Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Buccaneers predictions
31 - 17 Bengals

Bucs have too many injuries to too many good players, especially on defense. I think we are underrating just how bad this Bucs team is. They are terrible and the team is in a complete downward spiral. If other teams didn't choke away wins, they could have very easily have lost 9 of their last 11 games.

It also sounds like Boyd and Higgins play.

I think we absolutely kick the shit out of them this week.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
With both Hendrickson and Hilton out, our Defense will suffer some through the air I am sure unless Ossai, Sample,
Gunter and Dax Hill ball out. From what I am hearing both Tee and Boyd might play and if not, I still like TI and Trent
Taylor and if we run the ball a lot we should win this game with the Bucs not having Vita Vea...

Bengals - 34
Bucs - 31
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 9-1 when scoring at least 20 points.
The Bucs are 0-6 when allowing at least 20 points.
Reply/Quote
With Tee and Boyd both apparently going to play, and Vela out for them, I foresee a good day for the Bengals offense, even missing Hurst. Winfield a GT decision for them. I think the Bengals score 30, but 24 at worst.

On the other side, missing Trey & Hilton, and maybe Davis, on top of Chido, makes the secondary pretty thin & hurts the pass rush. Wirfs sounding like a game time decision could mitigate it some. But the Bucs have been far from explosive. Our D is not as good as SFs, but I think Hill, CTB, and Ossai/Sample will be more than adequate despite a bump or two vs Brady. I don't think the Bucs break 20. 23 tops.

Prediction: Bengals 30, Bucs 16.
Reply/Quote
OK, a defensive game score then in Bengals favor, of course.

Bengals 3 field goals and a touchdown

Tampa 3 field goals and a touchdown.

That makes 16 to 16. OK, Bengals get a late 4th Field Goal.

19 to 16 Bengals over Tampa in two injured division leaders playing with 2 Super Bowl type Defenses. 35 total points by both teams, or less. The Defenses rule the day, as in many play-off team match-ups.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Bengals are 9-1 when scoring at least 20 points.
The Bucs are 0-6 when allowing at least 20 points.

Wow, we definitely win then lol

No way that Defense is going to hold this Offense under 20...
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 05:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow, we definitely win then lol

No way that Defense is going to hold this Offense under 20...

A key to those 6 losses - they gave up 173+ rush yards 5 times. This could be a huge game for Mixon and Perine, especially with no Vita Vea.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A key to those 6 losses - they gave up 173+ rush yards 5 times. This could be a huge game for Mixon and Perine, especially with no Vita Vea.

Awesome, my prediction might be too close now that I get this info Holic. But I do think Tom bounces back after that pathetic
showing against the 49ers and throws for a lot of yardage. I just hope we stick with running the ball because the way La'el, Alex
and Ted are blocking in the run game and the way Mixon and Perine are running we could really go off like you say and have 
another game similar to the Panthers.

I thought we were passing the ball a little too much early against the Stains, once we got back to running the ball everything 
fell into place and we were in control of the game. Need to keep this up.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:35 PM)Roland Wrote: A return to form for Brady.  An epic QB battle.  Both QBs scoring at will.  It's all tied up with 1:00 minute to go in the fourth and Brady is relentlessly driving for the winning score.  And then Joe Brrrr takes the field at Safety, intercepts the ball, and runs it in for the winning TD.  Scene.  Roll credits.

Just put a bow on the MVP trophy and hand it to him in the EZ when this happens. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34-17 Higgins is most likely going to play,and Boyd is likely to play.I think Burrow will have a big day.Buccaneers have some key injuries on their defense.Of course I know the Bengals are a little banged up on D as well. But we should be able to score pretty well against this team.

On the flip side,,,The Bucs are fighting for a playoff spot and they are desperate.Plus,they have Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:31 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: 35-27 Bengals

I don’t see the Bucs keeping it close unless something weird happens. They aren’t going to consistently drive on the Bengals and I think the Bengals should have a field day on the Bucs D. Brady may have the best overall career, but he’s not what he used to be.
Reply/Quote
Seems every time almost the experts pick a team unanimously to win they end up losing. Don't count Brady out.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Bucs 21
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2022, 03:50 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Seems every time almost the experts pick a team unanimously to win they end up losing. Don't count Brady out.

This isn't 2015. I'm counting him out. He's ass. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
with our defensive injuries i could see this turning into a bit of a shootout ...more like their game .vs. KC perhaps.

If Joe has Tee at 100% i think he will go off in this game for 400+ and 3TDs on them.

35-27 to continue the hot streak Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With both Hendrickson and Hilton out, our Defense will suffer some through the air I am sure unless Ossai, Sample,
Gunter and Dax Hill ball out. From what I am hearing both Tee and Boyd might play and if not, I still like TI and Trent
Taylor and if we run the ball a lot we should win this game with the Bucs not having Vita Vea...

Bengals - 34
Bucs - 31

(12-17-2022, 12:35 PM)sonofstat Wrote: with our defensive injuries i could see this turning into a bit of a shootout ...more like their game .vs. KC perhaps.

If Joe has Tee at 100% i think he will go off in this game for 400+ and 3TDs on them.

35-27 to continue the hot streak  Tiger

Anything can happen on any given Sunday, but I just don't see any version of this game that involves a shootout. The Bucs offense is basically comprised of 3 yard WR screens, check downs to the backs and an occasional running play. Brady and Evans haven't been on the same page lately, Goodwin hasn't regained his pre-injury explosion and their o-line is struggling big time. 

Brady has completed 381 passes this year, but for just 3,585 yards...only 9.4 yards per completion and 6.4 per attempt. He's only had a QB rating over 90 in 5 games this year and has had to throw it 54 or more times in 3 of the last 5 games. Neither him or that offense has been good this year. I just can't imagine them suddenly getting it together for this game.
Reply/Quote
Trust in Joe! Bengals win 31-17.
Reply/Quote
I'm going 27-12 good guys. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Predict the changing of the guard happens with JB snatching the baton from TB and running away with it.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well it's set up nicely for us with the Ravens losing to the Browns. I'm a little worried about this being a trap game for us. Tampa still throws the ball down field quite a bit but have been off. So hopefully that trend continues and hopefully our offense gets going and puts pressure on them early. I'll say 31-24 Bengals. Who Dey!!!
Reply/Quote