Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals In Control Of Their Play-Off Destiny
Well, almost....Steelers 4-2, Ravens 3-3, Bengals 2-4, Browns no wins at all yet......4 road games off the schedule and only week 6......Beat Browns in THE JUNGLE and go to London England and beat Washington....4-4 at mid season.....Beat Ravens twice and Steelers in Cincy and go at least 6-2 to win 10 games at the end...OK, we need somebody somewhere to beat Steelers , but for the most part......BENGALS IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN PLAY-OFF DESTINY........WHO DEY........ Nervous
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:57 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, almost....Steelers 4-2, Ravens 3-3, Bengals 2-4, Browns no wins at all yet......4 road games off the schedule and only week 6......Beat Browns in THE JUNGLE and go to London England and beat Washington....4-4 at mid season.....Beat Ravens twice and Steelers in Cincy and go at least 6-2 to win 10 games at the end...OK, we nee somebody somewhere to beat Steelers , but for the most part......BENGALS IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN PLAY-OFF DESTINY........WHO DEY........ Nervous

Your assuming 10-6 makes the playoffs with all the AFC tie breakers we've lost by losing to PIT, DEN and NE.
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to back in to the playoffs to then get embarrassed once again and have Giggles retained. This is like the worst Twilight Zone episode ever.
Reply/Quote
The "somebody somewhere" is hopefully the Pats in Pittsburgh next week. Take care of business here and we'rew just a game back of the Steelers. Need to see this team come out and just smoke the Clowns. No Marv Ball eke-it-out victory, no sir. We need to flat-out curb-stomp Hue and his band of losers Sunday.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The "somebody somewhere" is hopefully the Pats in Pittsburgh next week.  Take care of business here and we'rew just a game back of the Steelers.  Need to see this team come out and just smoke the Clowns.  No Marv Ball eke-it-out victory, no sir.  We need to flat-out curb-stomp Hue and his band of losers Sunday.

I doubt we will smoke them. I think we win, but the browns have been in every game this season save the NE game.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:01 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I can't wait to back in to the playoffs to then get embarrassed once again and have Giggles retained.  This is like the worst Twilight Zone episode ever.

[Image: 163610-118005-dr-hibbert.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:01 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I can't wait to back in to the playoffs to then get embarrassed once again and have Giggles retained.  This is like the worst Twilight Zone episode ever.

That's the spirit! Who Dey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That's the spirit! Who Dey!

Losing First Round Playoff games, *THAT's* BENGAL football!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:06 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That's the spirit! Who Dey!

Be honest, did Marvin giggle his way through his proposal to you when he presented you the with the ring?

Listen, I know you and Marv love the digs you guys have in Indian Hill and all that but it's time to move on.  Wish you guys the best though.
Reply/Quote
at 2-4, I thought why not a dumb thread. I considered the sarcasm alert face, but choose the face looking around like WTF.....but it's possible.....right now they just have to beat Cleveland.....that coach, " Play-offs, you're taking about Play-Offs ???? "
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Kevin I applaud your enthusiasm bro ! And hope you're right. I hope the players can get together and be determined to overcome the worst coaching staff in the NFL. I hope they can finish 10-6 and get the help for that to be good enough.

But even if they do. With Giggles "we need to play better" Lewis at the helm. The complete lack of discipline will ensure another wildcard round melt-down and we'll get em next year finish.

This team has no chance in big games against the big boys.
Reply/Quote
We might control our playoff destiny, but I just don't see this team winning more than 5 games the rest of the way. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
You can't have "control their own destiny" conversations in week 6. Almost every single team in the league controls their own destiny right now.

This team is now 2-4. They've lost 2 of the last 3, and 3 of the last 4. They're 6-9 since starting 8-0 last year.

This was a team who was supposed to next the step, and elevate themselves from simply being a playoff team to a being true contender. Well, they've played 4 playoff caliber team this season. Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos and Steelers. They lost all 4 games. Didn't win a single one.

They lost by 18 to the Patriots, 14 to the Cowboys, 12 to the Broncos, and 8 to the Steelers. We weren't within a touchdown and an extra point in any of these games. Not one. We were held to 17 or less in all 4 games. Those are very disturbing numbers.

There's a lot better talking points than the fact that we control our own destiny in week 6. I'm not even really sure what that means in October.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:11 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Be honest, did Marvin giggle his way through his proposal to you when he presented you the with the ring?

Listen, I know you and Marv love the digs you guys have in Indian Hill and all that but it's time to move on.  Wish you guys the best though.

I think you've confused my assessment of this team and the rest of the season with a belief or any favorable feelings to Marvin. I'm just not a moody little girl like most people in here. I've watched plenty of football and seen how the bengals have conducted business over the Dalton/Green era. They beat the mediocre/bad teams and lose to the good ones. The hard part of the schedule is over so the bengals will probably go on a streak like usual and make the playoffs like usual. Then I imagine they will lose again, like usual, but I'll reserve my playoff game prediction until the end so I can see how the team is playing in December.

I want a change at HC and o line coach as much as anybody but it won't happen until he retires

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You can't have "control their own destiny" conversations in week 6.  Almost every single team the league controls their own destiny right now.  

This team is now 2-4.  They've lost 2 of the last 3, and 3 of the last 4.  They're 6-9 since starting 8-0 last year.

This was a team who was supposed to next the step, and elevate themselves from playoff team to a true contender.  Well, they've played 4 playoff caliber team this season.  Patriots, Cowboys, Broncos and Steelers.  They lost all 4 games.  Didn't win a single one.  

They lost by 18 to the Patriots, 14 to the Cowboys, 12 to the Broncos, and 8 to the Steelers.  We weren't within a touchdown and a extra point in any of these games.  Not one.  we were held to 17 or less in all 4 games.

There's a lot better talking points than the fact that we control our own destiny in week 6.  I'm not even really ure what that means in October.

It's a classic Lewis apologist tactic of saying even though it is beyond clear we are not a very good team, and extremely short on competent coaching, that we still have a shot at the postseason (where Marvin really excels) and the season is not over if things "go the right way."  After falling to 2-4 this is a great time for such people to do that.  Surprised it wasn't stated last week.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I think you've confused my assessment of this team and the rest of the season with a belief or any favorable feelings to Marvin. I'm just not a moody little girl like most people in here. I've watched plenty of football and seen how the bengals have conducted business over the Dalton/Green era. They beat the mediocre/bad teams and lose to the good ones. The hard part of the schedule is over so the bengals will probably go on a streak like usual and make the playoffs like usual. Then I imagine they will lose again, like usual, but I'll reserve my playoff game prediction until the end so I can see how the team is playing in December.

I want a change at HC and o line coach as much as anybody but it won't happen until he retires

I'm with ya.  I will admit, I am BIG TIME moody right now though.

I will also say that previous post by me to you was weak as sh*t.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The "somebody somewhere" is hopefully the Pats in Pittsburgh next week.  Take care of business here and we'rew just a game back of the Steelers.  Need to see this team come out and just smoke the Clowns.  No Marv Ball eke-it-out victory, no sir.  We need to flat-out curb-stomp Hue and his band of losers Sunday.

After we beat the steelers in Pittsburgh back in 2009 I'll never forget Marvin said something to the effect of, "that was my favorite game I ever coached". I'll never forget how sick it made me. We won that game with 5 or 6 field goals and played horribly conservative on offense. 

Marvin lives for low-scoring, close games. He always play not to lose and never plays to win. He put an end to the high-scoring, quick strike offense in favor of clock-control football after 2007. It's an outdated style of ugly football and rarely wins games against the top tier teams in the league today.

So, I'll keep on saying it until he's gone: #MarvBall
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:26 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: After we beat the steelers in Pittsburgh back in 2009 I'll never forget Marvin said something to the effect of, "that was my favorite game I ever coached". I'll never forget how sick it made me. We won that game with 5 or 6 field goals and played horribly conservative on offense. 

Marvin lives for low-scoring, close games. He always play not to lose and never plays to win. He put an end to the high-scoring, quick strike offense in favor of clock-control football after 2007. It's an outdated style of ugly football and rarely wins games against the top tier teams in the league today.

So, I'll keep on saying it until he's gone: #MarvBall

Spot on  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Shouldn't have killed Harambe we wouldn't be in this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:57 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, almost....Steelers 4-2, Ravens 3-3, Bengals 2-4, Browns no wins at all yet......4 road games off the schedule and only week 6......Beat Browns in THE JUNGLE and go to London England and beat Washington....4-4 at mid season.....Beat Ravens twice and Steelers in Cincy and go at least 6-2 to win 10 games at the end...OK, we need somebody somewhere to beat Steelers , but for the most part......BENGALS IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN PLAY-OFF DESTINY........WHO DEY........ Nervous

Getting 10 wins doesn't necessarily get you in the playoffs. In fact neither does 11 wins. NE didn't make the playoffs in 2008 after going 11-5 without Brady the entire year.

And I'm not exactly sure we can say with any certainty or confidence that this team is going to go London and beat Washington or Raven even once or the Steelers or really even another game. Maybe we can count on a win against Cleveland, but I'm not sure we can count on two of them.

I'm starting to pay more attention to who might be available in the top 10 in the coming draft.

Reply/Quote