Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Bengals Have Never Won In Play-Offs 2 Years In A Row
No excuse not to this season!

Jackson is a longshot to play this week and Huntley has been very limited in practice. Take care of business whoever it is Tiger
Reply/Quote
Easy fellas, let's lighten up on giving Joe Burrow so much credit.  He was carried in the playoffs last season by the defense and the kicker.  I read this on the internets.....

Reply/Quote
Burrow & Co. (as it couldnt be done without the team) has shattered many bad streaks, I am no longer supersiticious. We just need to beat that SB streak.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 02:38 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Easy fellas, let's lighten up on giving Joe Burrow so much credit.  He was carried in the playoffs last season by the defense and the kicker.  I read this on the internets.....

True, the team did beat the browns finally.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 01:56 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Taking Ja’Marr instead of a tackle seemed suspect at the time, but giving Joe that familiar weapon took everything up a notch.

Truth, I was actually a Pitts guy but Ja'Marr was clearly the right choice and I would of been fine with Penei as well but...

Getting Ja'Marr was instrumental in the Offense adding that crazy, dangerous weapons for Defenses to fear. The topper.

BTW, great avatar. One thing about this team is they have fun. It is a game after all.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:08 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: One thing that I've always thought was interesting is that long time beat writers noted that the team always felt tight when it came to big games under Marvin. They noted it aways seemed tense in the locker room during Steelers week. Since Zac has taken over, they've noted the locker room is looser and Zac let's them embrace big game moments.

Also, crazy stat for me is that if we win this weekend, Zac will be #1 in playoff wins by a Bengals HC at 4.

Well that's partially due to there being fewer playoff games back in the day. It used to be 2 playoff wins and you were in the SB. So those 81 and 88 teams that were were on a streak had fewer games to rack up on the way.

That said, Zac likely would've just needed another year to break it. Not sure why some of our great teams of the past couldn't be more consistent.

(01-11-2023, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well yea, the same way The Golliwogs "improved" into being Creedence Clearwater Revival when John Fogerty took over.

This is completely ignoring that when Zac took over, the Bengals were in need of a total rebuild. Burrow is fantastic, but our defense was low key the biggest reason we made the SB last year.

Zac deserves credit for rebuilding this team and changing the culture. Marvin would've held Burrow back.

Or you could say he would've had Fogerty singing like the dude from Cake.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 10:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well that's partially due to there being fewer playoff games back in the day. It used to be 2 playoff wins and you were in the SB. So those 81 and 88 teams that were were on a streak had fewer games to rack up on the way.

That said, Zac likely would've just needed another year to break it. Not sure why some of our great teams of the past couldn't be more consistent.

This is completely ignoring that when Zac took over, the Bengals were in need of a total rebuild. Burrow is fantastic, but our defense was low key the biggest reason we made the SB last year.

Zac deserves credit for rebuilding this team and changing the culture. Marvin would've held Burrow back.

Or you could say he would've had Fogerty singing like the dude from Cake.

Nothing changes without Burrow.  But like I said, as long as no game ZT coaches without Burrow counts he'll be great. 

ZT changed this team from a 6-10 team to one that was bad enough to draft a franchise savior.

I don't think ZT is a bum, but he's just another piece of this franchise that wasn't that good until Burrow showed up. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 04:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Zac deserves credit for going 2-14 and enabling us to get Burrow.  I'm not sure the guy is a bad coach, but I am sure that losing enough games to get Burrow is the greatest contribution he's made to this franchise.

So yes, I'll hand it to ZT for getting us that franchise-changing 1st overall pick that Marvin never did.  Maybe the guy is a good coach...he sure doesn't win when Burrow doesn't play, though.

I'd rather have Marvin Lewis and Joe Burrow right now than Zac Taylor and Andy Dalton.

Marvin did win that 1st overall pic but selected a quitter in lieu of a winner. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Marvin did win that 1st overall pic but selected a quitter in lieu of a winner. 

How many SBs do you think ZT gets to and wins with Palmer?  What qbout Dalton?  What does ZT do for 20 years without Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How many SBs do you think ZT gets to and wins with Palmer?  What qbout Dalton?  What does ZT do for 20 years without Burrow?

I think he would have succeeded with either, especially Palmer. Remember, when Palmer came out he was all that. It was the rest of the clowns on the team causing distractions they wouldn't get rid of. Zac would have, and did. Palmer was certainly good enough to take the team to the SB, and the year AD hurt his hand he was playing like  the best in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How many SBs do you think ZT gets to and wins with Palmer?  What qbout Dalton?  What does ZT do for 20 years without Burrow?

hypos are always hard to answer,,  we could switch it and say how would Dalton have done with the trio of Wrs Burrow has.. or what if the bengals would have invested in FA under Palmer..   plus we know Burrow really feels ZT has helped his game in the NFL, that says alot

In the end, you are measured by wins/losses so ZT and Burrow are both looking very good over Marvin with Palmer or Dalton
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:31 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: hypos are always hard to answer,,  we could switch it and say how would Dalton have done with the trio of Wrs Burrow has.. or what if the bengals would have invested in FA under Palmer..   plus we know Burrow really feels ZT has helped his game in the NFL, that says alot

In the end, you are measured by wins/losses so ZT and Burrow are both looking very good over Marvin with Palmer or Dalton

Right. You could just as well ask what would have happened if Palmer or Dalton had a QB for a head coach instead of a linebacker coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 02:23 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals could make history by beating Ravens.  From 1968 on, Bengals have never won in play-offs 2 straight years.   This team can do something Sunday that no Bengals team has ever done.  Bengals play-off wins are few.  1981, 1988, 1990, 2021 and that is it.   For all Bengals Fans, I hope Bengals win Sunday, because Bengals Fans sure have suffered through many losing seasons and deserve to have some winning teams for a change.

GO BENGALS

Tiger  Who Dey  Who Dey  Who Dey  Tiger

If we win a PO game, we have a 75% chance to go to the SB. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2023, 11:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Marvin did win that 1st overall pic but selected a quitter in lieu of a winner. 

LeBeau got us that number one pick... And I do have to agree with Nately; the best thing Zac has down here is land us Joe Burrow. Doubling down once we had him (continuing to suck) didn't hurt either. That Ja'Marr guy is pretty good too.

Doesn't matter though. It's playoff time and we need Zac, Lou, Brian, Joe, Jesus, Buddha, or whoever you think is behind this thing we've got going to be on their game tomorrow night... Who Dey.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:56 AM)jason Wrote: LeBeau got us that number one pick... And I do have to agree with Nately; the best thing Zac has down here is land us Joe Burrow. Doubling down once we had him (continuing to suck) didn't hurt either. That Ja'Marr guy is pretty good too.

Doesn't matter though. It's playoff time and we need Zac, Lou, Brian, Joe, Jesus, Buddha, or whoever you think is behind this thing we've got going to be on their game tomorrow night... Who Dey.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I need to tap out here, the wife is a Jaguars fan and I've been hitting the ice beer pretty hard after that first half. 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Thanks for the vote of confidence. I need to tap out here, the wife is a Jaguars fan and I've been hitting the ice beer pretty hard after that first half. 

Duuuval... That game was entertaining as hell. I hope you're serious about drinking ice beer too. Do it again tomorrow night.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:32 AM)jason Wrote: Duuuval... That game was entertaining as hell. I hope you're serious about drinking ice beer too. Do it again tomorrow night.

Indeed. Chargers couldn't move the ball in 2nd half too.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 12:56 AM)jason Wrote: LeBeau got us that number one pick... And I do have to agree with Nately; the best thing Zac has down here is land us Joe Burrow. Doubling down once we had him (continuing to suck) didn't hurt either. That Ja'Marr guy is pretty good too.

The Bengals were supposedly scouting Palmer before he had that Heisman year presumably to take at a lower pick. Then, he had a great year and #1 pick. Kind of like Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Of any playoff game in our history this game is our most favored game and would be our worst loss in history in playoffs.. though I don't see that happening
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2023, 01:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Of any playoff game in our history this game is our most favored game and would be our worst loss in history in playoffs.. though I don't see that happening

A home team favored by 8 or more in a wild card game has lost only once in the last 26 years...so I like their chances.
Reply/Quote