Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Get To Look At Blockers In Combine Today On Friday
(03-05-2022, 02:33 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: You and I both know you're asking for too much.

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 01:41 PM)Stewy Wrote: Tape, Sr. Bowl and interviews are where the decisions are made.  Not today's drill results.

I guess that is why no NFL teams send any scouts or coaches to watch these drills.

Rolleyes

No one, not even Kevin, is saying that the decisions will be based just on what we see at the combine.  But people who say these drills are meaningless don't get it either.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm sure they have a handful of guys they already like.
Combine will give them the opportunity to sign off on those guys, second-guess based on their performance, or even add some guys who they might not have had on their radar (small scouting department doesn't have time to look at everyone by Combine).

the real question is do they have a "glass eater" ranking?
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 10:43 AM)kevin Wrote: Tecmo, this was not a blowing off steam thread.  This was a post to remind people it was O Line Day on NFL Network at The Combine.  A position Bengals should be interested in upgrading.  As for rfaulk's point, his only point was to make it very personal in attacking everything I ever post,  He doesn't like me, that's fine.  Since he made it personal, I can say much of what he posts is not all that great. Nothing great or wonderful about his posts. I don't take it personal, since he seems to like to go after a lot of people on here, it's kind of what he lives for. I have had a few tell me I have inspired them with very positive posts about our Bengals. My mention of O Line Combine Day on NFL Network was only to inform it was on.  Certainly we all want Burrow to get some better Blocking so The Bengals Can WIN, and Burrow can stay healthy.

You were only 1 of about 7 people that created a post centered around he offensive line, so it wasn't about you. 

I don't have any reason to dislike you. Sometimes i jab and poke, but i do that to a lot of people and 97% of the time it's in fun. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess that is why no NFL teams send any scouts or coaches to watch these drills.

Rolleyes

No one, not even Kevin, is saying that the decisions will be based just on what we see at the combine.  But people who say these drills are meaningless don't get it either.

yes Mr. Lawyer.

And these drills won't have a large impact on the results either, which was the point.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 01:30 PM)Stewy Wrote: yes Mr. Lawyer.

And these drills won't have a large impact on the results either, which was the point.

Yawn

Drafting is millions of dollar decisions every peice of information is extremely important.

As for the Combine Drills it gets on tape how a player moves and in alot of instances how they can take direction and coaching. Take WRs for instance different systems want them to run routes a certain way. Now at the Combine they will do it the way the coaches want and then at their Pro Day they might have to do it completely different.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 12:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I guess that is why no NFL teams send any scouts or coaches to watch these drills.

Rolleyes

The combine is slightly more aligned towards discovering red flags. Red flags in drills, yes hand size for QB’s and WR. Red Flags on bench press for certain position. Arm length on OL guys. Obviously speed for everyone. Certainly the interviews are skewed towards red flags. But video of competition will always be the most important. And again maybe less so is finding red flags of players taking plays off.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Personally, I hope we don't have to take any of the blockers. The line needs to be fixed in FA.

Same, be looking at depth pieces in this Draft to develop behind proven OL that we get in FA.

Just heard we are interested in Laken Tomlinson and Bradley Bozeman. Would love adding these 2 along with Morgan Moses or 
Trent Brown. Than we can add whoever in the Draft and go BPA all the way.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 03:05 PM)Synric Wrote: Drafting is millions of dollar decisions every peice of information is extremely important.

As for the Combine Drills it gets on tape how a player moves and in alot of instances how they can take direction and coaching. Take WRs for instance different systems want them to run routes a certain way. Now at the Combine they will do it the way the coaches want and then at their Pro Day they might have to do it completely different.
I disagree.  Every piece of information should be used, but not every piece of information is extremely important.  Over weighing combine stats/skills/etc is how you get the workout wonder busts.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 09:54 PM)Stewy Wrote: I disagree.  Every piece of information should be used, but not every piece of information is extremely important.  Over weighing combine stats/skills/etc is how you get the workout wonder busts.

I think these players are a lot closer in talent/potential than many people realize.  Even the high level professionals that work for NFL teams will disagree when it comes down to specific decisions like "who is the #6 OT and who is #7?"

So while workout numbers are not the most important every little thing counts when deciding between players that are very close in talent/potential.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 11:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think these players are a lot closer in talent/potential than many people realize.  Even the high level professionals that work for NFL teams will disagree when it comes down to specific decisions like "who is the #6 OT and who is #7?"

So while workout numbers are not the most important every little thing counts when deciding between players that are very close in talent/potential.

i can agree with that
Reply/Quote