Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals In Control Of Their Play-Off Destiny
(10-16-2016, 06:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Getting 10 wins doesn't necessarily get you in the playoffs. In fact neither does 11 wins. NE didn't make the playoffs in 2008 after going 11-5 without Brady the entire year.

And I'm not exactly sure we can say with any certainty or confidence that this team is going to go London and beat Washington or Raven even once or the Steelers or really even another game. Maybe we can count on a win against Cleveland, but I'm not sure we can count on two of them.

I'm starting to pay more attention to who might be available in the top 10 in the coming draft.

This.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
They came out stronger than most expected. 

The problem is, you can't keep starting off fast, only to fizzle out later in the game. No defensive pressure on the QB in the 2nd half. Not much offensive pressure trying to go downfield. No big plays late in the game. 17 freaking points.

It's like they have a mental timer in their head and they're programmed to only play 30 to 40 minutes of football. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:25 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I'm with ya.  I will admit, I am BIG TIME moody right now though.

I will also say that previous post by me to you was weak as sh*t.

You are not the only one lol I'm just honestly pleasantly surprised, after last week I thought this game would be as bad if not worse than the "back to Cincinnati" game. I think we played substantially better this week, so I'm even more convinced this team will get it together and beat some mediocre teams to make the playoffs. Just having trouble listening to people saying we won't beat the Browns or win more than 5 games this year, or that the season is over. We will beat the Browns, and will probably make the playoffs again because that's what this team does...doesn't mean I think we are real contenders tho
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:30 PM)Clappington Wrote: Shouldn't have killed Harambe we wouldn't be in this mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were 22-9-1 when Harambe was still with us, including getting out to an 8-0 start last season which was sadly, his last.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:03 PM)Beaker Wrote: I doubt we will smoke them. I think we win, but the browns have been in every game this season save the NE game.

Agreed.  I want to see a beatdown, but we'll get a 3-7 point victory.  Cleveland's been competitive, and next Sunday will be no different.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:13 PM)kevin Wrote: at 2-4, I thought why not a dumb thread. I considered the sarcasm alert face, but choose the face looking around like WTF.....but it's possible.....right now they just have to beat Cleveland.....that coach, " Play-offs, you're taking about Play-Offs ???? "

I see I need to repeat this......of course you don't talk play-offs at 2-4.......this thread after falling to 2-4 is a joke....per the face with eyes looking around at the post....I'll post this guy again also.   Nervous
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:57 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, almost....Steelers 4-2, Ravens 3-3, Bengals 2-4, Browns no wins at all yet......4 road games off the schedule and only week 6......Beat Browns in THE JUNGLE and go to London England and beat Washington....4-4 at mid season.....Beat Ravens twice and Steelers in Cincy and go at least 6-2 to win 10 games at the end...OK, we need somebody somewhere to beat Steelers , but for the most part......BENGALS IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN PLAY-OFF DESTINY........WHO DEY........ Nervous

Looking at the schedule I see us starting December at 7-4...
Reply/Quote
Playoffs? Your talking about playoffs?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
On a positive note, Dalton's chemistry with Boyd and LaFell looked better today. We have to take baby steps.

Carry on...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Looking at the schedule I see us starting December at 7-4...

I see the last game is January 1st, so I'll go out on a limb here and guarantee that the Bengals are playing in January. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:08 PM)jason Wrote: On a positive note, Dalton's chemistry with Boyd and LaFell looked better today. We have to take baby steps.

Carry on...

That's probably because our OLine actually looked a little better and Andy Dalton had at least 3 milliseconds to look down the field.  
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Getting 10 wins doesn't necessarily get you in the playoffs. In fact neither does 11 wins. NE didn't make the playoffs in 2008 after going 11-5 without Brady the entire year.

And I'm not exactly sure we can say with any certainty or confidence that this team is going to go London and beat Washington or Raven even once or the Steelers or really even another game. Maybe we can count on a win against Cleveland, but I'm not sure we can count on two of them.

I'm starting to pay more attention to who might be available in the top 10 in the coming draft.

So....we play against our former OC's back to back weeks? lol nice.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 06:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Looking at the schedule I see us starting December at 7-4...

Can I have some of what you're smoking? That's got to be some righteous shit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:21 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Can I have some of what you're smoking? That's got to be some righteous shit!

Browns, Redskins, Giants, Bills, Ravens.

What have you seen from any of those teams to show that they can beat us?

Being in the 'skins market, I see plenty of them, and they are by far the best of those 5 teams.  And they are still by far worse than we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 05:57 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, almost....Steelers 4-2, Ravens 3-3, Bengals 2-4, Browns no wins at all yet......4 road games off the schedule and only week 6......Beat Browns in THE JUNGLE and go to London England and beat Washington....4-4 at mid season.....Beat Ravens twice and Steelers in Cincy and go at least 6-2 to win 10 games at the end...OK, we need somebody somewhere to beat Steelers , but for the most part......BENGALS IN CONTROL OF THEIR OWN PLAY-OFF DESTINY........WHO DEY........ Nervous

You sound like the bastard son of DennyG Ninja
Reply/Quote
I wish I had your confidence. Too bad I have followed the Bengals since 1968. I can't muster any confidence Sad
Reply/Quote
I just prefer we lose out we aren't good enough to win so what's the point? tank get a good draft pick and hopefully a new coach. We all thought we wouldn't get rid of Brandon Tate and we did so maybe we get rid of Marvin as HC.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Browns, Redskins, Giants, Bills, Ravens.

Being in the 'skins market, I see plenty of them, and they are by far the best of those 5 teams.  And they are still by far worse than we are.

Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Loss, though I'm kind of 50/50 on the Redskins and Giants. Could win one of those.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 07:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Browns, Redskins, Giants, Bills, Ravens.

I realize there are details beyond the records, but all of those teams, save the Browns, have better records than we do.  It's hard to look at teams with 2 wins more than us and say they are "far worse" with much confidence.
Reply/Quote