Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Fan Trivia (Put Your Knowledge to the Test!)
(02-07-2021, 04:13 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Fwiw, this dude was drafted in 2001.

Yeah... I googled him. He wasn't exactly hangin' with Freddie Solomon, and smoking in the weight room. I can't believe I have zero recollection of him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 04:17 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I googled him. He wasn't exactly hangin' with Freddie Solomon, and smoking in the weight room. I can't believe I have zero recollection of him.

How can you possibly forget this?

[Image: sean-brewer-50ea8874-b8b2-4515-9584-decf...e-750.jpeg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 06:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How can you possibly forget this?

[Image: sean-brewer-50ea8874-b8b2-4515-9584-decf...e-750.jpeg]

Well... I may have a new all time favorite former Bengal. Who do I blame for his lack of success here? I'm sure someone was holding him back.

Also fairly certain he was puffing on Newports not Marlboros.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 06:59 PM)jason Wrote: Well... I may have a new all time favorite former Bengal. Who do I blame for his lack of success here? I'm sure someone was holding him back.

Also fairly certain he was puffing on Newports not Marlboros.

Frank Verducci!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's super boring this time of year, and it seems like many of us are just running in circles in older threads so I thought I'd try to start a trivia thread.

These questions are just going to be off of the top of my head just to keep it to where I think they're not impossible and to save me from a bunch of research.  I'm going to try to word some of them in a way that isn't easily googleable (not sure if this is a word).  Some of course you will be able to look up, or research but let's all try to abide by the honor system; no cheating.

Feel free to pose questions of your own.

*** NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO PLAY JUST QUOTE THE OP WITHOUT SCROLLING DOWN TO OTHER REPLIES!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind? Chad Johnson and TJ

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's? Melvin Tuten - A John Madden favorite if I recall correctly

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident? Stanley Wilson

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for? no idea

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's? Harold Green

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL? No idea

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind?

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for?

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD?

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior?

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"?

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with? Massillon

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names) AJ Green, Clint Boling, Geno Atkins - Not sure of the last one.

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college? Dartmouth???

15.) What was the name of our old practice field? We have a practice field?

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals? ???

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q. ???

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college? ???

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard? ??? Don't listen to game radio.

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's. Pickens and Scott

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind? - Beavers and Oregon

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's? - Idk

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident? - Mike Brown

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for? - Oh I know this one, UTEP

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's? - idk

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL? - Idk, Tennessee?

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind? - The Marlboro Man of course

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for? - I should know this, but I can't remember. Michigan?

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD? - Bruce Gradkowski?

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior? - Honestly I know nothing of the 90's. Or really anything pre -05 and barely half of anything since then lol

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"? - Ickey Woods?

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with? idk

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names) - AJ Green, David Pollack, Odell Thurman, and Geno Atkins? Pollack was the reason I chose to be a Bengals fan as I was a Bulldogs fan for a few years before I decided to get into and pick an NFL team.

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college? Brown University

15.) What was the name of our old practice field? Not Indoor Practice Facility

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals? - idk

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q. Quit asking me these 90's questions. Haven't most people purged that decade? Or most of it.

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college? Miami? Oh man it was East Carolina I knew that.

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard? Don't listen to the radio

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's. -idk

Man where was the questions from when we was good. I guess maybe a few of those 90's questions was from our Super Bowl team, but the only person I know from that team is Boomer, Ickey and Anthony Munoz.
Reply/Quote
Am I the only idiot on here that didn't know that Mike Brown played QB at the college level?
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 04:38 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Am I the only idiot on here that didn't know that Mike Brown played QB at the college level?

No I had no clue. But as I miserably failed the quiz I'm not sure how much comfort that is to you.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2021, 04:58 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: No I had no clue. But as I miserably failed the quiz I'm not sure how much comfort that is to you.

I got 15 or so correct,  but I didn't know about Mike playing QB in college until I joined the boards. A lot of stuff gets discussed on here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 04:16 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: It's super boring this time of year, and it seems like many of us are just running in circles in older threads so I thought I'd try to start a trivia thread.

These questions are just going to be off of the top of my head just to keep it to where I think they're not impossible and to save me from a bunch of research.  I'm going to try to word some of them in a way that isn't easily googleable (not sure if this is a word).  Some of course you will be able to look up, or research but let's all try to abide by the honor system; no cheating.

Feel free to pose questions of your own.

*** NOTE: IF YOU WANT TO PLAY JUST QUOTE THE OP WITHOUT SCROLLING DOWN TO OTHER REPLIES!!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.) When I say Oregon State what two things come to mind? Chad Johnson and TJ Housh

2.) What "rootin tooting" OL did we draft out of Syracuse in the 1990's? No idea

3.) What player missed the Superbowl in 1989 due to an off the field incident? Stanley Wilson

4.) What college did Jordan Palmer play for? UTEP

5.) Which running back broke our 1,000 yards rushing drought in the early 90's? Harold Green

6.) What memorable college program was Bob Bratowski the OC for before breaking into the NFL? No idea.

7.) If I say "Marlboro" what person comes to mind? Bruce Coslet

8.) What college did Chris Henry play for? West Virginia

9.) Who attemped a left-handed pass (non throwing hand) that was returned for a TD? Gus Frerotte

10.) What FA WR did we sign in the late 90's that had put up a monster year for the Redskins a couple of years prior? Can't remember

11.) What player/musician on the Superbowl team lead the way for creating "Who Dey Rap"? Tim McGee

12.) What High School is Paul Brown associated with? Canton Mckinley

13.) Name the 4 Georgia Bulldogs we've drafted in the first 4 rounds over the last 20 years. (Hint: They're all big names) David Pollack, Geno Atkins, AJ Green, Odell Thurman.

14.) Mike Brown played QB at what college? Harvard

15.) What was the name of our old practice field? Spinney Field

16.) Name the Cincinnati Bearcats QB who is the definition of "what could have been" for the Bengals? Greg Koch

17.) Name a WR in the 90's whose last name started with Q. Jeff Query

18.) Jeff Blake went to what college? East Carolina

19.) Who was Dave Lapham's radio partner before Dan Hoard? Brad Johansen

20.) Name our star WR duo of the mid 90's. Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott
Reply/Quote
I scored all correct because I just said in my mind...Some guy(s)..some school(s), some town(s).. You can't prove me wrong dammit! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote