Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Could Get Early Game Help Sunday
(10-05-2022, 08:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: Take a moment you youngins to appreciate the glory of getting old..We get to take "power naps" whenever we damned well feel like it..Pregame, during the game and post game..and Tuesday afternoons.. While the rest of you are still slaving at your jobs we old folks can take naps whenever we want.. 
I know what you're thinking.."I'm never going to get old."  Here's a clue..In order for that to happen you gotta be pronounced dead at the scene first.. 
Enjoy that power nap Kevin. You earned it.. lol 

I don't think you know youngins of today.

All they do is sleep.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 12:18 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Dunno, Baker Mayfield has looked like a Hall of Famer against the Bengals the last few times they met.  

With a good running game and defense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, with the way our defense is palying none of those QB's really scare me.

Exactly. Don't get me wrong, I firmly expect to go 3-2 or something like that. Few things go according to plan. I just wouldn't blame the Bengals for feeling confident right now. They may conceivably not lose again until Thanksgiving. Given how the season started... wow.
Reply/Quote
Before this completely drifts away from the early games Sunday into ramblings on other topics. I want to touch base on some people hate Steelers, don't like Ravens, but are OK with Ohio's other team Browns. I am not. I hope San Diego clobbers the Browns Sunday and the Chargers QB is just the guy to do it. Sam Wyche said it Best : " Remember You Don't Live In Cleveland ".

I'm also hoping lightning strikes twice. Before last Sunday I posted that Bengals win over Miami could get even better if Browns, Steelers and Ravens lose their 1 PM games. Well, that happened. So I'm hoping the luck continues with another thread this week that Browns and Steelers could lose their 1 PM games and Bengals could beat the Ravens Sunday Night. Again, I'm not excluding Ohio's other team, I hope the Chargers QB picks them apart. This is not Hate. It's just the Standings. I want to see Our Bengals sitting alone on top of the AFC North after Week 5.

I also want to chat with Grampahol. I can't watch sports on TV from London Game at 9 AM to around Midnight's end of Bengals Game. I can't do 15 hours of TV sports. So I'll be selective. I'll root for Browns and Steelers to lose from 1 to maybe 4:30. Then I will turn off TV Sports for a much needed break with Our Bengals coming on TV in 4 hours around 8 PM or so. I will set my cell phone alarm clock in case I fall asleep waiting for Our Bengals. I better not eat too much because it would be like Thanksgiving sleeping away. I'll eat towards end of Bengals Game. Once Bengals start, I get too hyper to ever fall asleep as I'm glued in to every play. So I said power nap, and that can be 10 or 15 minutes. Of course I probably won't be able to sleep before a Bengals Game. Probably best if I skip the game in London early, and is that in London Kentucky or London Ohio ? Anyway Grampahol, GO BENGALS and WHO DEY and NEW DAY. Joe Burrow took us to the Super Bowl and he is back for more because like in The Big Lebowski, " The Dude Abides "., and the Cowboy ends the movie saying he finds comfort in those words. Joe Burrow, " The Dude Abides ".

Tiger Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:31 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me either and at the end of the day we just have to take care of our own business anyway.

Me either.
Reply/Quote
No Steelers or Browns wins.

For the Steelers, I'd like to see them have a double-digit loss season, and for the Browns, well, they're the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 08:34 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Although I don't think it would be possible for me to actually root for the steelers if I watched that game, it would probably be better for the Bengals if the steelers pulled a massive upset and beat the Bills.

Here is why:

The Bills would then be 3-2, with 2 AFC losses.  That would put them in a tie with Cincy if they beat the ratbirds, but would lose the most likely tiebreaker, if it came to that.  I know, early to think of tie breakers, but it is still an advantage.

Also, pitt wins to go 2-3 and keep them more in the middle of the draft, avoiding a top 5 pick.  

I was very scared of a healthy Chargers team (more so than the Browns) so a loss to Cleveland won't kill me, but I will be pulling for LA (I am so proud of myself for not starting to type San Diego, as I have the past 1000 times).  

we play the bills....so how they do against the Stealers is pretty moot.  first tie breaker is head to head.  we could have an 11-2 afc record and bills 8-5.   if that other loss is to the bills, afc record is meaningless. kill the freaking Steelers....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, with the way our defense is palying none of those QB's really scare me.

Fun fact... The Bengals have never beaten Andy Dalton, and are like 1 - 7 or something against Baker Mayfield. The defense has been pretty solid all year, but we've still managed to lose to Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush led teams. We shouldn't be looking past Baltimore anyway.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 09:23 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Sorry can't even force myself to pull for the steelers even if it may help.

Honestly, I am with you.  Here's what I want for the steelers:  6=11.  Draft pick purgatory.  Can't get a top pick and won't sniff the playoffs.  And I want it for a decade.  A couple 3-14 seasons mixed in where the best QB available is some small school project that continues their series of bad QB drafts.  I want top WRs questioned by the media when they are drafted by pittsburgh if they are best to hold out and get a position on another team. 

I want to see that piss yellow stadium empty on game days.  Let's see how loyal the masses of fat, in-bred, unemployed, live-in-mom's basement support that type of team.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:02 AM)tms Wrote: I hadn't even looked at it but the five games after Sunday are all absolutely winnable... and by absolutely winnable, I mean it's hard to imagine a loss if they play even close to expectations:

@ NO
vs ATL
@ CLE
vs CAR
@ PIT

Yeah yeah, any given Sunday, etc. But still. Beat BAL and I'd say an 8-game winning streak is a fair expectation. Let's get it

I did the same thing.  A win Sunday Night could continue a very nice run.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 11:54 PM)jason Wrote: Fun fact... The Bengals have never beaten Andy Dalton, and are like 1 - 7 or something against Baker Mayfield. The defense has been pretty solid all year, but we've still managed to lose to Mitch Trubisky and Cooper Rush led teams. We shouldn't be looking past Baltimore anyway.

Cooper Rush is 3-0 this season....
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I just can't root for anyone other team in the AFCN to win. The more losses they accumulate, the better chances of winning the Division, which is the best way into the playoffs. 

Like I said earlier, I don't think I can physically do it, but the steelers are no threat to make the playoffs.  They are one of the worst teams in the league.  Pulling off a huge upset in Buffalo (like last year with a blocked punt for a TD) would be much better for the Bengals as I believe both Cincy and Buffalo are playoff teams and I am still holding out hope for the #1 seed.  

Every playoff game at Paycor?  Yes, please.  I know it will be very tough, but we are competing against Buffalo and likely KC for that honor.  Maybe Denver, but I just don't see it.  Should Buffalo get knocked off by pitt, it would almost erase the week 1 debacle.  Long shot, but would be cool.  I probably can't watch it, though.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 10:17 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I rooted for the Steelers last year, when they eliminated the Browns from the playoffs on Monday night and we faced the Browns in Cleveland the next week and we let our starters rest as we went through the playoffs rested. That was our bye week and it was important. Sunday night of the same week the Raiders played an exhausting overtime win over the Chargers. 

The Bengals resting for the tired Raiders was all caused by the Steelers beating the Browns cementing first place for us. Sometimes you have to root for one villain[steelers] when he fights another villain[browns].

P.S. I had to take a shower after rooting for the Steelers.  Sick  That win by the Steelers propelled them into the playoffs a feat nobody thought they could achieve. 

That is why I want the #1 seed so badly.  You get a bye week.  I know it didn't work out for the Titans last year, but that extra week to rest and get healthy could be so incredible.  The Bengals had three straight tough playoff games before the Super Bowl.  I am still amazed at that run.  
A bye week in the beginning of the playoffs would be huge.  It isn't impossible with Joe and this defense.  They are 2-2 and haven't come close to clicking yet.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 08:49 AM)grampahol Wrote: Take a moment you youngins to appreciate the glory of getting old..We get to take "power naps" whenever we damned well feel like it..Pregame, during the game and post game..and Tuesday afternoons.. While the rest of you are still slaving at your jobs we old folks can take naps whenever we want.. 
I know what you're thinking.."I'm never going to get old."  Here's a clue..In order for that to happen you gotta be pronounced dead at the scene first.. 
Enjoy that power nap Kevin. You earned it.. lol 

To quote Clint Eastwood:  "Don't let the old man in"
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 08:47 PM)dr tarzan Wrote: we play the bills....so how they do against the Stealers is pretty moot.  first tie breaker is head to head.  we could have an 11-2 afc record and bills 8-5.   if that other loss is to the bills, afc record is meaningless.   kill the freaking Steelers....

First tie-breaker is not head to head when there are multiple teams in the tie.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 08:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Like I said earlier, I don't think I can physically do it, but the steelers are no threat to make the playoffs.  They are one of the worst teams in the league.  Pulling off a huge upset in Buffalo (like last year with a blocked punt for a TD) would be much better for the Bengals as I believe both Cincy and Buffalo are playoff teams and I am still holding out hope for the #1 seed.  

Every playoff game at Paycor?  Yes, please.  I know it will be very tough, but we are competing against Buffalo and likely KC for that honor.  Maybe Denver, but I just don't see it.  Should Buffalo get knocked off by pitt, it would almost erase the week 1 debacle.  Long shot, but would be cool.  I probably can't watch it, though.  

If the Steelers beat the Bills this year as they did last year, coupled with their win over the Bengals, the Steelers would not be considered one of the worst teams in the league.

No one and I mean no one thought they would make the playoffs last year. 

If their new QB is any good he will be an upgrade over Big Ben who last year was good enough to squeak some wins through that if they had a dynamic QB they would have been a much better team.

The Steelers are not that bad, I mean they beat the Bengals @ Cincy, right? When the dust is clear in late December look for them at least sniffing the playoffs. IF their new QB is any good. Tribisky is not good at all. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think you know youngins of today.

All they do is sleep.

You know what happens when you sleep?

You get NO INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!1!!!!!  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:41 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If the Steelers beat the Bills this year as they did last year, coupled with their win over the Bengals, the Steelers would not be considered one of the worst teams in the league.

If their new QB is any good he will be an upgrade over Big Ben who last year was good enough to squeak some wins through that if they had a dynamic QB they would have been a much better team.

The Steelers are not that bad, I mean they beat the Bengals @ Cincy, right? When the dust is clear in late December look for them at least sniffing the playoffs. IF their new QB is any good. Tribisky is not good at all. 

Bottom line, if the Stealer's record is anywhere close to getting them a Wild Card spot, the refs will help ensure they get enough wins at the end of the season. I really want them to lose out....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:41 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If the Steelers beat the Bills this year as they did last year, coupled with their win over the Bengals, the Steelers would not be considered one of the worst teams in the league.

Homie...with all due respect, the Steelers suck donkey ass. They have a "decent" defense when Watt is in but their offense is offensive. Their RB is average and their WRs are overrated. 

To make it worse (better, for AFCN opponents) their QBs are ass as well. Kenny Pick it!!!! maybe end up being decent in spurts but he's a backup quality quarterback and biscuit it hot shit on toast. 

To sum it up; **** that team and everything about them and enjoy your time in last place ya rancid yinzer blumpkins. 

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:45 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You know what happens when you sleep?

You get NO INJURIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!1!!!!!  Mellow

I could dispute that but...it's more of a "guy talk" thing and there are womens around, so...i'll just say

you dirty bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rant Rant Rant Rant 

Reply/Quote