Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals@Chiefs Prediction
So, we all know what happened last year where both Bengals-Chiefs games were mirror images of each other. I'm looking at what we did earlier against the Chiefs and can't help if the game may start the same way.

So, we started with a TD drive, KC answers with a FG, we get another TD on the very next drive to go up 14-3. A couple punts from both teams, the Chiefs get a TD before the half to go into the half 14-10. AFter the half, the Chiefs score a pair of TDs sandwiched around a FG from us. We score 10 in the 4th while shutting KC out to get the win.

I think this game starts out similarly. We will score a couple TDs early to a KC FG, maybe even a TD. But, our defense will stymie KC's offense more than the other way around. I see us entering halftime with at 17-10 or 17-13 lead and then pulling away in the 2nd half.

Assuming Mahomes is limited, I think the Bengals win 28-17. If Mahome is at 100%, I think the final score will be Bengals 28, Chiefs 21.

WHO DEY
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Since 2012, the home team won the AFCC game 7 out of 10 times (70%).
Since 2012, two teams scored 17+ points in their divisional game and made the AFCC game as AWAY teams (Patriots 2013, Chiefs 2018). Both lost.

Over their last 8 games, the Chiefs are averaging 28 points scored and 20 points allowed per game.
Over their last 8 games, the Bengals are averaging 26 points scored and 17 points allowed per game.

Over the last 8 games, the Chiefs have played 3 opponents with winning records. They are 2-1 in those game, with an average 25 points scored and 19 points allowed.
Over the last 8 games, the Bengals have played 4 opponents with winning records. They are 4-0 in those games, with an average 27 points scored and 17 points allowed.

The Bengals are 3-0 in their last three matchups with the Chiefs, with each win being by 3 points.

Final score will be 24-21, but it's a complete toss-up as to who takes it. Bengals are better on paper, but history favors the home team.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27- Chiefs 20
Reply/Quote
Seeing as I won this game last week, I know everyone is begging to know what I think. Well I do not see a scorigami happening. That's for sure. Apologies to all the scorigami enthusiasts. I see the ball crossing the goal line multiple times. Some cheering, more jeering. A few kicks for good measure. The ball will travel in multiple ways, by flight and by might well into the night.

Bengals 29-20
Reply/Quote
Bengals - 35
Chiefs - 31

Our Offense keeps rolling and Chase goes off in this one for about 180 yards and 2 TD's as the Chiefs Secondary cannot
tackle him. Mixon and Perine have a big game. Mahomes starts out hot like usual, but our Defense steps up in the 2nd
half like usual and slows them down.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 10:23 AM)motoarch Wrote: Not at all.  KC was down 3 and on there way to scoring when Kelce was stripped for a fumble.

Cincinnati then had to pull off an amazing 3rd down conversion in order to get to the point they could run out the clock.

If Burrow doesn't thread the needle perfect we're giving the ball back to KC with way more than 13 seconds left and ask the bills how that works out.

I disagree. There was a dropped TD (Boyd I think) and a dropped INT (CTB, I think) and we didn't have Hurst or Mixon.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals 34
Chiefs 24

I'm tired of hearing how this Chiefs team has an explosive defense our offense can't handle, and that there's no answer to Mahomes. The Bengals have played better defenses and some damn good offenses. I'm ready to see the Bengals go in and make a final declaration that they're the team to beat in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Bengals - 35
Chiefs - 31

Our Offense keeps rolling and Chase goes off in this one for about 180 yards and 2 TD's as the Chiefs Secondary cannot
tackle him. Mixon and Perine have a big game. Mahomes starts out hot like usual, but our Defense steps up in the 2nd
half like usual and slows them down.

Damn 35-31

So are you predicting a Burrow GW drive? Or we go up and have to play D one time?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 08:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree. There was a dropped TD (Boyd I think) and a dropped INT (CTB, I think) and we didn't have Hurst or Mixon.  

The Boyd drop was unimaginable.  I don't say this a lot, but I think I could have caught that ball.  The dudes I walk past by the west club entrance to Paycor that play catch while smoking cigarettes before the games could have caught that ball.  He was that wide open.
Reply/Quote
Chiefs get something on us early like a fumble (Taylor?) or INT and take a 17-10 lead to half. Lou does his thing and then Higgins and Chase take over.

Bengals 31
Chiefs 23
Reply/Quote
Tiger

I really didn't want to invest myself into this because I believe thats its a toss up game. So much has been said between the two teams and which one holds water.... I guess "Nothing"

1) Win the coin toss because it means quite a bit to see # 15 this week in how he moves. I say that to say that ankle will be so full of 2035 that he won't feel any pain until February. No seriously!

2) It'll be cold and loud so whats the best way to quiet a crowd. You run the football and play down and distance. If one guy isn't working go to the other. This isn't a who has the best weapons game Zac! Stick to the script.

3) Lou just be what you've always been against KC & don't change anything outside of maybe blitzin
g earlier. Thats why I'd like to be on defense first..

4) Joe sent out a nugget in a presser hyping up the Chief rookie cornerbacks. Now the modest wouldn't see it but I just smiled. The growth in him has been his check down game and not force feeding his weapons. He'll continue that to eliminate pressure.

5) Can the unit continue to play as such without three starters? I'm not sure but that was a performance last week for " The Pack" ... Joe may fall a few times this week but as I said last week. Don't let it be meaningful and we can still fight. Again I don't see this group being the reason! Though I'm not as high on Carman this was a welcomed sight for this organization for many reasons. Duplicate it now because everything is on the line for not only you but your city. I think that you & Adeniji will be just fine again.
https://youtu.be/pBuN2QzfI6M

6) Oh & Eli Apple/ Mike Hilton. Just don't be the reason because well " You Said It" Ok! One of you should get a turnover right.... We'll see but I think CTB sends us to a second straight SB.

Bengals 20
Chiefs 14
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 08:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree. There was a dropped TD (Boyd I think) and a dropped INT (CTB, I think) and we didn't have Hurst or Mixon.  

And I haven't won the lottery either.

So what
Reply/Quote
Bengals ....31
Chiefs.......27

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Oh damn we are screwed! Brad Pitt is rooting for and predicting a Chiefs victory. That’s it game over. LOL…..

However, I like it we are underdogs once again. I love it when no when expects us to win. It’s us against the world. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I’m predicting 27-14. I think our run game success makes it tough on KC. I don’t think KC is as good at WR or the secondary. We’ll see but this Bengal team is focused and confident and much like last year built for the playoffs.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think this will be much of a game. I think PM is injured more than people believe. This is the year we will finally hoist that Lombardi.

Bengals 31
Mayor Aftab 17
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 12:17 PM)kalibengal Wrote: IMO whomever establishes a run game early takes this one
My $ on Bengals as we are gelling and firing on all cylinders with a young  agressive O Line finding their way and eager to put another clinic VS KC
I think Jackson will be serving up more pancakes on Sunday to KC. Hes on a mission 

The only matchups that worry me is the offensive line (although coming off a fantastic effort in Buffalo) against a much better front four and Pacheco running the ball if they do the uncharacteristic two TE sets and try to pound the ball.   Almost like facing Baltimore again, but a better offensive line.  They could do that to try and protect Mahomes.  
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2023, 09:41 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

I really didn't want to invest myself into this because I believe thats its a toss up game. So much has been said between the two teams and which one holds water.... I guess "Nothing"

1) Win the coin toss because it means quite a bit to see # 15 this week in how he moves. I say that to say that ankle will be so full of 2035 that he won't feel any pain until February. No seriously!

2) It'll be cold and loud so whats the best way to quiet a crowd. You run the football and play down and distance. If one guy isn't working go to the other. This isn't a who has the best weapons game Zac! Stick to the script.

3) Lou just be what you've always been against KC & don't change anything outside of maybe blitzin
g earlier. Thats why I'd like to be on defense first..

4) Joe sent out a nugget in a presser hyping up the Chief rookie cornerbacks. Now the modest wouldn't see it but I just smiled. The growth in him has been his check down game and not force feeding his weapons. He'll continue that to eliminate pressure.

5) Can the unit continue to play as such without three starters? I'm not sure but that was a performance last week for " The Pack" ... Joe may fall a few times this week but as I said last week. Don't let it be meaningful and we can still fight. Again I don't see this group being the reason! Though I'm not as high on Carman this was a welcomed sight for this organization for many reasons. Duplicate it now because everything is on the line for not only you but your city. I think that you & Adeniji will be just fine again.
https://youtu.be/pBuN2QzfI6M

6) Oh & Eli Apple/ Mike Hilton. Just don't be the reason because well " You Said It" Ok! One of you should get a turnover right.... We'll see but I think CTB sends us to a second straight SB.

Bengals 20
Chiefs 14

I actually feel like this matchup with Frank Clark favors Carman over Williams.  Jonah may be (a lot) more experienced and a little quicker, but there is no doubt Carman is stronger at the point of attack.  He simply doesn't get bullrushed.  Jonah may have been less effective due to nagging injuries, but he was less effective than he has ever been.  The stronger, fresher Carman could actually be a bonus if he can do it again.

Adeniji offers a different skill set than Collins.  Quicker, longer, but not nearly as strong at the point of attack.  Since they altered the line scheme early on, I think it might better suit the more athletic Adeniji.  I sure won't hold his performance at guard against him.  He was very solid and had a couple really nice plays in the run game.  What I liked best was zero penalties.  

The weather will not be as sloppy and it will be a better defense.  Definitely a bigger test for the big boys, but I think they will be up to the challenge.  
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: The only matchups that worry me is the offensive line (although coming off a fantastic effort in Buffalo) against a much better front four and Pacheco running the ball if they do the uncharacteristic two TE sets and try to pound the ball.   Almost like facing Baltimore again, but a better offensive line.  They could do that to try and protect Mahomes.  

That's a great idea for KC, in theory.  It's tougher in practice.  That's not really how KC operates if their stars are healthy and they don't have limitations.  Baltimore lines up and plays like that every single week.  I think KC has capable personnel, but switching up the entire game plan against an elite opponent in the most important game of your season is less than ideal for them.

In short, if you tell me that the biggest thing I have to worry about from the KC offense is Pacheco and multiple TE sets like the Ravens, then I'm thanking god that I don't have to worry about the best qb in the league taking the top off of my defense and making superman throws all day.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 28

Chiefs 17

Think we get after Mahomes and Bates shows why he’s going to get a huge deal somewhere else next season.

Mixon to rush for 2 tds and Chase to break 100 yards again.
Reply/Quote