SportingNews.com: Eric Galko OT – Brian O’Neill, Pittsburgh

WalterFootball.com S - Derwin James, Florida State

BleacherReport.com: Ryan McCrystal S - Derwin James, Florida State

DraftTek.com OT – Brian O’Neill, Pittsburgh

RotoWorld.com: Josh Norris OT – Chukwuma Okorafor, Western Michigan

CBSSports.com: R.J. White OT – Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame

ESPN.com: Mel Kiper, Jr. LB – Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
Reply/Quote
Consensus is they need an offensive tackle lol. I agree...so does Marvin Lewis.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Consensus is they need an offensive tackle lol. I agree...so does Marvin Lewis.

Which is exactly why we will select a WR. They will never see it coming. Sneaky Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
Hoping for McGlinchey. Has better feet than both Connor Williams and Orlando Brown.

Seems pretty high to take Orlando and especially Okorafor. Have heard these guys specifically mentioned in the 2nd.

Really early though so this could be pretty spot on come draft day, yah never know.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Which is exactly why we will select a WR. They will never see it coming. Sneaky Mike Brown.

WR?
WTF?
It's been 2 years since we took a CB. We have several of their contracts coming up soon after this year and the next 5 years, need to reload such an expensive position, dem's high comp pick positions. We be so smart there, we take a 1st round pick this year, rent it for 5 years, then convert it to a bonus 3rd round pick!! That's how you build a dynasty thru the draft!!
Reply/Quote
James is a gift at #12. Then you take a couple of O-lineman, followed by some high upside
LB's....imho
Reply/Quote
I would be shocked if they go Safety in the 1st. Hopefully it’ll be an OT or LB. Biggest needs by far.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would be shocked if they go Safety in the 1st. Hopefully it’ll be an OT or LB. Biggest needs by far.

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They need to really upset the applecart and pick a field goal holder with their number one pick..  They'd definitely have their pick of the BPA.. Nobody would ever see it coming..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:46 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This

concur - OT or LB top needs plus a new center but we will have Bodine again.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hoping for McGlinchey. Has better feet than both Connor Williams and Orlando Brown.

Seems pretty high to take Orlando and especially Okorafor. Have heard these guys specifically mentioned in the 2nd.

Really early though so this could be pretty spot on come draft day, yah never know.

Sounds like Okorafor is "Ced.2." I'm sure Paul Alexander would have wanted to take him in the first round:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/WesternMichigan_logo.gif

[Image: WesternMichigan_logo.gif] Chukwuma Okorafor, OT, Western Michigan
Height: 6-6. Weight: 330.
Projected 40 Time: 5.19.
Projected Round (2018): 4-6.

1/22/18: There were some reports in the media about Okorafor as an early-round tackle prospect. After speaking with some team sources, they weren't enthusiastic about Okorafor. Some sources felt that while Okorafor has some athletic ability, he is a very soft offensive lineman, and they think he is going to get pushed around in the NFL. Those team sources were grading Okorafor on the third day of the 2018 NFL Draft and were against their teams selecting him.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 07:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Consensus is they need an offensive tackle lol. I agree...so does Marvin Lewis.

I think everyone knows the need for improved play at OT.
Where I think a disconnect might be is that the team (as indicated by Hobson) does not consider any OL good enough for pick #12 and will instead address OL in rounds 2-4.
Plus we know the Bengals don't typically draft for need anyway in Round 1 and instead focus more on BPA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think everyone knows the need for improved play at OT.
Where I think a disconnect might be is that the team (as indicated by Hobson) does not consider any OL good enough for pick #12 and will instead address OL in rounds 2-4.
Plus we know the Bengals don't typically draft for need anyway in Round 1 and instead focus more on BPA.

Don’t think many had Ross as BPA at 9 last year.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Don’t think many had Ross as BPA at 9 last year.

Disagree, especially given Williams and Davis were both gone before #9.
Many of the other prospects available at 9 also had question marks so "BPA" was subjective based on the team.
We know the Bengals were high on Ross and it was obvious why...he has elite explosion and was highly productive his last year in college even after his multiple knee surgeries.
Foster had character concerns, size concerns, and health issue IIRC.
Allen had a very concerning health issue and concern over where he would fit best in a 4-3.
Hooker had a health issue at the time and only one year of production.
OJ Howard had concerns of lack of receiving production in college but did show glimpses of his potential and many people said 9 was too early for a TE.
Lattimore, like Hooker, only had one year of production in college.

And I should clarify my previous statement...Bengals don't go "pure" BPA, but BPA does have a lot of weight in their decision in first round (it seems anyway).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 04:09 AM)grampahol Wrote: They need to really upset the applecart and pick a field goal holder with their number one pick..  They'd definitely have their pick of the BPA.. Nobody would ever see it coming..

This.  I'd be ok getting BPA at that position.  Maybe even looking for a backup person in round 2. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would be shocked if they go Safety in the 1st. Hopefully it’ll be an OT or LB. Biggest needs by far.

Yep.  They may like some of the safeties, but they have two starters under contract and glaring needs elsewhere.  I don't envision them upsetting the Williams/Iloka apple cart.  I know it's the Bengals and all, but I don't see how James doesn't take one of their jobs if he's on the roster.  Not the Bengal way.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 11:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think everyone knows the need for improved play at OT.

If I had to take a guess as to what the Bengals will do (assuming Hobson is correct that they won't take O-line with pick #12) my guess would be that they will take Linebacker Roquan Smith.

Just a very early guess based on who may still be there at pick #12 but we could use a high energy tackler with speed that appears to be good in pass coverage as well.

Roquan may not be quite as fast as Ryan Shazier of the Steelers (4.38 forty) but Roquan should run well at the combine.
Reply/Quote

I don't disagree with BPA philosophy, but this year I think they need grab what is needed in RD 1 at least. The way I see it is, Merv is on borrowed time I believe. He has to do something in the next 2 years. 
Reply/Quote

I don't pay much attention to Hobspin. I don't believe he has any more inside information than any other Bengals Reporters. Also Hobspin said that before they even had a new offensive line coach in place to evaluate the talent in the upcoming draft. 

Marvin has recently come out and said Ced has had 2 years and he has held the team back. I think that's Marvin's way of saying it's time to move on so if there is a tackle they like at 12 I would guess they jump on him in a heartbeat.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 01:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't disagree with BPA philosophy, but this year I think they need grab what is needed in RD 1 at least. The way I see it is, Merv is on borrowed time I believe. He has to do something in the next 2 years. 

I've always preferred a BPA-need mix.
I think it's safe to say the two biggest areas of need are OT, LB, and C.
Therefore, if it were me, the pick would be BPA for one of those three positions.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote