Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Buccaneers predictions
Never count Brady out

Reply/Quote
27-24 Bengals
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The Buccaneers are 0-3 vs the AFC North. They’re on pace for a losing season despite playing in the league’s easiest division. They’re a flat out bad team. This is a must win game if we want to win the division, but the Bucs can only beat us if we beat ourselves.

Bengals win 31-17 if we’re healthy on offense
Bengals win 24-17 if Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd are out.
Reply/Quote
Burrow with Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Hurst 31 vs Bucs 17 - Burrow with 350 yards and 3 pa td.

Burrow with only Chase - Bengals 17 - vs Bucs 13 - Burrow with 200 yards and 1 pa td.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 30-17
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:44 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Never count Brady out

Yeah... He eventually scored a TD last week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not "Changing my underwear now."

Bucs 21-20
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:38 AM)Interceptor Wrote: What's the Over/Under on Brady's helmet throws?

going to put that at 2 1/2 and bet the over

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Like most of you, my prediction of scores is predicated on if Tee and/or Boyd plays. No matter what, I see the Bengals winning; TB is too injured and not well-coached to beat a good team like the Bengals.

If no Tee or Body: Bengals win 23-13
If Boyd but no Tee: Bengals win 24-13
If Tee but no Boyd: Bengals win 27-13
If Tee AND Boyd: Bengals win 30-13

*If Hendrickson actually plays, change the TB scores on my predictions to 10
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:47 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It’s too hard to say right now. So much depends on the availability of Hendrickson, Hurst, Higgins and Boyd.

Yeah, going to wait till Friday or so to make a prediction. Those are a lot of questions. If we are healthy I think we win going away.

Brady just isn't accurate right now and is just missing guys, Burrow is as accurate as it gets but needs to start pump faking to stop 
getting those tipped balls. Probably my only criticism of our team right now and it is our Franchise QB. I will take it lol
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals won't overlook the Bucs, and despite how beat up they are on defense, look how the Chargers handled Miami with 8 backup defensive starters.

Burrow is on fire, but he will need Tee Higgins healthy this game. That will make it all work. Wilcox has been filling in nicely as will Irwin/Taylor for Boyd. They will need to score 28 or more to win this one.

Bengals 31
Bucs 20
Reply/Quote
Do not read too much into the domination 49ers had, because regardless of who plays QB, the 49ers have the talent to dominate most teams now. The 49ers who fell short to the Rams last year, came one game from going to the Super Bowl, and are even better this year. So do not read too much into Tampa losing at San Francisco.

At Tampa will be a tough game. I'm not sure of the condition of either Higgins or Boyd or Hurst, but if none of the 3 play, Tampa might and should double team Chase.

Tampa who has been winning the NFC South, will probably win the NFC South again and again be in play-offs. So this game at Tampa is a tough one. Yes they have Tom Brady, but Tampa always has a tough Defense. Bengals will have a tough Defense also. So this may be more of a Defensive Game than people might think looking at Brady and Burrow. These Play-Off Defenses may keep the scores low with both offenses having injuries.

The Bengals got over their Cleveland Jinx or Curse. It is good that our Bengals reached 9-4 record, because the last 4 games are against teams far superior to Cleveland.

I would like to see Bengals get win # 10 against Tampa, but I will not be down on Bengals if they lose this rough road game. My hope is Bengals get key players healthy and beat enough teams to make play-offs. I do not think Bengals will run the table against 4 tough teams, but I don't think Bengals have to win out to make play-offs. More important is to get some players back and healthy for play-offs.

So maybe these banged up offenses struggle against these tough defenses, and Bengals win a close defensive game on a McPherson field goal kick. Coupled with banged up Baltimore losing as injuries come into play. Win #10 and Bengals on top of AFC North would be a great win against a good Tampa team. What Bengals have going for them is their Super Bowl Defense will be no day at the beach for Brady and Tampa. The Tampa defense will be no day at the beach for Bengals also, with so many pass catchers injured.

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34
Bucs 13

By game's end, the announcers will drop some lines about Burrow taking the reigns of the NFL from Brady.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:01 AM)kevin Wrote: Do not read too much into the domination 49ers had, because regardless of who plays QB, the 49ers have the talent to dominate most teams now.  The 49ers who fell short to the Rams last year, came one game from going to the Super Bowl, and are even better this year.  So do not read too much into Tampa losing at San Francisco.

Ditto on the dominating 49ers defense. And Bosa is a complete game wrecker. He spent half the game in the backfield last night. The 49ers really came within a missed interception of being in the Super Bowl last year, and that missed interception may have been one of the easiest passes to intercept one may ever see. 
Reply/Quote
31-10 Bengals -

Defense shows out after the “fairly tough defense” sound clip. Dax Hill shows up in form on a position of strength/experience. TB offense hasn’t scored over 20 in forever and their D is a shell of itself in terms of getting pressure on the passer and perimeter LBs
Reply/Quote
This is the game the Bengals look Championship caliber. A total domination. 34-10
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
A return to form for Brady. An epic QB battle. Both QBs scoring at will. It's all tied up with 1:00 minute to go in the fourth and Brady is relentlessly driving for the winning score. And then Joe Brrrr takes the field at Safety, intercepts the ball, and runs it in for the winning TD. Scene. Roll credits.
Reply/Quote
PR/ WR , Trent Taylor has been limited in practice with a hamstring .
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I know this bucs team can perform better than they have. Throw on top that Hendrickson and Hilton will not play, potentially Boyd and Higgins may not even play too

This just screams bounce back victory for TB
Reply/Quote
With Chido, Mixon, Hurst, all of the WRs, and now maybe Hendrickson & Hilton missing time, some of our depth pieces have gotten (will get) some chances to play.

CTB is a fierce battler who has at least shown he belongs on an NFL roster. He has done better filling in for Chido than I would have hoped. Though Brady is gonna be in a different league than Watson. I was a Woolen guy, so I did not feel great about the trade up, but am feeling somewhat better now.

Perine has been wonderful filling in for Mixon, and may have priced himself out of here next year. But for the moment we have 2 starter quality RBs.

Wilcox has filled in admirably for Hurst. And while I do not think he is TE1 material, TE2/TE3 for sure. He should be a safely rostered guy. Blocking has been excellent and has shown more as a receiver than Sample IMHO. Still need 1 more TE even if Hurst returns.

Irwin has shown great hands and he and Taylor has been doing well on punts and made a big play. I feel comfortable with both guys going forward, but neither gets much separation. We could use some speed from someone other than Chase. Upgrades still needed at 1 WR spot, though it could be Morgan.

If Hendrickson & Hilton miss time, we may get extended looks at Ossai & Hill. Not gonna give up on either if they struggle a bit, way too early. But if they shine, it could really impact how we view the draft coming up (DE could get crossed off the list and FS/slot corner less of a priority if Hill can play both effectively).

Carter was less than impressive when Reader/Tupou were out. I think backup 3T & NT could use upgrades.

Obviously, I'd rather have everyone healthy, especially Chido. But hopefully they younger guys show out and the number of holes we need to plug in the draft lessens.
Reply/Quote