Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Heading To LA On Tuesday!
I was thinking about getting used to the time change and how that might leave us at a disadvantage but, luckily, we're making a smart move and flying out there on Tuesday, and we'll practice at UCLA's Drake Stadium:

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals will make the trip to Super Bowl LVI a little earlier than expected.

The Bengals will head to Los Angeles on Tuesday, two days earlier than the NFL expected.

It’s hardly a surprise for the Bengals, who have to deal with winter storms in Cincinnati this week, to the point they’ll practice a few days inside of the University of Cincinnati’s indoor bubble.

Heading west early will be more about getting to better weather and adapting to that and the timezone change than anything else. They are, after all, playing against a Los Angeles Rams team not only used to the environment, but playing at their home stadium.

Los Angeles is going to be around 60 degrees for the week of the Super Bowl, compared to ice storms back in Cincinnati.

“I think it will be important that we (go early), but it’s always easy to transition from not-so-great weather to good weather,” Bengals defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo said, according to the Associated Press. “Doesn’t take long to figure that part out, and the guys will get accustomed to that quick.”

The Bengals will practice at UCLA’s Drake Stadium.

I understand that the weather in Cincinnati might not be ideal or the safest right now, but this field at UCLA is natural grass (I think), and I'd like us to be practicing on the turf so we can get used to it. The weather is in the 60s out there (I think), so the heat won't be a problem, but I'm wondering about the grass and turf thing.

I do like us going out early to get used to the time change (I don't know if Thursday would give us enough time) and to give us more time to get into a routine.

Am I wrong about the grass and turf thing? Do you think it will matter?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was thinking about getting used to the time change and how that might leave us at a disadvantage but, luckily, we're making a smart move and flying out there on Tuesday, and we'll practice at UCLA's Drake Stadium:

I thought the Bengals would get a week of practice in SOFI stadium, to get used to the place they will actually be playing. The Rams have too much of an advantage already by being used to playing in SOFI. Do the Rams also get to practice in the actual stadium the Super Bowl will be as well? 
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:28 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was thinking about getting used to the time change and how that might leave us at a disadvantage but, luckily, we're making a smart move and flying out there on Tuesday, and we'll practice at UCLA's Drake Stadium:

I understand that the weather in Cincinnati might not be ideal or the safest right now, but this field at UCLA is natural grass (I think), and I'd like us to be practicing on the turf so we can get used to it. The weather is in the 60s out there (I think), so the heat won't be a problem, but I'm wondering about the grass and turf thing.

I do like us going out early to get used to the time change (I don't know if Thursday would give us enough time) and to give us more time to get into a routine.

Am I wrong about the grass and turf thing? Do you think it will matter?

The Bengals have a turf field, so I'm sure they are used to the artificial surface. As long as SOFI field is in good shape, I doubt there is an advantage either way.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 05:42 AM)Nepa Wrote: I thought the Bengals would get a week of practice in SOFI stadium, to get used to the place they will actually be playing. The Rams have too much of an advantage already by being used to playing in SOFI. Do the Rams also get to practice in the actual stadium the Super Bowl will be as well? 

So they can get filmed...
Reply/Quote
I probably would've gone this weekend and give the players a day or two to soak up some sunshine before getting into the practice week. But there will be plenty of time for that after they win a Superbowl.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 09:44 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I probably would've gone this weekend and give the players a day or two to soak up some sunshine before getting into the practice week. But there will be plenty of time for that after they win a Superbowl.

Naw, just more chance for them to want to get out and about and then catch something. Staying here to practice, then going out Tuesday so they can get adjusted to the time change is smart.
Reply/Quote
UCLA's football team plays at the Coliseum not Drake Stadium.

I wonder what type of facility it is?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: UCLA's football team plays at the Coliseum not Drake Stadium.

They played at the Coliseum until the early '80s, then they moved to the Rose Bowl.  They actually shared it with 'SC, which must have been an interesting arrangement.  

As to Drake, it isn't anything special, and it's out in the open:

[Image: 0a2106f9ed4451b7800c70e873ff83ca.jpg]

I thought as the "home team" the Bengals got to practice in the Rams' state-of-the-art practice facility.  I thought I read that here.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They played at the Coliseum until the early '80s, then they moved to the Rose Bowl.  They actually shared it with 'SC, which must have been an interesting arrangement.  

As to Drake, it isn't anything special, and it's out in the open:

[Image: 0a2106f9ed4451b7800c70e873ff83ca.jpg]

I thought as the "home team" the Bengals got to practice in the Rams' state-of-the-art practice facility.  I thought I read that here.  

It would make sense but we're the NFL's *****, so they probably changed the rules.
Reply/Quote
By Tuesday, you mean last Tuesday, right?

Media day thing is coming Monday night
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: UCLA's football team plays at the Coliseum not Drake Stadium.

Usc, Coliseum.
Ucla, Rosebowl
Reply/Quote
First I guess MB is not a cheap ass going to LA 2 days early so let's put the Cris Carter BS to bed. I the bubble they are practicing this week on turf or would have been practicing on our grass field so I see no issue with going early.

It is good for them have 5 days to get acclimated to the time change and my guess no family or friends around them much so they can focus on football and getting ready. May heal a disadvantage for Rams if they put all of their players in. hotel too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 05:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It would make sense but we're the NFL's *****, so they probably changed the rules.

Surely that says champ behind NFL's...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 07:50 PM)jason Wrote: Surely that says champ behind NFL's...

Not yet but it will after next Sunday!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 05:42 AM)Nepa Wrote: I thought the Bengals would get a week of practice in SOFI stadium, to get used to the place they will actually be playing. The Rams have too much of an advantage already by being used to playing in SOFI. Do the Rams also get to practice in the actual stadium the Super Bowl will be as well? 

The Rams will practice at their usual place in Thousand Oaks, CA. A grass field.
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/2022/02/01/ventura-county-rams-super-bowl/9304070002/

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thousand+Oaks,+CA/@34.2294351,-118.8794693,808m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x80e8255670288891:0x8d2e7a0147cc2e26!8m2!3d34.1705609!4d-118.8375937

The Bengals are practicing closer to SoFi stadium than the Rams are. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Rams will practice at their usual place in Thousand Oaks, CA. A grass field.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Thousand+Oaks,+CA/@34.2294351,-118.8794693,808m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x80e8255670288891:0x8d2e7a0147cc2e26!8m2!3d34.1705609!4d-118.8375937

Thank you.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The Rams will practice at their usual place in Thousand Oaks, CA. A grass field.

That does make me feel somewhat better and not like we're at nearly as big of a disadvantage!
Reply/Quote
I like that we are going early and getting accustomed to the area. Lets feel right at home. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like that we are going early and getting accustomed to the area. Lets feel right at home. Smirk

My thoughts exactly ThumbsUp

Get accustomed to the time change and make it feel normal ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 06:49 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That does make me feel somewhat better and not like we're at nearly as big of a disadvantage!

The Rams will still have the "comfort" of their normal routine and surroundings, but i don't think it's an advantage that will have any real impact considering the time of season and game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote