Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Early Mock Draft Concensus
(02-02-2018, 12:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I would be shocked if they go Safety in the 1st. Hopefully it’ll be an OT or LB. Biggest needs by far.

I agree....
I know there may be a quality S & LB on the board at 12 but I bet we pick one of the OT's
seems Williams is better as a road grader while McGlinchey may be a tad quicker so better in pass protection...
I've also heard McGinchey may be better as a RT where Williams could play LT....
so that means it'll probably be Williams....

rd #2-3 & 4  BPA ...LB, S, OG or OC
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 09:44 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Dennard sucks in the slot bc his hops are too stiff. I think Dre k would Excel in the slot. I loved the Russell pick up. We need to get rid of the Dre k contract. But while he's here he's gonna start and the best place for him to succeed is the slot bc it damn sure ain't the boundary. 

What are you saying there?  Does he brew undrinkable beer??   LOL

Seriously, I do agree about Dennard being miscast in the slot CB role.  He was arguably the best boundary corner in the Nation, in his time at Mich. St.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you saying there?  Does he brew undrinkable beer??   LOL

Seriously, I do agree about Dennard being miscast in the slot CB role.  He was arguably the best boundary corner in the Nation, in his time at Mich. St.

I meant hips lol. But yes he would do much better as boundary CB
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 12:46 AM)Go Cards Wrote: This

yeah, Fej has proven to be pretty decent depth. George is solid enough. S. Williams III has gotten progressively better.  We could stand to upgrade at the position, but it's nowhere near the priority at LT. Quentin Nelson probably won't be there, but if he is . .  I'd still pick him and try to move up in the 7th in order to get the best LT or LB who slipped to the 2nd round. Did anyone here think that Lwson would be there in the 4th Round last year? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 01:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Wjiii is a star. But I wanted Micheal Thomas there. Just think. We could have had Micheal Thomas with that selection and then lattimore this past year. Oh well hindsight 20/20. Dennard over his career has been much better on the outside than the slot. The think about Dre k is the holding penalties. He grabs too much.

Thomas and AJ would have been amazing.

But I'm totally happy with Wjiii.

I disagree with you about Dre.   He has no lateral speed.  He is good on long routes or longer developing routes.  He just does not have the change of direction skills necessary to be a complete corner.   And he's a horrible tackler.   I think he's way over paid.

Dennard did SO much better this year in the slot, though I agree with you that his strength was press coverage on the outside in college.

And I would not be totally sick if we picked up one of the corners at 12.  To  me we only had one shut down corner last year.  It would be nice to have another.  And you can never have enough of them.

I agree with others who say that Marvin goes defense in the first round.  It could be a smoke screen, but I've never known Marvin and the Bengals to be good at that.  The consensus has been in the local media that they will not go OL in the first round - possibly the first 2.
Reply/Quote