Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills
Ravens lost. Beat Bills and don't even make it about the Ravens at Bengals game next week.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
As if we needed any more motivation!
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Well I wish someone would have told me that this whole week leading up to the game
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not. So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday. You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I wish someone would have told me that this whole week leading up to the game

Well, I don't know how the F they could have, since the Ravens didn't lose until a second ago. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not.  So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday.  You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

If Chiefs clinch bye week Saturday, and Bengals have already won AFC North. Then why get players injured against Ravens.  Use the bench as Bengals did last year against Browns, because it worked.  Bengals went in healthy and won in play-offs.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:33 AM)kevin Wrote: Well, I don't know how the F they could have, since the Ravens didn't lose until a second ago. 

His point is we all knew a Ravens loss tonight and Bengals win tomorrow clinches the division for us. Didn't need any results to know this.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not. So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday. You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

Of course you play for the two seed.

Hypothetically, would you rather a rematch with the bills in orchard park or paycor stadium?

There would also be a greater chance of hosting the AFCCG. Unlikely the 2 and 1 seed lose second week of playoffs.

It’s a no brainer.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:39 AM)kevin Wrote: If Chiefs clinch bye week Saturday, and Bengals have already won AFC North. Then why get players injured against Ravens.  Use the bench as Bengals did last year against Browns, because it worked.  Bengals went in healthy and won in play-offs.  

And likely only host one playoff game?

The potential of two, maybe three… looms large.

No way the bengals stand pat if we take care of business tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we’re either getting the Ravens or Dolphins round 1 with the Chargers winning today. Unless we somehow get the 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:45 AM)tBengal Wrote: Looks like we’re either getting the Ravens or Dolphins round 1 with the Chargers winning today. Unless we somehow get the 1 seed.

Beat the bills tomorrow and ravens next week, we are getting dolphins, pats or Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Beat the bills tomorrow and ravens next week, we are getting dolphins, pats or Steelers.

Jarrett Stidham might have something to say about that. 
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:08 AM)Science Friction Wrote:  Jarrett Stidham might have something to say about that. 

Hope so. They played great today.

Chiefs are not all that impressive.

In the last 4 weeks, broncos gave them a run for their money, twice… as did the Texans.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Ravens lost.  Beat Bills and don't even make it about the Ravens at Bengals game next week.

Sweeeeeet. I wasn't even aware.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not.  So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday.  You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

There is literally no debate. 

Even if #2 is the only thing available, you play for that. It's the difference between potentially playing in Buffalo or Cin again vs the Bills.

There is zero incentive for resting players.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:39 AM)kevin Wrote: If Chiefs clinch bye week Saturday, and Bengals have already won AFC North. Then why get players injured against Ravens.  Use the bench as Bengals did last year against Browns, because it worked.  Bengals went in healthy and won in play-offs.  

No.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There is literally no debate. 

Even if #2 is the only thing available, you play for that. It's the difference between potentially playing in Buffalo or Cin again vs the Bills.

There is zero incentive for resting players.

I don’t understand some peoples train of thought.

Do I feel good about going into anywhere and winning? Yea, sure.

Do I like the chances better at home… with no travel. 1000000x yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t understand some peoples train of thought.

Do I like the chances better at home… with no travel.  1000000x yes.

Anyone who tries to make a case for resting players with the #1 or #2 seed still in play needs psychiatric help.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:40 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Anyone who tries to make a case for resting players with the #1 or #2 seed still in play needs psychiatric help.

I was thinking it, glad you said it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t understand some peoples train of thought.

Do I like the chances better at home… with no travel.  1000000x yes.

[Image: eutawiisp9jkji5czmnm]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote