Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals @ Chiefs Predictions
38-27 Chiefs
Reply/Quote
45-21 Chiefs
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 34-30.

I gave a more in-detph analysis of the game in my no chance thread.

Honestly, the only way I see a win being possible is if three things happen:

1. The Bengals consistently have long, sustained drives that end in at least 3 points.

2. The defense adopts a bend but don't break philosophy that's successful in limiting the big throws/plays and makes crucial stops in the red zone.

3. Our entire D-line rebounds from Sunday and actually stops the run for once this season.

Point 1 can happen if Dalton and co come ready to play. This is the most likely of the 3 to happen. After that there's a big dropoff though.

Point 2 won't happen for a whole 60 minutes I don't see the secondary minus Dennard keeping the deep routes in check the entire game. WJII can do his job. Dre can do his as long as he's not Dre Craptastic. Our weakest link will be Mcrae who frankly, just isn't that good. Gone are the days where our secondary call roll with anyone.

There's zero chance of point 3 happening, and this is where I predict things will be at their worst. 2 can't happen if Kareem Hunt is consistently making plays because it opens up the play action against a defense that (A), isn't afraid to blitz, and (B); has a below average linebacker core that looks to be even worse after Burfict gets the hammer (It will happen. We need to accept that).

I didn't mention stopping the tight ends because I think everyone knows that just ain't happening. It hasn't when we've had better LB groups and it's not going to happen when we've arguably fielded the worst LB group we've had in years.

So with all this said, you're probably wondering why I have the Bengals winning a close game.

The answer is simple: Clutch plays.

The Bengals have a knack of staying within reach and making the plays needed to win. I expect highlight reel plays on offense and/or clutch turnovers putting us over the top.

Have faith. Bengals have done it a lot this year and I could totally see it happen against an Andy Reid team.
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Chiefs 28

They bounce back and win a big AFC game on the road.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably another shootout. Their defense is struggling as well. Hill will catch 32 passes going across the middle, and Austin will throw up his hands like well there's nothing you can do about that. We will get one INT when Hill and Kelce collide racing each other to the empty middle of the field. They'll get an extra TD from their special teams. 45-35 Chiefs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
My heart says that we have a chance, my brain is thinking that KC absolutely wipes the floor with us after a tough loss this week.

38-24 Chiefs
Reply/Quote
This is one of those games where its hard to predict a winner. So for arguments sake, I'll say its a tie. 34-34. Hopefully KC is about to go down hill like they do every year and we can pull something out of our a**.

Keys to victory: Mixon. Mixon. WJ3 needs to be on Hill every snap and Bates on Kelce. If they can find a way to stop Hunt then that'd be great too. And Mixon. If our defense can show a little bit of life next Sunday then I think we'll be okay.

In my eyes, this is a must win game.

Edit: Fire Austin. And more Mixon.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals watch this before the game......they have a shot!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7HD2xG92-0
Reply/Quote
Chiefs 31
Bengals 21

We have trouble stopping bum tight ends image what Travis Kelce will do to us ? He might break a record for yards from a tight end in one game. Karem Hunt is a very good back and will run all over us. Have zero faith Austin is compentant enough to put together a sensible game plan. Bengals lose to the Steelers and to a good team in prime time and repeat the same narratives as Bengal teams of the past.
Reply/Quote
If the offense continues it trend....this a tough call, it should be a high scoring affair.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I was really hoping to pull out a big win against Pittsburgh because I think this game could get ugly. It's in KC and their offense is electric. Cincinnati has the offense to keep pace but they won't be able to sustain scoring drives like KC, I think. I'm going 38-24 KC.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be a great day to be a Bengals fan! Good guys 38 - 35.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Chiefs 56-35. Season over.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 07:20 AM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: 38-27 Chiefs

In keeping with the overall tone of the day--Chiefs 4000-Bengals  -10.  In fact, I'm going on record as saying we will never win another game.  Never.  Never ever. 

I really hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if I am.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: Chiefs 56-35. Season over.

Even if that happens the season is not over. Bengals have plenty of talent and just need to get healthy. 

Believe as before season we are a year away still per OL being so bad. 

But have enough talent and heart to still make some noise this year. 

Believe we will go further than Pittsburgh even. 

24-20 Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
cincy always wins a game every year that in which on paper they are out matched.
Bengals 27 Chiefs 24
Reply/Quote
Marvin will have this team fine tuned and ready to go into Arrowhead on Sunday Night Football ready to kick the Chiefs arse.

Bengals lose 17 - 49
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
41 -17 Chiefs.

Unfortunately a complete tail whoopin'
Reply/Quote
47-24 Chiefs

This shit defense of ours is going to be eaten alive by the hot Chiefs offense....and on primetime to boot!! Whoever made the decision to flex this will be out of a job cause the game will be over by half at the latest.
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs message board doesn't even look at the Bengals as a speed bump. There's not a prediction thread but there is a circle j about what an awesome loss last night was for them, and how the defense hasn't been invented that can stop them. There may also be a petition to drop the five year rule on the HoF and making Mahomes the first ever active inductee.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote