Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals MUST go DL in Rd 3
Ok, they've added two very strong offensive weapons in the first two rounds.
Time to address the main problem with the defense, which is a stagnant pass rush.
If the Bengals stick true to their type of DE, I see Daeshon Hall in their future.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Could go OG/OC.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Could go OG/OC.

Could. I think they go OG/C on Day 3. They addressed offense twice. But Elflein still on the board, so maybe (unless I've missed it between pick 48 and now?)
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It'll be a CB, we all know it
Reply/Quote
I am hoping Willis falls that far.. doubtful but hopeful
Reply/Quote
Agreed we are relying too much on Billings and we need a better pass rush this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ok, they've added two very strong offensive weapons in the first two rounds.
Time to address the main problem with the defense, which is a stagnant pass rush.
If the Bengals stick true to their type of DE, I see Daeshon Hall in their future.

Is Derek Rivers gone?

I would take Elflein though. The Offense would be great again and i think the Defense will hold its own regardless if it is fresh.

Love our Offensive picks, best WR in my opinion and arguably the best RB.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:12 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Agreed we are relying too much on Billings and we need a better pass rush this year.

I'm rather optimistic on billings and other undeveloped DT's but I've wanted a SPEED pass rush.  maybe Clark steps up, but we'll draft SOMEONE.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 10:30 PM)redwood Wrote: I'm rather optimistic on billings and other undeveloped DT's but I've wanted a SPEED pass rush.  maybe Clark steps up, but we'll draft SOMEONE.

I'm hopeful but I'm afraid we might be setting ourselves up for a similar situation we had with Ogbuehi this year but on defense with Billings coming off of injury and no experience. Loved the pick though last year.
Reply/Quote
Jaleel Johnson, please.

Or if that can't happen,

Desmond King.

Or George Kittle.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Jordan Willis! I've liked him for awhile. Good production at K-St for two years, amazing Combine. The tape didn't match the Combine in terms of athleticism, but hopefully he'll have more bend than in college and continue his production in the NFL!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
At the point does it matter?

We've gone dl in later rounds and come up with not much. once again, we go sizzle with no steak.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:18 PM)Benton Wrote: At the point does it matter?

We've gone dl in later rounds and come up with not much. once again, we go sizzle with no steak.

Who should they have gone after that would "have steak"? I personally don't see Derek Barnett or Taco Charlton much better than Jordan Willis.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Willis:

11.5 sacks last year...in the big 12...playing for a crappy team.

Coasistently beats double teams.

Can drop in coverage.

Love it.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: Willis:

Can drop in coverage.

Love it.

yeah and 9.5 sacks the year before.
Reply/Quote
Willis had a ton of TFL too. Those are extremely important too in the eyes of the Bengals.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Willis had a ton of TFL too. Those are extremely important too in the eyes of the Bengals.

Means he will be there when teams run those quick screens and etc....i like that a lot.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Who should they have gone after that would "have steak"? I personally don't see Derek Barnett or Taco Charlton much better than Jordan Willis.

Overall reference to the draft so far. Lots of picks at spots we keep picking at hoping something sticks. Sizzle no steak.

Earlier in the draft we cpuldve signed some contributors on dl. Now? Margins hunt looks viable.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:39 PM)Benton Wrote: Overall reference to the draft so far. Lots of picks at spots we keep picking at hoping something sticks. Sizzle no steak.

Earlier in the draft we cpuldve signed some contributors on dl. Now? Margins hunt looks viable.

Come on. You consider Jordan Willis to be at the same level or worse than Margus Hunt?
Margus Hunt was a raw prospect that was already 25 years old coming out of SMU and had to be taught the nuances of the game and was overdrafted in Round 2. Jordan Willis is a better prospect than Hunt and the Bengals were able to snag him in the 3rd.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:23 PM)Beaker Wrote: Willis:

Can drop in coverage.

Love it.

I didn't think he would drop this far, well played Beaker, major reps.

I wanted him in the 2nd. Rock On
Reply/Quote