Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Front Office
(02-27-2023, 01:08 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  I truly have no idea.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Wink

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 01:43 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree that he certainly could structure his contract and take less than market value and get everything he covets. But don't really think he should, he is worth what he is worth. Now structuring it in a team friendly way would be cool. 

Just think keeping Tee and Chase will hamstring this team and shorten Burrow's career per all the hits he will take by not shoring up O-line. Plus him still not having time to go through his reads to make those WR's the most deadly in the NFL per having to throw in 2 seconds.

Think the O-line is closer than we think but still needs one stud, we have good O-linemen but need one great one. Trust me if we ever get a stud O-lineman he will quickly become what Joe wants to keep more than anything else. 

Know its not popular but believe one needs to be traded. Could make a strong case for keeping Tee over Chase per the
$10 million monetary differences it may cost to sign each. Chase is better but when you weigh in the money it probably evens out or makes Tee a little better imo per you get another $10 million player for same price. 

Yet we all know Chase is Burrow's guy, so I don't even entertain this argument knowing Chase is going to stay for sure.  Chase is worthy anyhow per being a complete WR in catching and blocking.  

Love Tee but would trade him for a early to mid 1st round pick if offered. Use that pick to try and add the stud O-lineman in draft and then grab Darnell Washington with the 28th pick. Blocking should be upgraded tremendously and will have TE who can block and still be a weapon catching the ball. Unlike Sample who is really only a good blocker. Hurst and Washington would be a luxury in the passing game yet still help the O-line

Then would replace Tee with 2 WR's instead of trying to just hit on only one. Could either draft WR's in the 2nd and 3rd round or the 2nd pick and add an aging FA vet ring chasing along with the rookie. 

Its not a popular solution and I get it, love all 3 of our WR's as well. But the Bengals are so close and need to take care of business instead of following their heart in personnel decisions. Plus Burrow is the franchise and he has to be protected at all costs. We've already seen that Tee or Chase can get hurt and miss games without effecting the Bengals ability to win games. This is just not the case with Burrow, if he goes down the entire team goes with him.  

It's an old saying that has nothing to do with football but is usually proven correct, never put all your eggs in one basket. I mean what are we talking, $40 million a year for Burrow, $30 for Chase and $20 for Tee equaling $90 million of our cap space ?  Just does not seem feasible to win with this sort of plan. 

plus if the Bengals go all in on Tee and he leaves for a bigger contract to become another teams #1 WR, then the Bengals are left holding the bag. Do not trust his agent to not try and milk every penny he can from whoever he can. 

if they decide to keep Tee ? Then he needs to be signed now so that there is no chance of losing such a commodity and him becoming a one year band aid that could have fetched a nice price in trade and freed up cap space to help in other areas. 

It’s not a great market for trading Tee. Usually big time rookie wide receivers like ROY Garrett Wilson and Chase and Pickens ( Pitt) and others are more attractive due to salaries
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 03:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not a great market for trading Tee. Usually big time rookie wide receivers like ROY Garrett Wilson and Chase and Pickens ( Pitt) and others are more attractive due to salaries

You never know, the Chicago Bears sent what ended up being the 33rd overall pick to the Steelers for Chase Claypool.  There is always some desperate team out there.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 03:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You never know, the Chicago Bears sent what ended up being the 33rd overall pick to the Steelers for Chase Claypool.  There is always some desperate team out there.

steelers actually have the 32nd pick since the dolphins have no 1st round pick. So they basically got a 1st rounder for claypool
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 03:05 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s not a great market for trading Tee. Usually big time rookie wide receivers like ROY Garrett Wilson and Chase and Pickens ( Pitt) and others are more attractive due to salaries

Betting there are teams looking for WR's, and Tee is a great one. Most likely Higgins would be the best WR offered on the trading block if Bengals decide to pursue a trade.

If the Bengals cannot get a top 15 pick for Tee then they should not even consider it without another good pick added. 

But if they want to sink $90 million into only a QB and 2 WR's,  then so be it. 

It could work still if they slay the draft and will still be rooting for the Bengals to succeed even though I think it to be unwise.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2023, 09:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Betting there are teams looking for WR's, and Tee is a great one. Most likely Higgins would be the best WR offered on the trading block if Bengals decide to pursue a trade.

If the Bengals cannot get a top 15 pick for Tee then they should not even consider it without another good pick added. 

But if they want to sink $90 million into only a QB and 2 WR's,  then so be it. 

It could work still if they slay the draft and will still be rooting for the Bengals to succeed even though I think it to be unwise.  

Worst case scenario we trade Tee for a 1st rounder honestly. Sure sounds like we are trying to extend him though from everything
I have been reading. We will see, still think him growing up a Bengals fan and this now pretty much being his extended family he 
will want to stay here over going anywhere else. Might get a tiny discount who knows.
Reply/Quote