Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Latest Ranking
(11-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's also a great option. Not so much for mods, but I'll admit I did use ignore one time (the week leading up to the draft), and it worked like a charm. "Ignore" and "report" are probably the most underutilized features on here.

Anyone ever report a mod?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 12:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Very weak schedule to start the season gave false perception of the defense.

We beat the Ravens and Steelers who have a combined 11 wins. There’s no need to diminish what we did.

(11-10-2021, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could it be that there's enough tape now that teams are starting to catch on and plan better, just like they are doing with Chase?

Chase is beating himself more than anything. He should have had a 2 TD game against the Jets, and he dropped a TD against the Browns, and maybe another one on the deep shot where he had a step on Newsome.

(11-10-2021, 02:22 PM)GodFather Wrote: How can you say that the OL is good when the Quarterback gets hit 12 times and sacked 5 times  against the Browns? Burrow is getting hit like crazy. They need to clean that up in bye week because I would not call that good at all. Im also not going to say they are garbage and the worst line ever, because thats ridiculous too. 

I just stand behind that this offensive line is a product of what the Bengals addressed in the offseason. They knew Hopkins was coming off a major injury so they should've addressed it. They did not... 

They drafted a second rounder after moving down because they wanted that extra pick. Is that addressing a necessity this team needs? No it does not..

And here we are.

I said 3 of them are good. Because they are. I don’t know why that’s such a controversial statement.

(11-10-2021, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Film is not what is stopping Chase.

If he holds on to the balls that he usually catches he would have had another 100 yard game against the Browns.

Exactly.

(11-10-2021, 06:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What about the first 2 years? :mellow:

IMO, the leash should be short with Lou. He was awful the first 2 years. We dumped a ton of money into the defense. After the last 2 games, our season ranks in total defense and points are mediocre at best.

So to me it's inexcusable. We need better.

Freaking bravo. This is also how I generally look at it. If only everyone could overlook the emotional "hot take" posts and handle them a little better, this board would be a MUCH better place.

Instead, I think a lot of people care way too much about scoring "I'm right" cool points on the board by taking obvious emotion-fueled hyperbole at face value, just to score easy "wins".

Then you also have other people who would rather just take out their frustrations with the losing on other posters rather than the team itself.

I'm not saying emotion-fueled hot takes are the way to go, I'm just saying that all this moral grandstanding about the boards being toxic with negativity is complete BS. The so-called positive posters are contributing just as much themselves.

Yall aren't being positive. You're just matching negativity with more negativity. THAT is how you create a toxic atmosphere.

I (and others) have tried to stimulate some positive conversations by starting threads (like the one I just started about the OL sticking up for Joe), and they quickly descend into madness. Like every single other thread here. There’s no escaping it. And that’s sad. I don’t want to read Facebook level garbage when I come here. This place is supposed to be better than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's also a great option. Not so much for mods, but I'll admit I did use ignore one time (the week leading up to the draft), and it worked like a charm. "Ignore" and "report" are probably the most underutilized features on here.

Can we add ourselves to other posters ignore list! That's what I need!

I've never reported anyone tho. I can take it since I can dish it when approached. Those who dish it then report I do find ...... Well I won't say more. Let's just say posters who take shots should have thicker skin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We beat the Ravens and Steelers who have a combined 11 wins. There’s no need to diminish what we did.

Chase is beating himself more than anything. He should have had a 2 TD game against the Jets, and he dropped a TD against the Browns, and maybe another one on the deep shot where he had a step on Newsome.

I said 3 of them are good. Because they are. I don’t know why that’s such a controversial statement.

Exactly.

I (and others) have tried to stimulate some positive conversations by starting threads (like the one I just started about the OL sticking up for Joe), and they quickly descend into madness. Like every single other thread here. There’s no escaping it. And that’s sad. I don’t want to read Facebook level garbage when I come here. This place is supposed to be better than that.

I still noticed more focus on Chase last week compared to the first few games. I don't believe he was getting the CB1 earlier in the season, but he's definitely getting the CB1 now.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: Can we add ourselves to other posters ignore list! That what I need!

I've never reported anyone tho. I can take it since I can dish it when approached. Those who dish it then report I do find ...... Well I won't say more. Let's just say posters who take shots should have thicker skin.

The term "Candy Ass" comes to mind
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I still noticed more focus on Chase last week compared to the first few games. I don't believe he was getting the CB1 earlier in the season, but he's definitely getting the CB1 now.

He was seeing a lot of the better CB’s early on as well. Especially in the couple games Tee was out. Plus, he absolutely torched Marlon Humphrey so it’s not really a matter of not being able to beat the best CB’s. He’s just had the drops lately. Plain and simple.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 07:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I feel bad using the report option, just makes more work for the mods.

As long as people use it for actual violations (usually name calling), then it actually makes it much easier for us. Without a report, we only know if we stumble on it.

(11-10-2021, 07:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: Anyone ever report a mod?  Hilarious

Yes. Many times. I've been reported at least twice. Never for an actual violation. Usually it's just someone got mad. Which is what 90% of reports are, unfortunately.

(11-10-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I (and others) have tried to stimulate some positive conversations by starting threads (like the one I just started about the OL sticking up for Joe), and they quickly descend into madness. Like every single other thread here. There’s no escaping it. And that’s sad. I don’t want to read Facebook level garbage when I come here. This place is supposed to be better than that.

Fair enough, but I think more can be done. Responding to toxicity with more toxicity has never...ever worked on here. Or the other boards. I've been around since February of 2011. The old boards always had hater/homer debates too. Things always seem at their worst when the so-called positive people become just as toxic as the people they claim to rail against.

I've stood up against negativity a few times recently, but there's only so much you can do or say to stop it. Eventually we need to realize that the only people we can control is ourselves. I keep repeating this phrase, but it usually falls on deaf ears: Be the change you want to see.

If you're truly a positive person, then it will show through your actions. You won't argue for 20 pages and match toxicity with toxicity. You'll just keep being positive. If we had enough people like that, I think the tides would start to change on here.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough, but I think more can be done. Responding to toxicity with more toxicity has never...ever worked on here. Or the other boards. I've been around since February of 2011. The old boards always had hater/homer debates too. Things always seem at their worst when the so-called positive people become just as toxic as the people they claim to rail against.

I've stood up against negativity a few times recently, but there's only so much you can do or say to stop it. Eventually we need to realize that the only people we can control is ourselves. I keep repeating this phrase, but it usually falls on deaf ears: Be the change you want to see.

If you're truly a positive person, then it will show through your actions. You won't argue for 20 pages and match toxicity with toxicity. You'll just keep being positive. If we had enough people like that, I think the tides would start to change on here.

I don't remember it being so toxic when the board started. There was some back and forth as you would expect, but it seems like the last year or so has elevated it to a place like never before. In that time I've seen posters go to levels like never before (I know I'm guilty of it too) but I still don't know what really started to drag it all down so much. Covid and too much free time? All the Twitter experts? 

It's weird it didn't used to be like this. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:34 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't remember it being so toxic when the board started. There was some back and forth as you would expect, but it seems like the last year or so has elevated it to a place like never before. In that time I've seen posters go to levels like never before (I know I'm guilty of it too) but I still don't know what really started to drag it all down so much. Covid and too much free time? All the Twitter experts? 

It's the worst this board has been for sure, but I think there was a couple times on the old board that might compete: (1) when CP demanded a trade...which split the board between people who sided with Carson, and people who hated Carson for "quitting" and (2) the great hater/homer debate later that year.

There was also a lot of toxicity and fighting after the playoff losses.

As far as why we're this bad during a winning season? I think it's a combination of real life stuff (covid, political division, etc) combined with us never really recovering from the Sewell/Chase debate. That was probably the most divided I've ever seen the board. I do think the real life stuff factors heavily though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:21 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As long as people use it for actual violations (usually name calling), then it actually makes it much easier for us. Without a report, we only know if we stumble on it.

Yes. Many times. I've been reported at least twice. Never for an actual violation. Usually it's just someone got mad. Which is what 90% of reports are, unfortunately.

Fair enough, but I think more can be done. Responding to toxicity with more toxicity has never...ever worked on here. Or the other boards. I've been around since February of 2011. The old boards always had hater/homer debates too. Things always seem at their worst when the so-called positive people become just as toxic as the people they claim to rail against.

I'm not sure I've ever reported anyone or even use the ignore thing..If i did I don't remember it.. I figure that at 62 I should be a grown man able to take whatever some schmuck keyboard warrior is slopping out in their digital diarrhea.. I don't take any of it personally.. I long ago discovered the power to get up, walk away from my computer to find something else to do besides argue with children masquerading as adults.. Mellow

Thinking about getting up and finding something else to do I have 27 cabinet doors to make and just started planing the wood yesterday afternoon. It ain't gonna get done sitting here typing this self pat on the back now is it?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 10:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was seeing a lot of the better CB’s early on as well. Especially in the couple games Tee was out. Plus, he absolutely torched Marlon Humphrey so it’s not really a matter of not being able to beat the best CB’s. He’s just had the drops lately. Plain and simple.

Regardless, if this offense can't find a way to produce without some big plays to Chase, it's in trouble.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2021, 01:34 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I don't remember it being so toxic when the board started. There was some back and forth as you would expect, but it seems like the last year or so has elevated it to a place like never before. In that time I've seen posters go to levels like never before (I know I'm guilty of it too) but I still don't know what really started to drag it all down so much. Covid and too much free time? All the Twitter experts? 

(11-11-2021, 02:04 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's the worst this board has been for sure, but I think there was a couple times on the old board that might compete: (1) when CP demanded a trade...which split the board between people who sided with Carson, and people who hated Carson for "quitting" and (2) the great hater/homer debate later that year.

There was also a lot of toxicity and fighting after the playoff losses.

As far as why we're this bad during a winning season? I think it's a combination of real life stuff (covid, political division, etc) combined with us never really recovering from the Sewell/Chase debate. That was probably the most divided I've ever seen the board. I do think the real life stuff factors heavily though.

I think it’s simply people viewed as “haters” are beyond frustrated with the Bengals over the years and they just have had it and vent their frustrations here over it to other Bengal fans who experience the same feelings. But the “homer” side treats anything Bengals like their child/wife and only want to look at positive aspects and don’t want to read what they view as attacks. Then the clash starts from either side. 

I really do think it simply comes down to that and whatever is going on at the moment fuels one side. Especially gloating to other side and then it begins. 

I think personally everyone needs to know regardless of how you root and feel we are all on the same side at the end of the day and want the same thing. The road is just different for everyone. 
Reply/Quote
Actually I think it was more toxic when we were fighting about Marvin and Dalton.

Both of those guys were just good enough to provide their supporters with a lot of material, but they were also bad enough to give the other side soem good points to argue. Even someone in the national media admitted that Dalton was the line between "keep your QB" and "get a new QB". When something is that even it is going to produce a lot of argument.

Then there wre the arguments that were more about personal choices than play on the field. Mainly Carson Palmer and Chad Johnson. These arguments were hot because they were based on opinion instead of facts.

I believe that things are extra heated right now because so many fans dug in their heels and made the arguments for "ANYONE but Marvin" and "ANYONE but Andy". Obviously Burrow has a lot more potential than Andy and should become a better QB. But you still see a lot of people trash Andy in order to defend Joe. And as soon as i questioned the hiring of Taylor I was attacked with claims that i was "just defending Marvin".
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We beat the Ravens and Steelers who have a combined 11 wins. There’s no need to diminish what we did.

Not diminishing anything. But the team has to finish, yet they've stumbled instead.

A .500 Browns team just owned them.

Reply/Quote