are you kidding? Chiefs fans are in LOVE right now with their future. Reid is a huge reason for it.

I'd take Bienemy, and DEFINITELY Josh McDaniels. But he's probably going to GB.

Idk if I want anyone else on that list to be honest. Richard would be interesting, I don't think I'd hate it.
Reply/Quote
I'm in the minority of course but Gruden as HC and Hue at OC wouldn't be the worst combo.
Reply/Quote
Does it really matter? The next HC of the Bengals will have MB continually playing the Rolling Stones, Under My Thumb.. 
https://youtu.be/JcgZIz0Fd-w

How about Spanky McFarlan since he coached Alfalfa to success..?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 11:28 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I think this is where my thoughts are landing as well.

McCarthy would come here if given enough control(which could be feasible because of his past status for Mike).

He might even roll with Dalton for at least a season.

I'm sure it would be refreshing for him to have a mature/compliant QB and allow for him to pick another QB going forward.

If he were to go to Cleveland he'd have to deal with another egotistical QB that would probably cry at the first stumble the team might take.

Would love McCarthy and he has a history with Van Pelt one of the two coaches i want to keep besides Pollack.

If McCarthy wanted to keep Simmons as well i would be fine with it.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:48 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm in the minority of course but Gruden as HC and Hue at OC wouldn't be the worst combo.

And Zimmer as the DC...
Reply/Quote
Vance Joseph wouldn't be the worst idea as the Defensive Coordinator.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 12:58 PM)thillan Wrote: Lol, cracks me up that Andy Reid is on this list. Are you kidding? Chiefs fans are in LOVE right now with their future. Reid is a huge reason for it.

I'd take Bienemy, and DEFINITELY Josh McDaniels. But he's probably going to GB.

Idk if I want anyone else on that list to be honest. Richard would be interesting, I don't think I'd hate it.
If he goes one and out again they won't be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would love McCarthy and he has a history with Van Pelt one of the two coaches i want to keep besides Pollack.

If McCarthy wanted to keep Simmons as well i would be fine with it.

His history with Van Pelt includes firing him...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 01:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm sure Nick Saban is just waiting by his phone to hear the vaunted Bengals job has opened up!  Hilarious

I think from a personal standpoint he would love to coach this team. Especially considering if Mike gives him full control of the team. Obviously a highly unlikely but an interesting candidate none the less.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 04:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: His history with Van Pelt includes firing him...

The original excuse for not re-upping him was because he was going to pursue an OC position.

Instead he made a lateral move and signed as a QB coach with the Bengals.

Not really fired...  but who knows??

Maybe he hates A-a-ron.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 05:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: The original excuse for not re-upping him was because he was going to pursue an OC position.

Instead he made a lateral move and signed as a QB coach with the Bengals.

Not really fired...  but who knows??

Maybe he hates A-a-ron.  Whatever

Doubt that Aaron really hated losing him.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 06:00 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Doubt that Aaron really hated losing him.
It was a joke but I kind of like the narrative that Rodgers is a narcissistic dick-head that thinks everybody likes him. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 06:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It was a joke but I kind of like the narrative that Rodgers is a narcissistic dick-head that thinks everybody likes him. LOL

I kinda can see that though lol. Rep to you
J24

Reply/Quote
Who would want to come coach here?
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 08:15 PM)Destro Wrote: Who would want to come coach here?

Anyone who wants to be or still be a HC in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2018, 08:15 PM)Destro Wrote: Who would want to come coach here?

It is a good experience for coaches to come here and learn what NOT to do.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote