Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Can Win AFC North With A Win Over Bills
Tonight's game is so important because it will establish several things. For one, you don't want to play in the playoffs in Buffalo in January no matter what, so winning tonight keeps any playoff in Cincinnati and makes it so that Brandon and backups could start next week. The Chiefs seem really wobbly and could be an upset target for either Miami, NE, or Pittsburgh. The Bengals' biggest challenge could come from (surprise, surprise) the Jaguars. It looks to be another fun January!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 07:27 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Tonight's game is so important because it will establish several things. For one, you don't want to play in the playoffs in Buffalo in January no matter what, so winning tonight keeps any playoff in Cincinnati and makes it so that Brandon and backups could start next week. The Chiefs seem really wobbly and could be an upset target for either Miami, NE, or Pittsburgh. The Bengals' biggest challenge could come from (surprise, surprise) the Jaguars. It looks to be another fun January!

A bengals win tonight does does not allow your scenerio to happen brother.

In order to ensure that you don’t go to orchard park in January, the bengals must win out. No resting starters week 18 for bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There is no scenario where only the backups play next week.

Win and you're possibly playing for the #1 seed or at least protecting the #2 seed from Buffalo.

Lose and the Ravens can still win the division and take away the possibility of a home playoff game.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 08:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: There is no scenario where only the backups play next week.

Win and you're possibly playing for the #1 seed or at least protecting the #2 seed from Buffalo.

Lose and the Ravens can still win the division and take away the possibility of a home playoff game.

Close.

A bengals win tonight clinched the AFC, and at least one home game. That is unaffected in week 18.

But you are right, NO scenerio where bengals rest starters.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 08:35 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Close.

A bengals win tonight clinched the AFC, and at least one home game.  That is unaffected in week 18.

But you are right, NO scenerio where bengals rest starters.

That was kind of implied by mentioning the possibility of losing the home game in the if they "lose" scenario in the "Bengals Can Win AFG North With A Win Over Bills" thread.

Also, if the Bengals win tonight, I think that there is no way that we see Jackson next week. With the division lost, they'll give him another week to heal. They may even not risk injury and let Huntley rest just in case they need him in the playoffs if Jackson can't go or he re-aggravates his injury.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)phil413 Wrote: Good news, they just announced the Chiefs game is Saturday and we are not.  So, with a win tomorrow we will know if we have a bye to play for late Saturday.  You still have the debate of resting starters vs trying to lock in a 2 seed if KC wins.

There is no chance in hell I rest starters with the 2 seed on the line. That 2 seed is valuable is hell. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Hope so. They played great today.

Chiefs are not all that impressive.

In the last 4 weeks, broncos gave them a run for their money, twice… as did the Texans.

Bills scare me more in the playoffs than the Chiefs. 

Without Mahomes that is literally a 4 win team. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've transitioned from expecting the Bengals to lose, to expecting them to win. As much as it causes me to barf in my mouth to say it: Mike Brown was right. The success of a team is all about having a quality QB.

In Burrow I trust. I don't recall having this level of confidence in Anderson or Esiason.
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying we should play starters next week needs to remember that after the game if we lose anyone to injury. I don’t want to hear a bunch of second guessing/captain hindsight’s in here bashing Zac for playing guys if the worst happens.

That said, unless we win this week and somehow get lucky and the Bills play before us (which won’t happen) and lose, there is no scenario where I sit starters.

I really could see the Bills resting guys if they lose this week and KC wins Saturday though. Plus they play the pats fighting for their playoff lives. Could be a loss next week for Buffalo either way but we won’t have the luxury of knowing before our game so we should play our guys anyway.

I could also see the ravens resting their best guys next week if we locked up the division so maybe we can jump out to a lead and pull our guys in the 2nd half. That’s probably the best thing we can hope for.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 07:27 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Tonight's game is so important because it will establish several things. For one, you don't want to play in the playoffs in Buffalo in January no matter what, so winning tonight keeps any playoff in Cincinnati and makes it so that Brandon and backups could start next week. The Chiefs seem really wobbly and could be an upset target for either Miami, NE, or Pittsburgh. The Bengals' biggest challenge could come from (surprise, surprise) the Jaguars. It looks to be another fun January!

Call me crazy...  but I think the Browns could be the spoiler for the Steelers playoff dreams!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Beat the bills tomorrow and ravens next week, we are getting dolphins, pats or Steelers.

There are also scenarios where the Titans win the South & Jacksonville sneaks in as #7 (Pats L to Bills, Dolphins L to Jets, Steelers L to Browns). 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 08:13 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: There is no scenario where only the backups play next week.

I believe there is a scenario that with a win tonight we are resting starters for last game,  if Chiefs win Saturday, and Bills play and lose before our scheduled game, we are locked into the 2nd seed.
Reply/Quote
Also, if we win tonight & lockup the division, think of things from a Ravens perspective:

You are locked in to the #6 (if the Rams beat the Chargers) or #5 seed. I am sure they'd prefer #5 (and get Jacksonville/Tennessee instead of KC/us/Buffalo), they aren't afraid of us, or anyone if healthy.

Jackson will not have played in a while, if he is iffy, do you prioritize health over rust removal? I would, he is not a surgeon type QB anyway.

Long story short, if the division is off the table, I could easily see the Ravens resting a lot of guys Week 18. Jackson, Campbell, etc.

Plus, they know if they loose, they know their opponent will likely be Buffalo (if we win tonight). And then could prepare for them early. The Chiefs losing would be the only thing that would spoil it, and at worst they'll know Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Everyone saying we should play starters next week needs to remember that after the game if we lose anyone to injury. I don’t want to hear a bunch of second guessing/captain hindsight’s in here bashing Zac for playing guys if the worst happens.

That said, unless we win this week and somehow get lucky and the Bills play before us (which won’t happen) and lose, there is no scenario where I sit starters.

I really could see the Bills resting guys if they lose this week and KC wins Saturday though. Plus they play the pats fighting for their playoff lives. Could be a loss next week for Buffalo either way but we won’t have the luxury of knowing before our game so we should play our guys anyway.

I could also see the ravens resting  their best guys next week if we locked up the division so maybe we can jump out to a lead and pull our guys in the 2nd half. That’s probably the best thing we can hope for.

What ifs are all over the place and you can;t predict injuries etc, hell they happen in practice leading up to games.. and look at what jacksonville did this weekend, they could have rested starters but played them and now they could actually still lose this weekend and get into playoffs, many were saying rest starters.. we have seen teams rest starters last week of season and then play terrible the next week in playoffs... but I prefer look at  home field advantages so with that said getting 2nd seed is much more valuable than 3rd seed, especially if it means going to Buffalo over playing them at home. I don;t see Ravens resting starters especially if it means 5th or 6th seed, would you rather travel to Cincinnati or Buffalo vs Jacksonville or Tenn.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Also, if we win tonight & lockup the division, think of things from a Ravens perspective:

You are locked in to the #6 (if the Rams beat the Chargers) or #5 seed. I am sure they'd prefer #5 (and get Jacksonville/Tennessee instead of KC/us/Buffalo), they aren't afraid of us, or anyone if healthy.

Jackson will not have played in a while, if he is iffy, do you prioritize health over rust removal? I would, he is not a surgeon type QB anyway.

Long story short, if the division is off the table, I could easily see the Ravens resting a lot of guys Week 18. Jackson, Campbell, etc.

Plus, they know if they loose, they know their opponent will likely be Buffalo (if we win tonight). And then could prepare for them early. The Chiefs losing would be the only thing that would spoil it, and at worst they'll know Saturday.

I do not see much of a situation for the Ravens to rest their starters outside of Jackson even if division is out for a three main reasons

1.  Not in Baltimore's nature, harbaugh has tended to stay with starters, he has a strong mentality about winning culture
2.  If 5th seed is in play , that is a bit difference in playing Jacksonville or Tenn over Buffalo 
3   Seems like a bit of bad blood between these teams and got a feeling Ravens would like nothing better than take us out of home field hunt in playoffs
Reply/Quote