Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Internship Opportunities
Do you know a college student looking for a summer internship? The Bengals are looking for interns for their communications department

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If you already had experience, why would you become an intern? Isn't that the purpose of an internship in the first place? Getting said experience?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you already had experience, why would you become an intern? Isn't that the purpose of an internship in the first place? Getting said experience?

I’m sure they are meaning someone working on a degree in one of those areas... you’d have experience just not the real world experience.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m sure they are meaning someone working on a degree in one of those areas... you’d have experience just not the real world experience.

as someone whos applied for Entry Level positions.. Course experience doesnt count
Reply/Quote
I guess they ran out of relatives,,,,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:40 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you already had experience, why would you become an intern? Isn't that the purpose of an internship in the first place? Getting said experience?

Previous internships, working for their college newspaper, radio, tv stations,  working in college athletic department all count towards experience.  Even someone looking for a career change from related fields might be interested. Often those qualifications are used to weed out people just interested in getting close to the team.  If they really like someone "experience" will be waived.  

Reply/Quote
I'm not gonna bad-mouth them for this. At least they're doing it. I would have loved this kind of opportunity as a student.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess they ran out of relatives,,,,

The relatives skip internship and go right to expert placement whether they have any experience or not. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as someone whos applied for Entry Level positions.. Course experience doesnt count

Ya... that’s why you get an internship lol
Reply/Quote
Didn't I read on here somewhere that Emily Parker herself is a relative?

Edit.  I cannot find evidence of this, but my assumption is more than justified.  
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:45 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’m sure they are meaning someone working on a degree in one of those areas... you’d have experience just not the real world experience.

People can do more than one internship while they are in school.
I worked with a guy who started out as an intern right after his freshman year, then he returned for another internship after his sophomore year, another after his junior year, a co-op during his senior year, and then finally a full-time hire after he graduated.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 07:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Didn't I read on here somewhere that Emily Parker herself is a relative?

Edit.  I cannot find evidence of this, but my assumption is more than justified.  

You may be the first person to make a relative post that became irrelative, but may be relative again.  Relatively speaking, she may be a relative or have relatives in the organization. This is a theory of relativity.

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:36 PM)pally Wrote: Do you know a college student looking for a summer internship? The Bengals are looking for interns for their communications department

Ugh, why couldn't this be 10 years earlier? Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe we're finally going to start adding positions and become like a real franchise! Starts at the top and maybe it just trickles down when they see how much more efficient things are when we add positions!

Scouts are next!
Reply/Quote

Experience takes a lot of forms. Working at the University publication/radio, previously interning at a publication or agency, etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 04:57 PM)pally Wrote: Previous internships, working for their college newspaper, radio, tv stations,  working in college athletic department all count towards experience.  Even someone looking for a career change from related fields might be interested. Often those qualifications are used to weed out people just interested in getting close to the team.  If they really like someone "experience" will be waived.  

Worked for Troy Blackburn.
Reply/Quote

Because job markets are thin and if you've had some experience and have no job, then another internship = more experience and a better chance to get a job later.

And if it is a paid internship, all the better.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2021, 03:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: Because job markets are thin and if you've had some experience and have no job, then another internship = more experience and a better chance to get a job later.

And if it is a paid internship, all the better.

it is paid

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2021, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You may be the first person to make a relative post that became irrelative, but may be relative again.  Relatively speaking, she may be a relative or have relatives in the organization. This is a theory of relativity.

inherently correlative.
Reply/Quote