Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals @ Cardinals predictions
Bengals 27
Cardinals 18

Defense holds them to field goals, and the bengals bounce back with a much needed win.
Not enough to convince us the season is saved yet, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are hungry, mad, and on the ropes. Taylor and Callahan will have all week to prepare for the desert red birds.

Cardinals win 17 - 13
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 03:39 PM)Mer Wrote: Umm, There are still 13 regular season games to play. It's far from over. 

Burrow overcomes adversity this week and we win. Then all you Karens can disappear for a week or 2 until our next loss. It's obvious there are a lot of newer fans on here. In the 90's we weren't happy, but surprised if we had a win before week 5. 

Expectations change. The defense isn’t close to what it was last year, Perrine and Hurst were big losses. I wish Ossai would have been cut after his bonehead play. 
Reply/Quote
We get the dead cat bounce.
Bengals 19
Cardinals 17
Reply/Quote
Bengals.....I don't really care anymore...

Cardinals ....I don't really care anymore+24.....
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:25 PM)TheBengals Wrote: We get the dead cat bounce.
Bengals 19
Cardinals 17

It can't be a "dead cat bounce" until the season is already ov-...um...oh....
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
They've been pretty competitive at home,, but on the road YIKES. Only 6 points and 350 some yards in 2 games. That's gotta change this week and I think it does. I'm saying kitty goes meow,, 23-21.
Reply/Quote
Cardinals 27
Bengals 3
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 05:12 PM)125250 Wrote: Expectations change. The defense isn’t close to what it was last year, Perrine and Hurst were big losses. I wish Ossai would have been cut after his bonehead play. 

FWIW, here's how Perine and Hurst have done in their new teams...

Hurst - 10 rec, 79 yards, 1 TD in 4 games
Perine - 18 rushes, 66 yards, 0 TD in 4 games

Both of those guys are not doing overly well in their new surroundings.
Not saying the Bengals have better replacements for them, but it's not like they're lighting the league on fire now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Cardinals 20
Bengals 13

Cardinals have a solid running game, and Bengals have shown through 4 games they can't defend the run.

They have enough weapons in the passing game that any QB should be able to get some yards if they aren't hobbled like Burrow.
Marquise Brown, Rondale Moore, Zach Ertz, Trey McBride, Michael Wilson (3rd round draft pick)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 07:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FWIW, here's how Perine and Hurst have done in their new teams...

Hurst - 10 rec, 79 yards, 1 TD in 4 games
Perine - 18 rushes, 66 yards, 0 TD in 4 games

Both of those guys are not doing overly well in their new surroundings.
Not saying the Bengals have better replacements for them, but it's not like they're lighting the league on fire now.

Didn’t Perine sign there because he was going to get more usage? Oh well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
There is no logical reason to pick the Bengals. The Titans are an average team, and they beat the snot out of the Bengals. Joe can’t play the position right now. Literally the worst QB in the league and set some sort of 60 year record for avg yds per attempt or something like that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
The Cards beat Dallas…..this current version of the Bengals has NO shot
Reply/Quote
31-10 Cards (Bengals get a cheap 7 in garbage time)
Reply/Quote
Burrow plays totally most likely a loss, if we mix Browning in some during the game we have a shot to win
Reply/Quote
Bengals 24
Cardinals 10
Reply/Quote
Not seeing a win on the road. Cards have a mobile QB which always causes fits for our D. Plus he is a 2nd QB which is double trouble. Past history and all. Unless both sides of the team have had a major turnaround looking like 1-4. Wasn't that long ago we were watching Perine run for 6 or 7 yards a pop running the clock down, we had the ball late in the 4th and the lead.
Reply/Quote
Cardinals 27-10.

Reply/Quote
I don't have hope for the Bengals to win this game. I just still can't get over our lack of a plan since Burrows injury. I don't really get our lack of trust to give any other running backs a chance besides Mixon. But I do think the light we'll come on eventually and that might just be Burrow getting healthy. So hopefully we see some glimpses of that this week. I'll say Cards 31-23.
Reply/Quote
I'll mix some optimism with pessimism and say that Burrow is decent and the D plays well enough that we win this one ugly and then spend the next week talking about how we can beat the Seahawks get get back to .500 only to lay an egg against them.
Reply/Quote