Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Could Get Early Game Help Sunday
(10-06-2022, 08:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: First tie-breaker is not head to head when there are multiple teams in the tie.  

uhh....no.

the first tie breaker no matter how many teams is ALWAYS  head to head...   look it up.

conference record tie breaker is somewhere around #3   maybe even #4 on the list
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Cooper Rush is 3-0 this season....

It's ridiculous that he isn't 2-2.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Homie...with all due respect, the Steelers suck donkey ass. They have a "decent" defense when Watt is in but their offense is offensive. Their RB is average and their WRs are overrated. 

To make it worse (better, for AFCN opponents) their QBs are ass as well. Kenny Pick it!!!! maybe end up being decent in spurts but he's a backup quality quarterback and biscuit it hot shit on toast. 

To sum it up; **** that team and everything about them and enjoy your time in last place ya rancid yinzer blumpkins. 

I think and I hope that I am wrong, but I think Kenny Pick It >> Pig Ben.
I also don't want the Steelers to suck so bad they get good draft picks. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 02:01 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I think and I hope that I am wrong, but I think Kenny Pick It >> Pig Ben.
I also don't want the Steelers to suck so bad they get good draft picks. 

Are you talking about talent, ability to produce stats, or what? When I first read your statement, I thought, "Ben was the QB on two Super Bowl winning teams." From that framework, Pick It > Pig Ben means Pick It is winning a couple of Super Bowls. Do you think he's that capable of a QB that he can contribute to Super Bowl victories for the Steelers?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2022, 01:24 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think you know youngins of today.

All they do is sleep.

Wait till starvation kicks in. It has a way of focusing the mind..when you're 30 and 105 pounds you tend to go find a job..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 09:41 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If the Steelers beat the Bills this year as they did last year, coupled with their win over the Bengals, the Steelers would not be considered one of the worst teams in the league.

No one and I mean no one thought they would make the playoffs last year. 

If their new QB is any good he will be an upgrade over Big Ben who last year was good enough to squeak some wins through that if they had a dynamic QB they would have been a much better team.

The Steelers are not that bad, I mean they beat the Bengals @ Cincy, right? When the dust is clear in late December look for them at least sniffing the playoffs. IF their new QB is any good. Tribisky is not good at all. 

steelers are very top-heavy with minimal depth.  They lost Watt for a few weeks (likely more) and their defense suffered tremendously
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:54 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: uhh....no.

the first tie breaker no matter how many teams is ALWAYS  head to head...   look it up.

conference record tie breaker is somewhere around #3   maybe even #4 on the list

It is head to head among the multiple clubs.  My point is that the Bengals beating the Bills week 17 doesn't automatically give them the advantage if there are multiple clubs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 02:04 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Are you talking about talent, ability to produce stats, or what? When I first read your statement, I thought, "Ben was the QB on two Super Bowl winning teams." From that framework, Pick It > Pig Ben means Pick It is winning a couple of Super Bowls. Do you think he's that capable of a QB that he can contribute to Super Bowl victories for the Steelers?

LOL, SMH, Pick It >> Pig Ben of 2020, 2021.

Did I really have to explain that?  Whatever  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 02:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: steelers are very top-heavy with minimal depth.  They lost Watt for a few weeks (likely more) and their defense suffered tremendously

Your 2 points are noted and acknowledged.

Yet you ignored the points that I made.

You stated the Steelers are one of the worst teams in the NFL. 
I said "IF" they beat the Bills as they did last year then the Steelers would have beaten the Bills AND the Bengals and just that makes them an average team and NOT one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

The Steelers with their new QB maybe, maybe a better offensive team than the 2021 Steelers. The 2021 Steelers who ranked poorly in Run Defensive. The 2021 Steelers made the playoffs and were a half-game in the standings from the Bengals. Let that run through your mind a bit. Mike Tomlin like him or not was the reason for the Steelers making the playoffs, but I think his luck may run out with never having a losing season this year. 

I think Pig Ben held the Steelers back as he did not have an arm any more and he had to do short passes and dump offs and their offense was horrible mainly because of him. That said their backup QB's were worse. I think Tribisky is worse than Pig Ben, I don't know about their rookie QB yet.
Reply/Quote
We so need to win this Sunday night game.One of the more important games of the year.Hoping our defense is up to the challenge.
Reply/Quote
OP is right about everything, including the importance of nap taking.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 05:48 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Your 2 points are noted and acknowledged.

Yet you ignored the points that I made.

You stated the Steelers are one of the worst teams in the NFL. 
I said "IF" they beat the Bills as they did last year then the Steelers would have beaten the Bills AND the Bengals and just that makes them an average team and NOT one of the worst teams in the NFL. 

The Steelers with their new QB maybe, maybe a better offensive team than the 2021 Steelers. The 2021 Steelers who ranked poorly in Run Defensive. The 2021 Steelers made the playoffs and were a half-game in the standings from the Bengals. Let that run through your mind a bit. Mike Tomlin like him or not was the reason for the Steelers making the playoffs, but I think his luck may run out with never having a losing season this year. 

I think Pig Ben held the Steelers back as he did not have an arm any more and he had to do short passes and dump offs and their offense was horrible mainly because of him. That said their backup QB's were worse. I think Tribisky is worse than Pig Ben, I don't know about their rookie QB yet.

You are right, if they pull out a huge upset and beat the Bills, then I will have to re-evaluate.  Perhaps their QB (and their OC) was holding them back and the playcalling demoralized them.  Tomlin gets a lot of praise for his above .500 record, but for a lot of his career both the Browns and the Bengals were 4 Ws on the schedule.  I think he is a great motivator, which was always one of my biggest complaints against Marv.  

Last year's team has no bearing on what I believe about this year's team.  Piggy was fat (should have said fatter) and had no arm, but had the experience to know where to go with the ball and they made the playoffs.  Kudos to them for that.  This year, they lost a key piece on their defensive interior and starting CB.  A lot of the rest of the teams in the NFL took major steps this past season.  The Dolphins, Jets, and Jags all finished behind pitt in the standings last year and I believe they flew by them this season, and that is just in the AFC.  

This year's steeler team would be 0-4 staring at an 0-5 start if the Bengals could have executed one of two chip shot kicks in week 1.  Until Pickett proves he is more than a runner on short yardage (he won't last) and doesn't throw 3 INT every 13 attempts, I will stick by my analysis that the steelers are one of the worst teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 02:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: steelers are very top-heavy with minimal depth.  They lost Watt for a few weeks (likely more) and their defense suffered tremendously

If I'm factoring right, I think the Stealers are now 0-7 when they don't have Watt.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 05:27 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: LOL, SMH, Pick It >> Pig Ben of 2020, 2021.

Did I really have to explain that?  Whatever  

No, but you chose to reply. Ha! 
Reply/Quote
2 weeks in a Row my threads I started got lucky. Last week with all AFC North losing after Bengals won. This week Browns and Steelers Losing before Bengals play. Since the thread got lucky last week, I figured go for more luck this week.

NOW....For Bengals to take care of business and BEAT BALTIMORE

GO BENGALS

Tiger Who Dey Who Dey Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2022, 11:54 AM)dr tarzan Wrote: uhh....no.

How do you do head to head with three teams? A beat B, B beat C and C beat A.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote