Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills (/Thread-Bengals-Can-Win-AFC-North-With-A-Win-Over-Bills)

Pages: 1 2

Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - kevin - 01-02-2023

Ravens lost. Beat Bills and don't even make it about the Ravens at Bengals game next week.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - EatonFan - 01-02-2023

As if we needed any more motivation!

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - michaelsean - 01-02-2023

Well I wish someone would have told me that this whole week leading up to the game

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - phil413 - 01-02-2023

Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not. So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday. You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - kevin - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I wish someone would have told me that this whole week leading up to the game

Well, I don't know how the F they could have, since the Ravens didn't lose until a second ago. 

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - kevin - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not.  So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday.  You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

If Chiefs clinch bye week Saturday, and Bengals have already won AFC North. Then why get players injured against Ravens.  Use the bench as Bengals did last year against Browns, because it worked.  Bengals went in healthy and won in play-offs.  

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - cinci4life - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:33 AM)kevin Wrote: Well, I don't know how the F they could have, since the Ravens didn't lose until a second ago. 

His point is we all knew a Ravens loss tonight and Bengals win tomorrow clinches the division for us. Didn't need any results to know this.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - Bengalbug - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not. So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday. You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

Of course you play for the two seed.

Hypothetically, would you rather a rematch with the bills in orchard park or paycor stadium?

There would also be a greater chance of hosting the AFCCG. Unlikely the 2 and 1 seed lose second week of playoffs.

It’s a no brainer.

(01-02-2023, 01:39 AM)kevin Wrote: If Chiefs clinch bye week Saturday, and Bengals have already won AFC North. Then why get players injured against Ravens.  Use the bench as Bengals did last year against Browns, because it worked.  Bengals went in healthy and won in play-offs.  

And likely only host one playoff game?

The potential of two, maybe three… looms large.

No way the bengals stand pat if we take care of business tomorrow.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - tBengal - 01-02-2023

Looks like we’re either getting the Ravens or Dolphins round 1 with the Chargers winning today. Unless we somehow get the 1 seed.

(01-02-2023, 01:45 AM)tBengal Wrote: Looks like we’re either getting the Ravens or Dolphins round 1 with the Chargers winning today. Unless we somehow get the 1 seed.

Beat the bills tomorrow and ravens next week, we are getting dolphins, pats or Steelers.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - Science Friction - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Beat the bills tomorrow and ravens next week, we are getting dolphins, pats or Steelers.

Jarrett Stidham might have something to say about that. 

(01-02-2023, 02:08 AM)Science Friction Wrote:  Jarrett Stidham might have something to say about that. 

Hope so. They played great today.

Chiefs are not all that impressive.

In the last 4 weeks, broncos gave them a run for their money, twice… as did the Texans.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - rfaulk34 - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 01:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Ravens lost.  Beat Bills and don't even make it about the Ravens at Bengals game next week.

Sweeeeeet. I wasn't even aware.

(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not.  So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday.  You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

There is literally no debate. 

Even if #2 is the only thing available, you play for that. It's the difference between potentially playing in Buffalo or Cin again vs the Bills.

There is zero incentive for resting players.

(01-02-2023, 01:39 AM)kevin Wrote: If Chiefs clinch bye week Saturday, and Bengals have already won AFC North. Then why get players injured against Ravens.  Use the bench as Bengals did last year against Browns, because it worked.  Bengals went in healthy and won in play-offs.  

No.

(01-02-2023, 02:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There is literally no debate. 

Even if #2 is the only thing available, you play for that. It's the difference between potentially playing in Buffalo or Cin again vs the Bills.

There is zero incentive for resting players.

I don’t understand some peoples train of thought.

Do I feel good about going into anywhere and winning? Yea, sure.

Do I like the chances better at home… with no travel. 1000000x yes.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - Science Friction - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 02:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t understand some peoples train of thought.

Do I like the chances better at home… with no travel.  1000000x yes.

Anyone who tries to make a case for resting players with the #1 or #2 seed still in play needs psychiatric help.

(01-02-2023, 02:40 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Anyone who tries to make a case for resting players with the #1 or #2 seed still in play needs psychiatric help.

I was thinking it, glad you said it.

RE: Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills - BengalYankee - 01-02-2023

(01-02-2023, 02:30 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t understand some peoples train of thought.

Do I like the chances better at home… with no travel.  1000000x yes.

[Image: eutawiisp9jkji5czmnm]