Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals Have No O Line, Need To Add Many New O Line
I did not sit glued to Bengals vs Dolphins, because I knew Dolphins Defense would eat them alive. THEY DID. I saw enough to see Dolphins beat Bengals O Line play after play. Then came the hit knocking Allen out of game and in came Finley. This means The O Line has had Burrow and Allen knocked out of 2 of the last 3 games.

Let me start new paragraph on that. The Bengals O Line has allowed 2 Quarterbacks to be injured in 2 of the last 3 games. Lets face it, this O Line let Dalton get killed every game also. IF you play QB for The Bengals, You will get no Blocking or Pass Protection and No Run Blocking to slow down pass rush.

Now as every year, people have been on here saying The O Line looks pretty good to them, and we should not draft O Line. I must point out that these Fans do not have to get clobbered every play like Bengals QBs over the last 4 years. In this new world where some call everything Fake News. People that loose elections by 7 million votes some think is Fake, and Everything including World Pandemic is Fake, so it is easy to look at this awful O Line and flip that upside down also and say The O Line is just Fine. I tell you now that if Bengals bring back this O Line, they will win only 2 games like 2020 and 2019. I tell you Burrow rehab work will all be wasted effort as the O Line gets him killed in just a game or 2.

In order for The Bengals to compete, they need a whole new O Line. Maybe keep the LT Williams, but the LG, C, RG, RT are all weak and back-ups are weak. Rebuilding The O Line and Protecting Burrow HAS to be The #1 Priority. Not Defense which we also need, but Defense can NOT block for Burrow and Mixon. This does NOT mean a token O Line pick late in the Draft. This team needs to invest money in O Line Free Agents and Top Round Draft Picks at O Line. Bengals need to FIRE the O Line they have that is getting QBs killed every week, and RBs killed also.

The Bengals will be a 2 Win A Year Team until they invest heavy on a New O Line across the board from Tackle to Tackle. This O Line now isn't good enough for semi-pro Arena League. It is A FACT that we have seen every game for the last 4 years. Duke Tobin has brought in Free Agents and Drafted O Line Players that have Stunk. It is time to also FIRE Tobin as simulated GM. I would keep Zac Taylor because I don't think you can judge him on just 2 years, one which was strange COVID year of few practices. But Duke Tobin has been a Flop enough years to be FIRED. Tobin is NOT the person to build NEW DEY, he just isn't.

So get rid of Tobin and get rid of almost all of this O Line OR be content to win just 2 games every year AND be content to see Burrow injured the first games back from very long rehab. To those now wishing we had the Clemson QB, he would get injured in 2 or 3 games also. FIRE TOBIN, BRING IN A WHOLE NEW O LINE, Or JUST SELL THE TEAM. Stop getting QBs killed with this Cheap Cincinnati Way of Doing Things. People not on this site on internet call Bengals " A Cheap Walmart O Line ", and that is what it is. A Cheap Cincinnati Walmart O Line. Like the Rainman Movie, Bengals have to shop at K Mart or Walmart in Cincinnati, and like movie, Cincinnati K Mart or Walmart Sucks. Bengals will Suck until they Stop having Cheap Cincinnati Walmart O Line.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Right on !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
With Williams busting before our very eyes, we really are back at square one when it comes to the Oline (and by square one at least 2 drafts/offseasons away).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: With Williams busting before our very eyes, we really are back at square one when it comes to the Oline (and by square one at least 2 drafts/offseasons away).

What are you talking about? Jonah has been a good player this season so far it sucks he got injured though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jonah is like the only good player we have on that line. It’s about to get real bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 02:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: With Williams busting before our very eyes, we really are back at square one when it comes to the Oline (and by square one at least 2 drafts/offseasons away).

By busting do you mean getting injured? Or do you think he's going the way of Ogbuehi? I haven't watched him too closely, but I've often felt like LT is the one position we've not really struggled at with him in. Of course, that is a very subjective thing but it hasn't been like RT, where I feel like pressure is coming at all times.
Reply/Quote
I know PFF likes him, but I haven't been all that impressed. When the line has struggled, he's been right along with them.

Matter of fact if he was really living up to his billing we wouldn't be so desperate for LT at 3. So I get the sense many of us don't see that spot as solidified.

Reply/Quote

This is just ridiculous. He’s far from a bust. The injuries are starting to be a concern, but when he plays he looks pretty good most of the time. And we don’t even know with this latest injury is yet.

Reply/Quote
I would love for Joe Burrow to force the issue and say, " Look, I'll do my best to come back from this injury, But Bengals need to do their best to go out and get Blocking. If the Bengals are NOT willing to do that, then just trade me, because I am NOT going to waste my career this way. Get some Blocking OR Trade Me ".....I would love for Joe Burrow to force the issue. I would love all good QBs to refuse to play for Bengals until they stop being CINCINNATI CHEAP and get rid of The Cincinnati Walmart Blockers and get some real Pro Bowl Type Blockers in here. A good QB behind this CINCINNATI CHEAP line is just a waste of a good QB. If Cincinnati doesn't want to spend money on a good team, St Louis, San Diego or Oakland would like a new team. Burrow and all other QBs should refuse to play in Cincinnati until they stop fielding The Cheapest O Line in the NFL every year. That is the Main Malfunction with Cincinnati Sports, TOO CHEAP.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 03:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I know PFF likes him, but I haven't been all that impressed. When the line has struggled, he's been right along with them.

Matter of fact if he was really living up to his billing we wouldn't be so desperate for LT at 3. So I get the sense many of us don't see that spot as solidified.

I want Sewell as much anyone, but it has nothing to do with Jonah. It’s because I want two really good OT’s, and Hart is not the future at RT.

Reply/Quote
This is the deepest tackle draft in the last decade. Equivalent to the great Wideout prospects last draft. If Williams is legit as folks are acting we could get a RT of the future in the 2nd or 3rd round and open up pick 3.

Let me say this another way, when LT for us was set, we weren't looking at tackles in the top 5.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is the deepest tackle draft in the last decade. Equivalent to the great Wideout prospects last draft. If Williams is legit as folks are acting we could get a RT of the future in the 2nd or 3rd round and open up pick 3.

Let me say this another way, when LT for us was set, we weren't looking at tackles in the top 5.

But he’s probably going to be the BPA when we pick though. And there’s 5 spots on the OL we can move guys around to. It’s not like we’re suggesting to take a FS when we have already Bates.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't consider Jonah a bust. But he's no 2nd coming either. At least at this point, he's basically a rookie himself.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 03:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: This is the deepest tackle draft in the last decade. Equivalent to the great Wideout prospects last draft. If Williams is legit as folks are acting we could get a RT of the future in the 2nd or 3rd round and open up pick 3.

With as bad as our line has been the last few years, we can't afford to pass on any picks there that look like can't miss prospects. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Jonah has been better than the Browns 1st round LT. Injuries are my only concern with him.

Reply/Quote
I really don’t want to pass up on Sewell, not only is he talented but he has attitude. Something this team needs.
Reply/Quote
3 injuries in 2 years isn't a great sign for Jonah. I won't call him a bust, but he does need to stay healthy to avoid that title in the coming year.

I think he'll be a solid/above-average player if he stays healthy (maybe Zeitler level?) but I am not sure I see the type of Whit/Willie ceiling we all hope he'd have. Regardless of how good Jonah is or will be, they still need to go Sewell if he's available when they pick. Not like there's a lack of spots needing upgrading on the OL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Frankly it doesn’t matter who they add on the line if Turner is the coach and ZT is in charge.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:59 PM)kevin Wrote: I did not sit glued to Bengals vs Dolphins, because I knew Dolphins Defense would eat them alive.  THEY DID.    I saw enough to see Dolphins beat Bengals O Line play after play.  Then came the hit knocking Allen out of game and in came Finley.  This means The O Line has had Burrow and Allen knocked out of 2 of the last 3 games.

Let me start new paragraph on that.  The Bengals O Line has allowed 2 Quarterbacks to be injured in 2 of the last 3 games. Lets face it, this O Line let Dalton get killed every game also.  IF you play QB for The Bengals, You will get no Blocking or Pass Protection and No Run Blocking to slow down pass rush.  

Now as every year, people have been on here saying The O Line looks pretty good to them, and we should not draft O Line.  I must point out that these Fans do not have to get clobbered every play like Bengals QBs over the last 4 years.  In this new world where some call everything Fake News. People that loose elections by 7 million votes some think is Fake, and Everything including World Pandemic is Fake, so it is easy to look at this awful O Line and flip that upside down also and say The O Line is just Fine.  I tell you now that if Bengals bring back this O Line, they will win only 2 games like 2020 and 2019.  I tell you Burrow rehab work will all be wasted effort as the O Line gets him killed in just a game or 2.

In order for The Bengals to compete, they need a whole new O Line.  Maybe keep the LT Williams, but the LG, C, RG, RT are all weak and back-ups are weak.  Rebuilding The O Line and Protecting Burrow HAS to be The #1 Priority.  Not Defense which we also need, but Defense can NOT block for Burrow and Mixon.  This does NOT mean a token O Line pick late in the Draft.  This team needs to invest money in O Line Free Agents and Top Round Draft Picks at O Line.  Bengals need to FIRE the O Line they have that is getting QBs killed every week, and RBs killed also.

The Bengals will be a 2 Win A Year Team until they invest heavy on a New O Line across the board from Tackle to Tackle. This O Line now isn't good enough for semi-pro Arena League.  It is A FACT that we have seen every game for the last 4 years.  Duke Tobin has brought in Free Agents and Drafted O Line Players that have Stunk.   It is time to also FIRE Tobin as simulated GM.  I would keep Zac Taylor because I don't think you can judge him on just 2 years, one which was strange COVID year of few practices.  But Duke Tobin has been a Flop enough years to be FIRED.  Tobin is NOT the person to build NEW DEY, he just isn't.

So get rid of Tobin and get rid of almost all of this O Line OR be content to win just 2 games every year AND be content to see Burrow injured the first games back from very long rehab.  To those now wishing we had the Clemson QB, he would get injured in 2 or 3 games also.   FIRE TOBIN, BRING IN A WHOLE NEW O LINE,  Or JUST SELL THE TEAM.  Stop getting QBs killed with this Cheap Cincinnati Way of Doing Things.  People not on this site on internet call Bengals " A Cheap Walmart O Line ", and that is what it is.  A Cheap Cincinnati Walmart O Line.  Like the Rainman Movie, Bengals have to shop at K Mart or Walmart in Cincinnati, and like movie, Cincinnati K Mart or Walmart Sucks.  Bengals will Suck until they Stop having Cheap Cincinnati Walmart O Line.

YOU NEEDED to watch the 2nd half. Yes you do!
Reply/Quote
The players now are better than last season (not an overhaul but definitely better), the results are not, it's the COACHES NEED TO GO NOW!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!
Reply/Quote