Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals GM
(11-29-2018, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The bad part of the deal was accepting a 10M contract on a guy that has served about as well as a similar guy getting the veteran minimum would have.  The only good part was moving back in the draft, I guess.  Heck, they could have entertained suitors on draft day and made that, or a similar trade, and likely came out on the better end.

Keeping Whit would have helped but completely missing on the 2014 and 2015 drafts has killed this team. When you fail as bad as they did it eventually comes back to haunt you.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 10 million for a LT is dirt cheap. 

And I would agree, if he could actually hold his own out there..  Have you not read the number of pressures and sacks that he's given up?  I think that I read that his PFF number is around 61, that's horrible for a starting LT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote:  Keeping Whit would have helped but completely missing on the 2014 and 2015 drafts has killed this team. When you fail as bad as they did it eventually comes back to haunt you.

Teams that don't constantly beat their head against the wall, expecting a positive outcome, also don't keep draft busts around for the entire duration of their contracts...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This team lives and dies by the draft and when it has a few weak ones in a row they are clueless on what to do or refuse to admit their mistakes
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And I would agree, if he could actually hold his own out there..  Have you not read the number of pressures and sacks that he's given up?  I think that I read that his PFF number is around 61, that's horrible for a starting LT.

Yep. The only positive thing I can say about Glenn is he’s been better than Og. He’s been a disappointment.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:25 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This team lives and dies by the draft and when it has a few weak ones in a row they are clueless on what to do or refuse to admit their mistakes

They’ve admitted their mistakes with Og and Fisher. Neither are starters anymore, and Alexander lost his job over it. It just took longer than it should have.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And I would agree, if he could actually hold his own out there..  Have you not read the number of pressures and sacks that he's given up?  I think that I read that his PFF number is around 61, that's horrible for a starting LT.

Yes I have read all of the billions of threads out there from Pistons about how there is no hope and we should trade everyone and everything. I also have seen anylysts and different articles about how Glenn was playing much better than his PFF record would indicate. He has had 4 bad games( Panthers, Falcons, Second raven game, and Saints game) which ruin his grade. If you can find an OT in the draft or free agency fine but I doubt you will and for the price he is at it's not too bad of a deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes I have read all of the billions of threads out there from Pistons about how there is no hope and we should trade everyone and everything. I also have seen anylysts and different articles about how Glenn was playing much better than his PFF record would indicate. He has had 4 bad games( Panthers, Falcons, Second raven game, and Saints game) which ruin his grade. If you can find an OT in the draft or free agency fine but I doubt you will and for the price he is at it's not too bad of a deal.

He was bad enough that the team that drafted him, traded him, in order to let the guy they drafted AFTER him, to develop..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:36 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We moved down nine spots in the draft to get a solid player at a premium position. How was that a bad deal? 
Look I am not a big fan of the front office either but not signing free agents and valuing draft picks isn't the problem. The problems is not resigning guys that were good players and not replacing them. Also keeping guys that are over their prime instead of younger better players is a problem.

You don't fail to win a playoff game for 26+ years in the NFL while most franchises have won atleast 5 over that span...without poor management.

The drafting is bad. The free agent signings are rare and when they do sign one they sign them to a 1 year deal and they go for the cheapest option whether they fit the system or not.

Then, they let free agents go like Whitworth after telling everyone at the combine that he was resigning here. Just total train wreck. And they replace them with draft picks that are busts.

IF you are going to let guys go in free agency that are really good, you need to replace them with good players or you get worse.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 06:53 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Gentlemen,all these thoughts and guessing about who is in charge is worthless to you.The biggest issues for this season is all the key injuries.No team can endure the huge losses this team has.Not any team.The Bengals have had the worse injuries of all teams in nfl this season.I sometimes believe they are crused or snake bit as they say.However,no matter how much we want a change,it will be up to the front office to make it happen.That includes Katy and Pete as well as mike and they will discuss what is best for the organization going forward.I would expect that Marvin will given his opportunity to finish out his contract and see what he can do next year.Who knows.As fans all we can do is voice our thoughts on here.The rest is up to the Bengals organization.WHO-DEY ALL DAY.

How many other NFL Teams actually 'hide' who is in charge? How many companies don't publicize the leadership team?
Reply/Quote

Yep. Glenn has gave up the 2nd most pressures on the team behind Redmond. His PFF number is actually 57.6. He's the #62 rated tackle in the NFL.

Here's an article about how bad he's been:
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/20/pro-football-focus-dive-baker-mayfields-rise-cordy-glenns-fall-cincinnati-bengals-cleveland-browns/2070389002/
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:25 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: This team lives and dies by the draft and when it has a few weak ones in a row they are clueless on what to do or refuse to admit their mistakes

Really...we've had 2 great drafts. Dalton/Green/Boling and Atkins/Dunlap.

The rest of our drafts have been Average to Bad and most of the other good players we drafted like Zeitler/Jones/Sanu are gone. And they were replaced with bad players in most cases...with the exception of Boyd and Bates.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yes I have read all of the billions of threads out there from Pistons about how there is no hope and we should trade everyone and everything. I also have seen anylysts and different articles about how Glenn was playing much better than his PFF record would indicate. He has had 4 bad games( Panthers, Falcons, Second raven game, and Saints game) which ruin his grade. If you can find an OT in the draft or free agency fine but I doubt you will and for the price he is at it's not too bad of a deal.

He's given up 31 pressures on the year. 2 behind Redmond for the team lead.

He's the #62 rated Tackle in the league.

He was injured the past 2 years and the Bills dumped his contract on us because they knew they had a younger, cheaper option.

And Glenn is hurt...AGAIN.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He was bad enough that the team that drafted him, traded him, in order to let the guy they drafted AFTER him, to develop..

Precisely. The Bills knew we were desperate for a Tackle and dumped him on us.

Here's the thing...IF we could afford Glenn's $10 million a year...how could we not afford to keep Zeitler or Whitworth? We know we are going to have tens of millions of cap space for next year too.

The Bengals could have easily kept Whitworth or Zeitler.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Precisely. The Bills knew we were desperate for a Tackle and dumped him on us.

Here's the thing...IF we could afford Glenn's $10 million a year...how could we not afford to keep Zeitler or Whitworth? We know we are going to have tens of millions of cap space for next year too.

The Bengals could have easily kept Whitworth or Zeitler.

Yep, I touched on that in another post.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I touched on that in another post.

Yes. I think that you and I see things fairly similarly.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 09:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Teams that don't constantly beat their head against the wall, expecting a positive outcome, also don't keep draft busts around for the entire duration of their contracts...

When you don't or can't get free agents to sign it really handicaps the team . Relying on hitting a home run in every draft to stay competitive sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:24 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When you don't or can't get free agents to sign it really handicaps the team . Relying on hitting a home run in every draft to stay competitive sucks.

Now, you're starting to get the frustration from the lifelong fans!  I was 11 when the Bengals went to their first Super Bowl.  I'll be 50 in February.  No way in hell, did I ever think that I would get to this age, and not see the Bengals win a title.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, you're starting to get the frustration from the lifelong fans!  I was 11 when the Bengals went to their first Super Bowl.  I'll be 50 in February.  No way in hell, did I ever think that I would get to this age, and not see the Bengals win a title.

January will mark the 30th anniversary of the Bengals last SB appearance.  If you'd told me during that game that the Bengals wouldn't sniff another Super Bowl until at least 2020, I would have said you were insane.  Then I would have went back to watching the cool 3D halftime show.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 10:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now, you're starting to get the frustration from the lifelong fans!  I was 11 when the Bengals went to their first Super Bowl.  I'll be 50 in February.  No way in hell, did I ever think that I would get to this age, and not see the Bengals win a title.

Cry me a river. I have been frustrated since 68. I'm starting to feel like a red sox or cub fan. Lets cook a goat. Anything to break our curse. 
Reply/Quote