Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bengals Can Have Another 8-0 Start
(04-03-2017, 12:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Plus the Defense was above average after the bye last year and we had 3 new coaches trying to settle in.

I am particularly excited about the Defense this year.

Same here.

Burfict completely changed the outlook of the defense and if it wasn't for the ineptness of Peko, MJ, Hunt/Gilberry/Clarke and the fact that Adam Jones started showing his age we would have been one of the best defenses again last season.

IMO it's trending upward and with a solid draft we will be back to elite on that side of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 02:08 PM)Crowe Wrote: Same here.

Burfict completely changed the outlook of the defense and if it wasn't for the ineptness of Peko, MJ, Hunt/Gilberry/Clarke and the fact that Adam Jones started showing his age we would have been one of the best defenses again last season.

IMO it's trending upward and with a solid draft we will be back to elite on that side of the ball.

Letting Maualuga and Peko go were great moves that i have been waiting a long time for.

Minter and Billings filling those positions is amazing in my eyes cause these two are exactly what this Defense needed.

A Linebacker that can cover and stop the run and a DT beside Atkins that can stop the run and rush the passer.

Imagine if we get a good pass rusher in the draft...
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 02:06 PM)Crowe Wrote: Weren't they.

Yea he's looking good, stronger for sure and as someone who has had both knees reconstructed I can say it's especially hard to come back a year and a half or so after you tear one, I could only imagine trying to do that as a 300lb man trying to play in the NFL.

If he takes this past year as a big FU moment in his career and really dedicates himself he could be great.

I really hope we finally upgrade the C position, it's been an eyesore since Richie Braham.

Yet again a nice post, i have broken almost all my ribs and cracked my collar bone. It only hurts when you breath or when
you move, but getting a knee sprain was the worst injury i have ever had. Couldn't imagine having them reconstructed. Shocked

PA just cannot coach up Centers from what i have seen unless they are somewhat polished.

We need to get a somewhat polished Center.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Letting Maualuga and Peko go were great moves that i have been waiting a long time for.

Minter and Billings filling those positions is amazing in my eyes cause these two are exactly what this Defense needed.

A Linebacker that can cover and stop the run and a DT beside Atkins that can stop the run and rush the passer.

Looking forward to see what Hardsion can do as well as an inside rusher next to Geno on passing downs. Good article on Hardsion on the Bengals home page. If we add a DE pass rusher at 9 , and with Billings and Hardsion coming back we could hopefully have a dominant d-line again with a deep rotation.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Letting Maualuga and Peko go were great moves that i have been waiting a long time for.

I thought I was dreaming when they released Peko than I knew for sure I was dreaming when they released Maualuga lol. They were both great moves, the team has had a habit of holding on to declining or below average players for too long. I think both Minter and Billings should and will be massive upgrades over their counterparts.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yet again a nice post, i have broken almost all my ribs and cracked my collar bone. It only hurts when you breath or when
you move, but getting a knee sprain was the worst injury i have ever had. Couldn't imagine having them reconstructed. Shocked

PA just cannot coach up Centers from what i have seen unless they are somewhat polished.

We need to get a somewhat polished Center.

Yea it's a rough one to come back from and the older you get the worse they are.

PA is so disappointing as a coach lol. I'm just hoping we can draft a guy that doesn't need his tuteledge lol.
Reply/Quote
As much as I would like to see 8-0 and it's possible. Look at what this team did last year! Once the ball starts bouncing the other way it continues going that way! Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:56 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Looking forward to see what Hardsion can do as well as an inside rusher next to Geno on passing downs.  Good article on Hardsion on the  Bengals home page.  If we add a  DE pass rusher  at 9 , and with Billings and Hardsion coming back we could hopefully have a dominant d-line again with a deep rotation.

Hardison could gain some weight and be our backup to Atkins as the 3 Tech. DeShawn Williams has played
well in this role in his limited snaps as well. They were calling DeShawn, Geno 2.0 at one point.

If we grab another DT in this draft which seems likely i bet we lean to a bigger, run stopper.

Thanks for giving me the headsup about the article, probably another fluff from Hobspin but i do like Hardison.

We could be even better than we once were, more talented for sure.

(04-04-2017, 04:16 PM)Crowe Wrote: I thought I was dreaming when they released Peko than I knew for sure I was dreaming when they released Maualuga lol. They were both great moves, the team has had a habit of holding on to declining or below average players for too long. I think both Minter and Billings should and will be massive upgrades over their counterparts.

These were moves i would of made. Hope it works out like i truly believe they will.

So true about the team holding onto declining players a year or two too long. Gotta see these things coming.

Belichick and his guys do all the time.

(04-04-2017, 04:17 PM)Crowe Wrote: Yea it's a rough one to come back from and the older you get the worse they are.

PA is so disappointing as a coach lol. I'm just hoping we can draft a guy that doesn't need his tuteledge lol.

Not a coincidence that players like Whitworth and Zeitler do well who were more polished under PA.

If we get one of the earlier Center prospects there is a less likely chance of another Bodine who never had a
high ceiling anyway. Lots of quality Centers in the 2nd to 4th rounds this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2017, 12:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hardison could gain some weight and be our backup to Atkins as the 3 Tech. DeShawn Williams has played
well in this role in his limited snaps as well. They were calling DeShawn, Geno 2.0 at one point.

If we grab another DT in this draft which seems likely i bet we lean to a bigger, run stopper.

Thanks for giving me the headsup about the article, probably another fluff from Hobspin but i do like Hardison.

We could be even better than we once were, more talented for sure.

These were moves i would of made. Hope it works out like i truly believe they will.

So true about the team holding onto declining players a year or two too long. Gotta see these things coming.

Belichick and his guys do all the time.

Not a coincidence that players like Whitworth and Zeitler do well who were more polished under PA.

If we get one of the earlier Center prospects there is a less likely chance of another Bodine who never had a
high ceiling anyway. Lots of quality Centers in the 2nd to 4th rounds this year.

An upgrade at C IMO instantly improves the run game. I'm hoping that Lewis and Tobin realize this and grab one of the top C's this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 06:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see many have boarded the optimistic train. I'm truly happy for you because it's definitely a ride I would prefer to be on. However, as a few have mentioned, we still have Mike & Marv as the engineers who have never reached the destination. Therefore, I'm going to hang back here at the station, sip on a few cocktails at the pessimistic lounge and wish you all a good ride. Maybe I'll catch the next train out once I get liquored up and gain a little liquid confidence. Hell, maybe I'll get to the point where I hand someone my drink and say "watch this!"

Did someone say alcohol?   Drunk
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote