Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bengals Indoor Practice Field
Who knew the Bengals were ranked in the top ten of NFL weight training facilities AND have an indoor practice field?

https://stripehype.com/2019/07/06/bengals-update-indoor-practice-field/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1DXSRTR8ub3rzawOagOVeJfdwn_6_UCxRPDAZl7wJTlI__ambwuiSPANY
(02-20-2022, 01:05 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Who knew the Bengals were ranked in the top ten of NFL weight training facilities AND have an indoor practice field?

https://stripehype.com/2019/07/06/bengals-update-indoor-practice-field/amp/?fbclid=IwAR1DXSRTR8ub3rzawOagOVeJfdwn_6_UCxRPDAZl7wJTlI__ambwuiSPANY

I've stepped on it during one of those Paul Brown tours.... it's super small maybe 30-40 yards. 

I'm sure you can get stuff done on it but hardly ideal. 
[Image: 1500x500]
From the very beginning of the article you just linked.....

Quote:Also, they still have to bus ten minutes up the road to the University of Cincinnati a couple times a year when the weather requires it. Still, it is a basketball court sized field that was converted to turf during the 2015 renovations.

...a basketball court sized area is not a practice field.

[Image: Bengals-Field.png]

"Oh look, like 4 guys can practice inside here so long as they don't run any routes, throw any passes, practice any tackling, practice any punts, or practice any kicks."

Why bother posting a thread that is immediately proven false from your own source?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I'll bet the Dolphins feel pretty silly thinking their new Training Facility is to NFL standards after seeing the Bengals indoor facility:

[Image: b9QFnGj.jpg]
[Image: ias1bKq.jpg][Image: 4oa3K5a.jpg]
[Image: b6r5xhS.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-20-2022, 01:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll bet the Dolphins feel pretty silly thinking their new Training Facility is to NFL standards after seeing the Bengals indoor facility:

All that luxury is why Tua can't throw a pass, playing in the elements makes the players better.  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(02-20-2022, 01:05 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Who knew the Bengals were ranked in the top ten of NFL weight training facilities AND have an indoor practice field?

weight and training room are  top notch... indoor is small but works for what it is designed for and we are just minutes away from UC bubble which is working out just fine
They need an indoor facility.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
I think they are going to build one where Hilltop Concrete is in a few years. I think they own the land.
(02-20-2022, 04:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they are going to build one where Hilltop Concrete is in a few years. I think they own the land.

Do you have any basis for that assumption?

I'm just afraid that Mike Brown would half-ass it. 

Miami's cost, what? 135 million? That was with a pool and restaurant and whatever, but even building a practice bubble for 35 or 30 million would be a hell of an upgrade.
We should have one, and there's no disputing that. Having your guys needing to borrow the local college facilities is a bad look no matter how people try to spin it.

Yes, the Steelers "share" a facility with Pitt, but they have their own fields, DFAC and weight rooms within that facility. It's not even close to the same.

You have a big boy team, time to give them big boy facilities. Boggles my mind when people defend this. We should all want the best for our players. At this point, it's not even asking for the best. It's asking for them to have what every other team has.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-20-2022, 03:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: weight and training room are  top notch... indoor is small but works for what it is designed for and we are just minutes away from UC bubble which is working out just fine

Poverty thinking.  The new Cincy soccer team found and built a 3 field practice facility.  This is embarrassing.

We have a basketball court covered in carpet or have to borrow from a college. Moeller HS will have one before we do.  

Baltimore
[Image: 07c7dfb9b7ebf5131b25427417dad106.jpg]

Cleveland
[Image: 208b6721c122ad668340e4ef151b8b0a.jpg]

Cincy - pasture under a highway bridge.

[Image: da90b80671b05ac82142f610ea067f5e.jpg]
(02-20-2022, 04:16 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think they are going to build one where Hilltop Concrete is in a few years. I think they own the land.

That has been the assumption for yers and that the city would help pay for it.  Only NE has a facility next to their stadium, shouldnt be the reason not to look elsewhere.

THE ONLY NFL TEAM WITHOUT A PRACTICE FACILITY.

Simply amazing that Centre College in Danville KY has one for their football team, most colleges do, and now high schools are building them.

The Bengals are worth $3B, if the soccer team in Cincy cn build one we should be able to as well.
(02-20-2022, 05:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: That has been the assumption for yers and that the city would help pay for it.  Only NE has a facility next to their stadium, shouldnt be the reason not to look elsewhere.

THE ONLY NFL TEAM WITHOUT A PRACTICE FACILITY.

Simply amazing that Centre College in Danville KY has one for their football team, most colleges do, and now high schools are building them.

The Bengals are worth $3B, if the soccer team in Cincy cn build one we should be able to as well.

Carolina is building a mega facility on 200 acres. Really cool. You know whats crazy? Their owner built them a TEMPORARY indoor facility while the new is being built.  Mike Brown is the worst owner in modern history in providing resources to his team.

Carolina Panthers

[Image: 5291e5aeedb9acb203c9594fc5f2e4c6.jpg]

SB Runner UP Bengals

(02-20-2022, 05:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Carolina is building a mega facility on 200 acres. Really cool. You know whats crazy? Their owner built them a TEMPORARY indoor facility while the new is being built.  Mike Brown is the worst owner in modern history in providing resources to his team.

Carolina Panthers

[Image: 5291e5aeedb9acb203c9594fc5f2e4c6.jpg]

SB Runner UP Bengals

Jaguars
[Image: ace7ba4502bfc4f108eecaf081d4b7d8.jpg]

Jets

[Image: 36fe02de28aa1a19b502108d015a1ac2.jpg]

Bengals

(02-20-2022, 04:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At this point, it's not even asking for the best.

Agreed now asking for it, but how sweet would that be? Did you see the Cowboys indoor practice field? It's literally just another smaller stadium. Seats 12,000 and they use it for the 8 local district high school football as well. Apparently they ran a quadruple-header when they opened it for all the teams.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-08-19-at-8.29.20-PM-1024x558.png]

He absolutely makes some of his money back though, because A. you know all those kids are now diehard Cowboys fans for life and B. he has restaurants in the whole Cowboys facility, so you know there's tons of people going to have dinner there after the games.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]

That's why the purchased them Land apparently. I think it will get done eventually it's not like they need it to be the #1 practice Facility in the area.

Also using UC is fine in the winter when the Bearcats are not using it but what about in the summer where there are pop up thunderstorms or during early September? Losing a practice could be critical at that juncture.

Even if it isn't a big deal it looks like a big deal from the outside looking in.

Just get it done Brown family!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(02-20-2022, 05:09 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jaguars
[Image: ace7ba4502bfc4f108eecaf081d4b7d8.jpg]

Jets

[Image: 36fe02de28aa1a19b502108d015a1ac2.jpg]

Bengals

You think the Bengals could compete with the Panthers, Jaguars, and Jets if they had a big shiny facility?
(02-20-2022, 05:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Agreed now asking for it, but how sweet would that be? Did you see the Cowboys indoor practice field? It's literally just another smaller stadium. Seats 12,000 and they use it for the 8 local district high school football as well. Apparently they ran a quadruple-header when they opened it for all the teams.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2016-08-19-at-8.29.20-PM-1024x558.png]

He absolutely makes some of his money back though, because A. you know all those kids are now diehard Cowboys fans for life and B. he has restaurants in the whole Cowboys facility, so you know there's tons of people going to have dinner there after the games.

I'd personally love something like that, and boy would it ever shift the narrative.

I'd settle for a really nice bubble at this point though. An average facility.

It'd really show the FO is serious.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(02-20-2022, 05:48 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote:  You think the Bengals could compete with the Panthers, Jaguars, and Jets if they had a big shiny facility?

This is a false equivalency argument.  

Every Super Bowl team in the last decade other than us has a practice facility, how about that?  

Do you not see the level of commitment this shows the coaches and the players? 

Forget the salary stuff the new CBA a couple years ago has forced all teams to spend much more money on players.  Look at the responsibilities of the owners after payroll:  resources - staff, equipment and facilities - we are dead last in all (except having a MRI machine in the stadium).

If the facilities did nothing why would teams have them?  It is more than just an indoor field.

Im not asking for a "big shiny facility" just get us one that is equal to the absolute worst one in the league right above us. 
(02-20-2022, 05:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: This is a false equivalency argument.  

Every Super Bowl team in the last decade other than us has a practice facility, how about that?  

Do you not see the level of commitment this shows the coaches and the players? 

Forget the salary stuff the new CBA a couple years ago has forced all teams to spend much more money on players.  Look at the responsibilities of the owners after payroll:  resources - staff, equipment and facilities - we are dead last in all (except having a MRI machine in the stadium).

If the facilities did nothing why would teams have them?  It is more than just an indoor field.

Im not asking for a "big shiny facility" just get us one that is equal to the absolute worst one in the league right above us. 

I was being a bit facetious, but I just fail to see why this is such a big deal to some.  It's like trying to keep up with the Joneses through your favorite team.  I think that goofy ex punter with the podcast is taken a bit too seriously by some.