Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals@Chiefs Prediction
31-24 for whoever jumps ahead early.

Reply/Quote
Chiefs fan here and I don't think we have much of a chance against the Bengals.

I was at the game against the Jags and Mahomes looked great until the injury, I don't care how much he rehabs it he isn't the same QB without his mobility.

Your Weapons on Offense and your great D are going to cause a lot of problems.

My predictions are predicated on Turnovers

If the Chiefs and Bengals are even on turnovers I think its a 27-21 Bengals

If the Chiefs are minus 1 or more in turnovers its 34-17 Bengals

If the Chiefs are Plus 1 or more in turnovers its a 50/50 game 28-27 ( pick em)

Honestly I think our chances to win are 15-20%, heck I even have a good amount of money on the Bengals.

Would love to win but have to be realistic.
Reply/Quote
If our OL comes out playing against KC like they did vs Buff.
Then long day for KC and should end same as vs Buff. 27-10
if not, then 27-24 Bengals squeek it out.

But as always, 2 great teams going at it and just depends on who comes out playing like they want it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'll start by saying it will be an epic game. Mahomes is going to play with little injury. I still think the Bengals take care of business and have a good day. Bengals 27 Chiefs 24

Bengals Win AFC again.  Go to Super Bowl and Win Super Bowl.   Bengals get to hold up Vince Lombardi Super Bowl Trophy for first time ever.  Now THAT is a WHO DEY. 

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs aren't the Bills. They have a lot better pass rush and we're not going to be able to out physical them like we did the Bills. I really don't think Mahomes is as hurt as what people think. It's going to be a REALLY tough game. Beating Mahomes 4 times in a row would be wild, and Arrowhead is one of the hardest stadiums to play at. We're road tested having 10 road games and only 8 home games this year. The offense is going to have to fire on all cylinders to get this W. I think the run game for both teams will be a big factor in this game, limiting each other's time of possession, so the score isn't going to look super crazy.

24 - 21 Bengals

Bengals win a nail biter with Ja'Marr getting a 4th quarter TD to win the game
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'll start by saying it will be an epic game. Mahomes is going to play with little injury. I still think the Bengals take care of business and have a good day. Bengals 27 Chiefs 24

I have:

Bengals 31
Chiefs 20

I just have so much faith in this defense...it is much better than KC's and I believe Joe is on such a role right now he will be able to contend with their front four against the backups again.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:38 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: First, I predict that Romo gushes over how "gutsy" Mahomes is for playing on that ankle at least 20 times. The chiefs start out fast against us like they usually do and go up 14-3......I'll say 17-10 at halftime. The second half, Lou makes the necessary adjustments and we take it 28-24.

Bengals 28-24

The ankle is perfect for the NFL.  I am actually shocked the Chiefs and the NFL aren't hiding it more (full participation?) because it is a great narrative either way, if he wins (he won't) they will talk about what a warrior he is and how he overcame a lack of his usual mobility and if he loses (he will) they have a built in excuse.  
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wasn’t last game a little more one sided than the 3 point margin?  Like the Bengals knelt on it in the red zone or maybe gave KC a late meaningless TD.

Yes, you are correct, sir.  And there was a lot at stake...number 1 seed and they would have lost it to Buffalo if the Bengals knocked them off as well.

This is bigger, and they will have a plan to attack Cincy, but you are dead on about the first game this year. (last year)
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:20 PM)twisted Wrote: Chiefs 31
Bengals 24

Bengals OL can't hold up.  Mahomes plays his MJ flu game.

Yeah...because so many other QBs have done that against this defense this season.  Oh, wait.  
Reply/Quote
27-17 Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 08:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wasn’t last game a little more one sided than the 3 point margin?  Like the Bengals knelt on it in the red zone or maybe gave KC a late meaningless TD.

Not at all.  KC was down 3 and on there way to scoring when Kelce was stripped for a fumble.

Cincinnati then had to pull off an amazing 3rd down conversion in order to get to the point they could run out the clock.

If Burrow doesn't thread the needle perfect we're giving the ball back to KC with way more than 13 seconds left and ask the bills how that works out.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 07:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, you are correct, sir.  And there was a lot at stake...number 1 seed and they would have lost it to Buffalo if the Bengals knocked them off as well.

This is bigger, and they will have a plan to attack Cincy, but you are dead on about the first game this year. (last year)

He's not correct.  See my post above.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling Apple will get juked on one play that will lead to a TD.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2022/seasontype/2/stat/passing/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/asc

Chiefs allowed an NFL worst 33 tds in the air against them. They were 27th in passer rating allowed. The Bengals meanwhile are 1st in passer rating allowed. I really think the Bengals and Joe can score here and it will be tough for Mahomes being injured to keep up with it. Mahomes effort will be called heroic but it won't be enough. 34-27 good guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 11:19 AM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2022/seasontype/2/stat/passing/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/asc

Chiefs allowed an NFL worst 33 tds in the air against them.  They were 27th in passer rating allowed.  The Bengals meanwhile are 1st in passer rating allowed.  I really think the Bengals and Joe can score here and it will be tough for Mahomes being injured to keep up with it.  Mahomes effort will be called heroic but it won't be enough.  34-27 good guys.

This is such an impressive statistic. With Chidobe going down, thrusting Apple into the #1 spot and playing a rookie at #2, the Bengals posted the best passer rating allowed in the entire league. 
Reply/Quote
I think we're in their heads. They look across the table at us and say " oh bollocks not you again". Tried 3 times and lost them. Chase and Higgins high balls at the front of the end zone works fine as they out muscle and hold on. The longer we lead and slowly apply pressure the more the wanker with the ankle will panic and do something like last year throwing to a small but very fast guy who's double covered by two bigger guys. We win running down the clock 31 - 20.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 09:20 PM)twisted Wrote: Chiefs 31
Bengals 24

Bengals OL can't hold up. Mahomes plays his MJ flu game.

So glad you signed up for this being your first post lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
my prediction for bills-bengals was that 1 team was going to dominate the other, unlike the expectation of being a close game which never became one. I was right.
For this one, I predict there will be lead changes through out the first 3 quarters, the bengals win the 4th Quarter, by dominating again. By dominating, I mean getting 1st downs and running out the clock for most of the quarter.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:24 AM)motoarch Wrote: He's not correct.  See my post above.

Actually, you both are correct. Yes, the Chiefs were driving down the field after the Bengals scored a TD to take the lead (27-24). Kelce fumbles. The Bengals then march back down the field. It was at the 2 minute warning in the 4th QTR and Chiefs are out of timeouts. Bengals are facing a 3rd down at the KC 14 yard line. If they run the ball, they can take time off the clock, kick a FG and make the Chiefs have to get a TD to win the game. The Bengals pass it and Burrow throws a perfect pass to Higgins for the first down and the Bengals kneel the ball to win the game.

Thus, the Bengals could've tried for a TD (they clearly passed on 3rd so it could've been attempted) or gotten a FG. So they left, at minimum 3 points on the field by kneeling, but yes, the game WAS as close as the score indicated.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 07:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, you are correct, sir.  And there was a lot at stake...number 1 seed and they would have lost it to Buffalo if the Bengals knocked them off as well.

IMO whomever establishes a run game early takes this one
My $ on Bengals as we are gelling and firing on all cylinders with a young  agressive O Line finding their way and eager to put another clinic VS KC
I think Jackson will be serving up more pancakes on Sunday to KC. Hes on a mission 
Reply/Quote