Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals In Today's NFC and AFC Championship Games.
Burkhead with Patriots, Zimmer with Vikings and that kicker we drafted high for a kicker in early Round 5 and was cut never playing a game for Bengals with Eagles, Elliott. There may be others, these 3 stand out. These one time Bengals are winning in play-offs and one game away from SUPER BOWL. It will be hard to watch these Championship Games for me not to notice these Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Terrence Newman and Emmanuel Lamur both play for Minnesota. Marquis Flowers for New England.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just be happy for them and cheer them on. They defeated certain death and now will have some stories to tell.

Reply/Quote
Burkhead isn't likely to be active due to injury. And if Brady has problems because of his injuries hand then Rex will need to go into hiding since it was him who ran into TB and caused the injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
im a team fan not a player fan. once they leave the team i dont really care or notice them
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 10:42 AM)motoarch Wrote: im a team fan not a player fan.  once they leave the team i dont really care or notice them

Same here. Never understood getting attached to guys we don't even know personally. If you're a Bengal, great. If not, kick rocks.

I've also never understood feeling sorry for fired coaches. (1) If no coaches got canned, no opportunities would arise for others, and (2) these guys make a crap ton of money. My empathy is better served on starving children, not multi-millionaires who will never see real life struggles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 10:19 AM)pally Wrote: Burkhead isn't likely to be active due to injury.  And if Brady has problems because of his injuries hand  then Rex will need to go into hiding since it was him who ran into TB and caused the injury

Are you serious?  It was Rex?  Maybe this was all a part of an elaborate sabotage?  (I'm kidding)
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 10:19 AM)pally Wrote: Burkhead isn't likely to be active due to injury.  And if Brady has problems because of his injuries hand  then Rex will need to go into hiding since it was him who ran into TB and caused the injury

Jaguar fans need to send money to Mike Brown's favorite charity (himself) for letting Burkhead go to the Patriots in the first place should they win today. 
Reply/Quote
James Harrison playing for Pats. I am sure a lot of Bengal fans are rooting for him to get that ring he could not here.
Reply/Quote
Seems like at least one former Bengal was overjoyed to get the hell out of town.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/19/16909392/former-bengals-lb-claims-defensive-coordinator-never-spoke-to-him-in-cincinnati

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like at least one former Bengal was overjoyed to get the hell out of town.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/1/19/16909392/former-bengals-lb-claims-defensive-coordinator-never-spoke-to-him-in-cincinnati

And according to that link it sounds like the Bengals were glad to get rid of him.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And according to that link it sounds like the Bengals were glad to get rid of him.

I guess you might say that it was a win-win.

I just don't understand how some fans can hold some sort of sentimental attachment to any player that might have worn a Bengal uniform, for a short period of his life.  I can rationalize being attached to certain players, who were here for a long time and made significant, impactful contribution to the team, like Whitworth.  But, for fans to get mushy-gushy over 3rd string bench players like Flowers or Burkhead is a bit toward ridiculous.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 05:29 AM)kevin Wrote: Burkhead with Patriots, Zimmer with Vikings and that kicker we drafted high for a kicker in early Round 5 and was cut never playing a game for Bengals with Eagles, Elliott.  There may be others, these 3 stand out.  These one time Bengals are winning in play-offs and one game away from SUPER BOWL.  It will be hard to watch these Championship Games for me not to notice these Bengals.

Do you have some unnatural fear of the word "the"? An allergy?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 05:29 AM)kevin Wrote: Burkhead with Patriots, Zimmer with Vikings and that kicker we drafted high for a kicker in early Round 5 and was cut never playing a game for Bengals with Eagles, Elliott.  There may be others, these 3 stand out.  These one time Bengals are winning in play-offs and one game away from SUPER BOWL.  It will be hard to watch these Championship Games for me not to notice these Bengals.

I'm still pissed about Elliott.
Reply/Quote
How about current Bengals with AFC/NFC Championship team ties:

Brandon LaFell- Pats
Chris Smith- Jags
Andre Smith- Vikes
Bill Lazor- Eagles
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 09:49 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Just be happy for them and cheer them on. They defeated certain death and now will have some stories to tell.

Hell no!! Once a player leaves or coach leaves the Bengals they are the enemy. I dont want any of them to win the SuperBowl!! 

I hope they cancel the SuperBowl this year!
Reply/Quote
If I was a fan of them while on Bengals then will root for them to do well unless playing against us.

As long as they leave the right way. Will pull for Whit because believe we should have anted up.

Will pull for Coach Zimmer as well. Not his fault he did not get promoted to HC here. He did his part imo.

Go Vikings !

PS Have hated the Vikings my entire life until Mike Zimmer became coach and then drafted Teddy. They instantly became my 2nd favorite team. Which have never had a team other than Bengals until that very day.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But will note that several here saying different absolutely rooted for Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson and or Carson.

Not that I really care, just saying.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Exactly zero of them. Exactly like the previous 30 or so years.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2018, 12:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like at least one former Bengal was overjoyed to get the hell out of town.

Proves this place is toxic, mismanaged, or both.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote