Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Improved Pass Rush
The Bengals struggled mightily last year when it came to rushing the passer. It was mainly Dunlap and Atkins; that was it. So the Bengals drafted to improve the pass rush. Not only that, but putting Michael Johnson as an interior player has rejuvenated his career thus far.

The Bengals rank 2nd in the NFL in sacks with 18.

There were 13 DEs taken in this year's draft before Carl Lawson. They have a combined 5 sacks (including Jordan Willis).
Lawson has 3.5.

Atkins is tied for most sacks of interior lineman with 4.

Michael Johnson has 3.5 sacks this year, mostly because of the movement of him on the line.

There are 6 different players on this defensive line alone that have a sack. 9 different players altogether have at least a sack.

The Bengals lead the NFL with QB Pressures (% of Pass Snaps) with 34%.

The Bengals rank 3rd when it comes to the percentage of pass rushes resulting to a sack.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
It's been great so far and Carlos isn't even really going. Late's hope he turns it on against the Steelers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 07:42 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It's been great so far and Carlos isn't even really going. Late's hope he turns it on against the Steelers.

Dunlap has been getting pressure, but he's also helped other players get sacks as well due to his pressure. It doesn't show on the stat line, but it's important.

I think he'll start collecting sacks as more teams double team others.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Pass rush is a huge indicator of defensive prowess and makes the entire secondary better.
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson is an animal. He's only going to get better. I think Carlos will start to get going. And honestly hope to see more of glaslow. And also hope big Billings can get right.
Reply/Quote
A pass rush like this helps make the offense better also. It is what I have said in other threads that is something that helps Andy and the offense. Loving the infusion of youth and speed
Reply/Quote
Well some people have to be eating crow with MJ right now.. what a year he is having
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 11:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well some people have to be eating crow with MJ right now.. what a year he is having

Was one of his biggest fans but admittedly got down on him last season. 

So I will gladly eat a serving. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone else feel that Dunlap is overrated? Felt for a while that he gets more credit than he deserves. He SOMETIMES gets pressure. meh.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Marvin has given PG more power to play who he wants.

Because he threatened to shake things up last year and play best players. Then Marvin claimed he spoke out of turn basically and all stayed the same.

Either way, enjoying watching this defense.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:16 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Anyone else feel that Dunlap is overrated? Felt for a while that he gets more credit than he deserves. He SOMETIMES gets pressure. meh.

He gets a lot of pressure. He's just really not that good at finishing. He's one of my favorite players though, so he gets a pass because he works his ass off and is a very well rounded player. Plus he seems to be a super nice guy that has fun out there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 12:16 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Anyone else feel that Dunlap is overrated? Felt for a while that he gets more credit than he deserves. He SOMETIMES gets pressure. meh.

Maybe not overrated... He seems to drift in and out of games, but I feel like him and Geno really push that side hard later in the year when its colder and OL are tired. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 10:18 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Carl Lawson is an animal. He's only going to get better. I think Carlos will start to get going. And honestly hope to see more of glaslow. And also hope big Billings can get right.

FWIW, Marvin said Billings hasn't been playing a lot but he's been playing well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Pass rush is really showing in the passing numbers. Definitely helping our corners with better play, and that's even including fluke big plays and penalties.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Our d is ***** legit...... I mean across the board legit....
Reply/Quote
Might be tougher to get sacks coming of the left side since most QBs are right handed and would see you coming moreso than from their blindside. I feel that he’s consistently pressuring the QB though.
Reply/Quote
Pass rush has been a plus thus far, but true test will come in a big game. Can they show up? Or will it be the typical disappearing act of the DL in big/primetime games....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Pass rush has definitely been great this season. Dunlap is not overrated. As was mentioned, he does a lot of things that don't show on the stat sheet. Others get sacks because of his pressures.

It's going to be interesting when the pass rush disappears against the Steelers because they let those motherfuckers get away with copious amounts of holding.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:52 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Pass rush has definitely been great this season. Dunlap is not overrated. As was mentioned, he does a lot of things that don't show on the stat sheet. Others get sacks because of his pressures.

It's going to be interesting when the pass rush disappears against the Steelers because they let those motherfuckers get away with copious amounts of holding.

Maybe with a bigger stage 4:25 game of the week, the calls won't be as 1 sided? Kind of like the last playoff game... oh wait.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2017, 09:52 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: It's going to be interesting when the pass rush disappears against the Steelers because they let those motherfuckers get away with copious amounts of holding.

We've all seen quite a few holds from opposing OL go uncalled. Can you imagine what our sack numbers would be if there wasn' so much holding going on? :drool:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote